Fleur and Ingrid?

sunshine21

Re: Fleur and Ingrid?

Post by sunshine21 »

^ Couldn't agree more!!

You can say what you want about Fleur - that she's spoiled, buys expensive and useless shit, doesn't appreciate her wealth and so on. But one positive thing that is VERY Fleur is appreciating her friends and family. I don't know any other youtuber who mentions how much she loves them/is thankful for them as much as Fleur does.
In regard to Ingrid I bet that they weren't that close anymore over a year ago already (I still remember that drama when Ingrid never answered any mails and texts a day before Fleur flew to LA to stay at Ingrid's and Fleur had to tweet her several times to get her attention - something similar also happened to one of Ingrid's real life ex-friends) and Fleur probably tried to keep her mouth shut as long as she could but since Ingrid has her new bf she treats her friends (well, ex-friends since she ditched all of them) like shit. So it wouldn't surprise me if Fleur finally had enough and told her that.
emmygues did a great job explaining why she had a falling out with the gleam robots, so I have nothing to add to that. However, the reason Becky is still around is because they've known each other since uni and they were always there for each other since then. This is a real and genuine friendship that has nothing to do with Youtube. It's not like Fleur is constantly promoting Becky's videos and Becky is more copying Ingrid than Fleur btw.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

bootygahroos wrote:Ingrid has been filming episodes for a new TV shows and everyone has been congratulating her except for Fleur. Now Fleur is going to meet with Elle at Vidcon (Elle does not seem to have the best relationship with Ingrid after the Cabo fiasco). What do you guys think? Are Ingrid and Fleur still friends?
What was the Cabo Fiasco? Link to threads?? thanks

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MalinaNox »

purplequeen wrote:
bootygahroos wrote:Ingrid has been filming episodes for a new TV shows and everyone has been congratulating her except for Fleur. Now Fleur is going to meet with Elle at Vidcon (Elle does not seem to have the best relationship with Ingrid after the Cabo fiasco). What do you guys think? Are Ingrid and Fleur still friends?
What was the Cabo Fiasco? Link to threads?? thanks
Elle went to Cabo with Blair and her bf to celebrate her bday. Ingrid was suppose to go but instead went to Cabo at the exact same time but just hung out with her bf.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I realize that Fleur is pretty spoiled, but she strikes me as the type to want genuine friendships and when someone crosses her or starts acting immature and petty, I don't think she has a tolerance for it- which I like.

GuineaPig
Learner
Learner

Post by GuineaPig »

I think it says a lot about her that she and Lizzy are still close and that Lizzy and Becky get along. So I totally agree with you PrncssProtnPowdr. Her friends (and most of them are not on yt) seem to be lovely people. People on yt entertain me but I wouldn't like to be friends with them. However, I could picture myself being friends with Fleur.

MurphyZeether
Learner
Learner

Post by MurphyZeether »

sunshine21 wrote:^ Couldn't agree more!!

You can say what you want about Fleur - that she's spoiled, buys expensive and useless shit, doesn't appreciate her wealth and so on. But one positive thing that is VERY Fleur is appreciating her friends and family. I don't know any other youtuber who mentions how much she loves them/is thankful for them as much as Fleur does.
Sorry I know your post is old but I just had to comment and say that I completely disagree.

Fleur seems like the type of girl that only sticks to her husband and her family. The one who doesn't bother to make or try with new friends because she feels like she already has who she wants in her life. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it is stuck up and it explains why she has so little friendships in the youtubing world.

Zoe posts or says how grateful she is for her family and friends at least once a day on various social medial outlets. You can tell she is the kind of person who really cares about her friendships, not just from her posts but from the amount of friends she's actually has.

If fleur was such a nice person who cared about her friends, she would have more of them and she wouldn't just give up on friendships so easily. I really believe she's just a self centred person who only cares about her husband and close family members and pretty much ignores anyone else that is "beneath her". The friendships she has outside of that to her are probably just disposable.

And that is because she comes from money. She is uppity.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

Who says she gives up friendships easily? Lissy, her best friend, lived in Scotland forever and she is still best friends with her. Also, look at Zoe's friends. What do they ALL do? Friendship is only impo for some people if you can get sometime out of it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

^ I was actually in the process of typing out a response to their post. But then I realized that you're new. It became quite obvious why you're even here. You should know that you're beyond wrong.

srblane
Talker
Talker

Post by srblane »

MurphyZeether wrote:

Sorry I know your post is old but I just had to comment and say that I completely disagree.

