Borella: 280390 Deyes Off part 74

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Borella: 280390 Deyes Off part 74

Post by LaurieLaurie »

She looks incredibly frail. I feel like nobody around her cares enough to notice, the Deyes family only think of themselves.

Girltyler
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Girltyler »

They don’t even seem happy to see each other. She seems annoyed he’s home and then he goes back downstairs to sit alone and talk to his phone. I think the relationship and forcing something that is no longer there is taking a toll on her along with all the scandals and what not that just keeps seeming to add up in the zoella empire. End it now and cut your losses zoe or you’re gonna lose a whole lot more.. like possibly your mind

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

wow. I love betching about Zoe as much as the next person but those photos make me sad. I wish I could go to her house, throw her into the shower, cook her a hearty meal, go get our nails done or something... she needs a real friend :(

ludirudi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ludirudi »

lurkerxx wrote:I actually really like Angelika Oles, lmao. And this video is on point. This whole book is junk. It is so much worse than I had predicted. Everything Angelika said was so true. NO, SIS! :rofl:
I cracked up a few times during the video. On the chalkboard: "Step 1 is deciding what you want to write, and Step 2 is using your chalk pen, write it." I can't. Seriously. Is this book aimed at 6-year-old kids? Please HelP mE UndErstAnD WHY, WHY she thought this was a good idea. How can people who work with her SUPPORT this!

Whoa. That video is AMAZING.

The book is actually worse than I thought and I had super low expectations. :rofl:

vhogwarsh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vhogwarsh »

verrry long time lurker and first time poster. i have been watching zoe from the start and following zoella's gg thread for like a year and a half now and honestly i felt the need to finally post. i like talking trash as much as the next person, and honestly a lot of the stuff you guys post makes me laugh out loud, but recently i am genuinely worried about her. she does not seem well. what is with the complete and utter social media blackout? it just seems bizarre. and what is with not spending time with the deyes family? :? i thought this whole re-brand thing would be good for her, and maybe she'd finally get rid of froggie, but it just seems like she's lost.

hellohello90
Learner
Learner

Post by hellohello90 »

anonymous123 wrote:wow. I love betching about Zoe as much as the next person but those photos make me sad. I wish I could go to her house, throw her into the shower, cook her a hearty meal, go get our nails done or something... she needs a real friend :(
I know right? I was about to post something but I’m genuinely worried about her. The thing is, another week or two will go by and she’ll upload another vlog and then it’ll be Christmas and everything will go back to normal until she disappears again for New Years. I honestly would love for her to come clean on social media, have a real ass friend who calls her out on her bullshit and start working on something she is actually passionate about.

The thing is.. she might be going through an identity crisis, considering she’s been acting 16 up until now. The popularity fall has been very rough and abrupt so she doesn’t even know what to do with herself anymore. Two years ago everyone would’ve been going crazy for her book...today, people (even teenagers) are questioning her and making fun of how basic the whole thing is! Life must’ve been sooo easy for her back when she could slap her name on anything and get praised... too bad she had to learn that lesson at 28 though, it must really sting

1980shairscrunchie
Debater
Debater

Post by 1980shairscrunchie »

Apple In My Pie wrote:I read some of the excerpts from the book on Tattle last night and... I don’t understand what that book is even trying to be? :s The ‘tips’ and some of the recipes are so bloody obvious it’s patronising - comes across to me like a ‘best Sleepover ever!’ DIY book for tweens, yet she’s trying to say this is marketed toward adults and meant to be part of her rebranding to SuperMature BossLady Zoella? Baffling. Adults won’t pick it up, because it still looks sparkly and all she’s known for is teenybop vlogging so they won’t take it seriously. Kids wouldn’t pick it up because kids won’t be party planning any time soon. Her fans will probably pick it up because it has her face on and it’s like some sort of ‘how to be Zoe’ bible... but it’s not as if they’d get any use out of it either... why would they when all the recipes and ideas she printed are plagiarised from Pinterest?!
It’s kind of hard to not have similar recipes for food when the food is so basic. Even Julia Chilf lifted recipes but she at least improved them :?

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

It just seems like she's having an existential crisis. She's not really got anything rolling for her 'work' wise and her book was a flop. She's got no real close friends, and she's got no prospect of a marriage or kids on the horizon which is what she really wants.

Like honestly, it seems like she's just hanging by a thread hoping Alfie will make a commitment or get her pregnant because there's nothing left for her. It is just really sad. And the situation is tricky because if she were to break up with frog, she'd have to meet someone new, actually find someone she'd want to date, date this person, eventually move in/have kids/whatnot but this for most people takes 2-5 years.