Fleur seems like the type of girl that only sticks to her husband and her family. The one who doesn't bother to make or try with new friends because she feels like she already has who she wants in her life. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it is stuck up and it explains why she has so little friendships in the youtubing world.

Zoe posts or says how grateful she is for her family and friends at least once a day on various social medial outlets. You can tell she is the kind of person who really cares about her friendships, not just from her posts but from the amount of friends she's actually has.

If fleur was such a nice person who cared about her friends, she would have more of them and she wouldn't just give up on friendships so easily. I really believe she's just a self centred person who only cares about her husband and close family members and pretty much ignores anyone else that is "beneath her". The friendships she has outside of that to her are probably just disposable.

I honestly disagree with all of this. I think that Fleur has a very stable life (and I don't mean money) I think that she has a great support system around her and I think it speaks volumes about her personality that she is able to maintain her old friendships as well as she does with all the opportunities that YouTube has afforded her. If you watch her vlogs then you see that she is always doing things with friends (sometimes with Mike and sometimes on her own). She makes time for relationships and it shows - she meets new people but isn't constantly using other YouTubers to gain subscribers. I think Fleur is extremely down to earth and a bit of a homebody. I also think it's ridiculous to say that if she cared more about her friends she would have more. Not everyone is the same and not everyone needs a large number of friends in order for their life to be happy and fulfilled. She seems to have a great balance in her life and it appears that she can actually separate her personal and professional life. I believe she is one of the most successful YouTubers out there because of the balance she has created in her life
Blocked by Velvetgh0st since 1/30/2015

MurphyZeether
Learner
Learner

Fleur and Ingrid?

Post by MurphyZeether »

srblane wrote:
MurphyZeether wrote:

I honestly disagree with all of this. I think that Fleur has a very stable life (and I don't mean money) I think that she has a great support system around her and I think it speaks volumes about her personality that she is able to maintain her old friendships as well as she does with all the opportunities that YouTube has afforded her. If you watch her vlogs then you see that she is always doing things with friends (sometimes with Mike and sometimes on her own). She makes time for relationships and it shows - she meets new people but isn't constantly using other YouTubers to gain subscribers. I think Fleur is extremely down to earth and a bit of a homebody. I also think it's ridiculous to say that if she cared more about her friends she would have more. Not everyone is the same and not everyone needs a large number of friends in order for their life to be happy and fulfilled. She seems to have a great balance in her life and it appears that she can actually separate her personal and professional life. I believe she is one of the most successful YouTubers out there because of the balance she has created in her life
Aw okay, that's fair enough. I didn't mean to offend anyone I just wanted to voice my opinion.

When saying that she would have more friends I meant in the fact that she would be able to maintain her YouTube friendships more if she cared enough about them but it seemed to me like she doesn't.

The things you said about her old friendships is basically what I said too though. That she only cares about who is originally in her life and not about the new youtubers she meets along the way. Again, I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all but you would think (much like this forum) if you meet someone with a common interest you would easily become friends with them. If you are able to still be friends with people in your life even though you are taking a completely different path to them, to me it's more worrying than it is endearing. It is natural to grow apart from people, I worry she actually hangs onto them friendships because they are comfortable more than they are beneficial (emotionally not subscriber or money wise). I really don't see how if she's had a bad day with her videos or a bad book signing or a bad photo shoot, how she can go to her old friends and talk about that and have them understand. It's just not something they can understand because they have never been in that position. Of course they can listen but, for me, it would frustrate me to talk to a friend about something they've had no experience in and can't comprehend or help me with.

I just don't think I'll ever be a fan of hers because I don't understand her.

P.S. sorry this got quite off topic

ShallowBay
Debater
Debater

Post by ShallowBay »

MurphyZeether wrote:

I don't see how the amount someone posts about being grateful relates to how grateful they actually are. Quite honestly, I find people who never shut up on social media about how #blessed they are tend to actually not appreciate as much.

Fleur has a close family and friend group, and that seems more real than anything much. Youtuber friendships as a whole seem pretty forced in most cases, and I can't blame Fleur from distancing herself from Gleam/Ingreed. Girl has a good moral compass and knows when to bail a sinking ship.