Honestly, I hope the obvious tension between her and Alfie is about commitment/settling down and they both make a decision. As much as I love to shit on her for all the shady things she does and missed opportunities, I think it is just heart breaking not being able to have the kind of a relationship you want/life milestones you're missing out on - if that makes sense.

I mean the longer they stay together although ultimately they have different life goals/aspirations, the harder it will be for either to 'restart' their life after.

On a side note - if she really in bed with lipstick and foundation????? Take a shower and eat a stew. She needs it.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

I agree. Something is definitely up with her health. Why doesn't anyone help her? where is her own family?where are the deyes?
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

rf194
Learner
Learner

Post by rf194 »

moonlightpixie wrote:I agree. Something is definitely up with her health. Why doesn't anyone help her? where is her own family?where are the deyes?
My theory is that friends have tried to help her. But since she is constantly surrounded by yes-men, as soon as there is criticism she cuts them out and calls them toxic. She thinks she's fine because she has a house, a boyfriend, a Narla, a business - which in her mind, obviously makes her a functioning adult.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

rf194 wrote:
moonlightpixie wrote:I agree. Something is definitely up with her health. Why doesn't anyone help her? where is her own family?where are the deyes?
My theory is that friends have tried to help her. But since she is constantly surrounded by yes-men, as soon as there is criticism she cuts them out and calls them toxic. She thinks she's fine because she has a house, a boyfriend, a Narla, a business - which in her mind, obviously makes her a functioning adult.

Now that Im thinking of it i think you're right
Maybe her family tried to help her in the past as well as the Deyes but they've seen that she won't listen to them and won't get help so they've given up trying to ''fix'' her. Some months ago I watched a documentary about mental illnesses and the therapists were saying that having an online therapist is BS and that if you want to see results then you'd need to be face to face with a therapist,to TRAVEL to them.Doesn't zoe have an online therapists?Most of those online therapists aren't even real therapists or licenced as therapists.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

She's definitely wasting the resources she has available to herself to try and fix the situation. I mean you can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves.

I do think a lot of her misery is down to the Deyes being her only close companions and if if she were to break up with Alfie I'm sure she would see them less.

She would probably be better off moving back to her hometown, be near her mum (and dad?) - find a man who motivates her to be healthier, cook, be out doors in the countryside, that sort of thing. And I'm sure living somewhere rural she wouldn't get 'mobbed' by what's left of her fans.

We've discussed it so many times before, she's got all the means in the world to have a better life but she's just a potato on the couch. But surely she can't foresee this as her future for another ten years?

rf194
Learner
Learner

Post by rf194 »

saurusofha wrote:She would probably be better off moving back to her hometown, be near her mum (and dad?) - find a man who motivates her to be healthier, cook, be out doors in the countryside, that sort of thing. And I'm sure living somewhere rural she wouldn't get 'mobbed' by what's left of her fans.
This actually sounds like such a good idea for her. Find an older man (or at least her own age) who is ready to settle, get engaged, have babies - someone who ACTS like a 28+ year old. Alfie being younger and immature encourages her to act the same, I'm 24 and it blows my mind that she is 4 years my senior, if I met her without knowing who she is, I would think she was about 19.

I also think she romanticises the idea of Brighton but in reality, her heart is in Wiltshire and always will be. She needs to move back and see her school friends more who have husbands and babies - like normal 28 year olds. She's stuck in the YouTube bubble and riding the coattails of her 2013 career.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

rf194 wrote:
saurusofha wrote:She would probably be better off moving back to her hometown, be near her mum (and dad?) - find a man who motivates her to be healthier, cook, be out doors in the countryside, that sort of thing. And I'm sure living somewhere rural she wouldn't get 'mobbed' by what's left of her fans.
This actually sounds like such a good idea for her. Find an older man (or at least her own age) who is ready to settle, get engaged, have babies - someone who ACTS like a 28+ year old. Alfie being younger and immature encourages her to act the same, I'm 24 and it blows my mind that she is 4 years my senior, if I met her without knowing who she is, I would think she was about 19.

I also think she romanticises the idea of Brighton but in reality, her heart is in Wiltshire and always will be. She needs to move back and see her school friends more who have husbands and babies - like normal 28 year olds. She's stuck in the YouTube bubble and riding the coattails of her 2013 career.
Yes! And she'd be better off with someone who's not a part of the YT scene. Bring her back to reality a bit.