I'm really curious as to how you feel she's overtly uppity and self centered and considers people "beneath her". Which vlogs/videos/tweets suggest that?

noannelle01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by noannelle01 »

MurphyZeether wrote:

Sorry, but I had to comment and disagree with you. From my experience, some people enjoy having a few, very close friends that they know they can count on. Those people can feel pretty quickly if someone will become a nice acquaintance or a new close friend and act accordingly (aka not waste time by trying to be best friends with everyone). I am this way, and it seems that Fleur also is. Another type of person is the "social butterfly" they make friends wherever they go and always seem to know and "love" everyone, but don't care much for very close relationships and deep conversations. My brother's that way, so are Zoey etc (or so it seems). There is not a "better" personality type than the other, just different people who function differently.

Now when you say Zoe expresses how grateful she is at least once a day on social media, to me it sounds like she is anything but genuine! If you truly are super grateful for your loved ones, then maybe you'll express it in public every so often (because the context fits) but mostly you'll tell them/show them how much you love them and are grateful to know them. That's what Fleur seems to be doing.

Honestly, we always see Fleur hanging with her family and non YouTube friends! They have dinner parties, go to the movies etc. In short: try are grown ups.

The gleam team however seems to constantly hang out with each other and milk it as much as they possibly can (twitter, Instagram, snapchat, vlogs,... It's always "advertised" in a way...) and they all act 10 years younger than they are to appeal to their audience... I find it pretty irritating. So I definitely understand why a more mature person such as Fleur would prefer to hang out with true friends and not YouTube friends (aka: work colleagues!).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

snarks
Learner
Learner

Post by snarks »

so, to all of you guys who thought there was something in this - kudos.

saralouxxx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saralouxxx »

Has fleur responded to Ingrids announcement? I have a feel I've missed it

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

She did. At the end of one of her recent vlogs, last week I think. She was still in the UK with Mike so it will be easy for you to find since she travels so much

surprisebitch
Lurker
Lurker

Post by surprisebitch »

Ingrid put up a Snapchat of Fleur's lashes, with the caption "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :love2:".

Dibs
Informer
Informer

Post by Dibs »

Ingrid always talks about Fleur warmly in videos and tweets as if they are still friends but when she would have to make actual minimal real life effort to see her, like when they are in the same city, it doesn't happen. I guess we don't know 100% whose fault it is but I'm guessing Ingrid's.

pretty belle
Informer
Informer

Post by pretty belle »

So they last met in October 2013 when Fleur and Mike were invited for a quick visit to Chris's friend's farewell party ( :? ) (Before that they last met at Fleur's wedding in August 2013 and in April 2013 when Luke and Ingrid broke up). Since then they could have met all these times (I know that Ingrid probably spends more time in NYC nowadays but if she really wanted to see Fleur she just could've flown to LA):

December 2013 (Fleur in LA)
May 2014 (Fleur at BeautyCon NYC -> Ingrid didn't attend that year)
June 2014 (Both at Vidcon/Fleur in LA)
April 2015 (Fleur in LA)
June 2015 (Both in Cannes)
July 2015 (Both at Vidcon/Fleur in LA)
August 2015 (Both in London)

+ maybe more

No one can tell me that these two are still friends. Maybe they're not on bad terms (e.g. still talking about each other casually in videos) but they're definitely not friends anymore. It's still very weird though.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

pretty belle wrote:So they last met in October 2013 when Fleur and Mike were invited for a quick visit to Chris's friend's farewell party ( :? ) (Before that they last met at Fleur's wedding in August 2013 and in April 2013 when Luke and Ingrid broke up). Since then they could have met all these times (I know that Ingrid probably spends more time in NYC nowadays but if she really wanted to see Fleur she just could've flown to LA):

December 2013 (Fleur in LA)
May 2014 (Fleur at BeautyCon NYC -> Ingrid didn't attend that year)
June 2014 (Both at Vidcon/Fleur in LA)
April 2015 (Fleur in LA)
June 2015 (Both in Cannes)
July 2015 (Both at Vidcon/Fleur in LA)
August 2015 (Both in London)

+ maybe more

No one can tell me that these two are still friends. Maybe they're not on bad terms (e.g. still talking about each other casually in videos) but they're definitely not friends anymore. It's still very weird though.
Wow, it's crazy that it's been that long since they've seen each other. It's still odd to me that the two haven't crossed paths even when being in the same area at the same time... we can all guess whose fault that probably is. :roll: I feel bad for Fleur - some friendships will naturally grow apart over time, but even when that's happened with me I'll still make an effort to have coffee or lunch with an old friend if we're both in town.

Post by Guest »

Tanya wore what looked like a snakeskin style dress to the wedding...in a haul at a later date Fleur mentioned she didn't like snakeskin, something about it looking tacky.

Return to “FleurDeForce”