Post by Guest »

I find it difficult to feel sorry for her sometimes tbh, even if she is stuck in a loveless relationship going nowhere. I know it's easier said than done but she must've realised a while back that Alfie is showing little interest in really committing to her. She could've left ages ago, it's not as if she depends on him financially. However, I understand it's easier to stay in your comfort zone.
It still rankles with me how she took advantage of her fans and their families over the years with the scandals, etc. I really don't think she gave two shits about anyone but herself and all the money coming in.
It's been mentioned before but Joe has the same skinny legs like she does and sometimes has that gaunt look. I agree she's looking more frail than usual, though; I assume all this backlash from youtubers and fans alike is getting to her, of course it would. I wouldn't know how to deal with all that. Hopefully this hosting book is the last of the 'milking it while I can' products. It is laughable to see so many recipes and crafting ideas when it's well-known she doesn't cook or make stuff from scrtach... and the amount of times she says she loves going outside :? She and her team must think we're stupid.
We don't know what her relationship is really like with her mum but I'd be surprised if she hasn't dropped a few hints about keeping a healthy lifestyle as Tracy seems to keep herself in good shape. Surely you'd want to help your daughter, even if it means just giving her a few simple but healthy recipes (this applies to her dad too), I just don't get it... Or maybe they're worried about being estranged from her for telling a few home truths.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Her mum is around occasionally, for a time I sensed some sort of feud between them. I often wondered if she wasn’t a doting mum but more of a selfish one, maybe she wouldn’t notice Zoe being frail as she doesn’t look so good herself. She gives me “Oh darling you’ve gained 1lb vibes.” Her dad appeared to be the one at the heart of their bond cooking them hearty meals.

GGnewbieQA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GGnewbieQA »

I dont know why but I get the feeling that Alfie has or will ask her to make a choice either him or Mark. I used to watch her vlogs before Mark came on the scene and it seems as though Mark is now in every vlog and Alfie is just in the background as the 'boyfriend'. If she got back to her roots of tutorials or make up storage she could increase her viewer and subscriber count (thats how I found her channel in the first place).

madcat55
Learner
Learner

Post by madcat55 »

I'm so confused -- how did the sh*t Zoe wrote for Cordially Invited even get past an editor??!? All I've read so far is the short introduction page and it's completely riddled with grammar mistakes and completely trash writing! Just one of the plethora of grammar mistakes in the introduction: "Whether you’re creative like my mum and I, or you struggle to draw a stick man..." It's my mum and ME, not my mum and I! This is basic grammar! They teach this stuff in elementary school! I'm not surprised that Zoe has the writing skills of a 5th grader but for goodness' sake why didn't the professional editor catch this stuff?!? What the hell was the editor doing? If this is what Zoe's writing looks like after going through numerous edits by a professional editor, I shudder to think what her original draft must've been like. Zoe's writing is complete sh*t; I actually might've been happier if she had had Cordially Invited ghostwritten again because then at least she wouldn't be selling a completely sh*tty product. I genuinely can't believe someone published this sh*t in an actual book.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

GGnewbieQA wrote:I dont know why but I get the feeling that Alfie has or will ask her to make a choice either him or Mark. I used to watch her vlogs before Mark came on the scene and it seems as though Mark is now in every vlog and Alfie is just in the background as the 'boyfriend'. If she got back to her roots of tutorials or make up storage she could increase her viewer and subscriber count (thats how I found her channel in the first place).
On the flip side Mark keeps her busy and leaves Alfie free to do as he pleases.

jamieschmidt
Informer
Informer

Post by jamieschmidt »

Tulips wrote:I find it difficult to feel sorry for her sometimes tbh, even if she is stuck in a loveless relationship going nowhere. I know it's easier said than done but she must've realised a while back that Alfie is showing little interest in really committing to her. She could've left ages ago, it's not as if she depends on him financially. However, I understand it's easier to stay in your comfort zone.
It still rankles with me how she took advantage of her fans and their families over the years with the scandals, etc. I really don't think she gave two shits about anyone but herself and all the money coming in.
It's been mentioned before but Joe has the same skinny legs like she does and sometimes has that gaunt look. I agree she's looking more frail than usual, though; I assume all this backlash from youtubers and fans alike is getting to her, of course it would. I wouldn't know how to deal with all that. Hopefully this hosting book is the last of the 'milking it while I can' products. It is laughable to see so many recipes and crafting ideas when it's well-known she doesn't cook or make stuff from scrtach... and the amount of times she says she loves going outside :? She and her team must think we're stupid.
We don't know what her relationship is really like with her mum but I'd be surprised if she hasn't dropped a few hints about keeping a healthy lifestyle as Tracy seems to keep herself in good shape. Surely you'd want to help your daughter, even if it means just giving her a few simple but healthy recipes (this applies to her dad too), I just don't get it... Or maybe they're worried about being estranged from her for telling a few home truths.
I agree! I do not feel sorry for her at all. She is manipulative and downright greedy. She just slaps her name on a product and makes money. She does not give two shits about her "fans". All she cares about is herself. She's going to end up a lonely old crow wasting away in her empty mansion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Return to “Zoella”