Zalfie’s furniture. £280390 spent on overpriced tat

the_nomad
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zalfie’s furniture. £280390 spent on overpriced tat

Post by the_nomad »

amity wrote:I feel like she is always trying to improve her life through purchasing stuff. She imagined the type of lifestyle she could have in the new house, so bought everything she could do it with. She set up the big kitchen because she probably excused herself not cooking because of the small kitchen in the other house. She imagined hosting christmas and events so she made sure there were plenty of entertaining areas. She imagined having kids in the near future and probably thought Alfie might cave sooner if they had a house with more room. She imagined being the pinterest mum, so she put in the dog washing house, big backyard, breakfast bench.

It just seems to me that she is trying to use her money to build the perfect life, but it isn't working. She keeps living in the future, never appreciating the present. She should take time to enjoy this time in her life when she doesn't have the responsibility associated with kids, where she and Alfie can go out on dates all the time, when she can travel without having to stress too much. I actually find it kinda sad.
Honestly, you should be Zoe's therapist because you hit all of her issues right on the head. She focuses on how she can fix her life through materialistic possessions but not really enjoying living in the moment. Even when she does go away it's all for instagram, like her NY birthday trip. Having financial stability is great but the way she lives her life is so incredibly depressing. And it boggles my mind how much she throws away money on basic furniture and kitchenware that she can get for a fraction of the price and still have the same functionality.

The worst part is she hardly uses any of these things apart from the sofa, bed, and her bathtub. Everything in her kitchen is pretty much going to waste for example.

bitchscorpio
Learner
Learner

Post by bitchscorpio »

I love Fornasetti, so naturally am so jealous of this 161£ scented candle...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
English is not my first language.

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

Why buy a boiling water tap...I mean....it seems kind of pointless when they have a kettle but meh. What do I know.

lolcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolcakes »

i was watching her newest vlog (well skipping through mostly) but saw this bed frame. does anyone know where it’s from? (i know it’s a stretch since it’s a bit basic, but i really love the color) Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

lolcakes wrote:i was watching her newest vlog (well skipping through mostly) but saw this bed frame. does anyone know where it’s from? (i know it’s a stretch since it’s a bit basic, but i really love the color) Image

Isn't that Alfie's old bedroom suite from when he lived on his own?

OlyaL
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by OlyaL »

lolcakes wrote:i was watching her newest vlog (well skipping through mostly) but saw this bed frame. does anyone know where it’s from? (i know it’s a stretch since it’s a bit basic, but i really love the color) [img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 2192cc.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180718</span><span>/</span><span>b0027567826c8aed76aaf2175e2192cc</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
hey, it is from MADE as well as her bedside tables, but i'm not sure about the colour
https://www.made.com/fonteyn-kingsize-bed-oak

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by I_only_envy_cats »

Thanks to Zoe, I'm now aware of the existence of boiling taps. There's a whole new-money world to discover, my little I_only_envy_cats.

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

I bet these shops love it when Zoe walks in. Nothing better than a dim, rich mug. They could hand her a balled up elastic band and be all Hey Zoe this is a hand crafted one of a kind bespoke piece of art it’s £700 and she’d probably lap it up.

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

And how lazy is that? Boiling water is not even this huge time-consuming task. It's like they're so busy every second of their time is valuable, except it's fucking not!

amity
Talker
Talker

Post by amity »

tbh boiling water taps are great at certain times. Very useful for offices, staff rooms etc where people are constantly making tea, or using it for noodles/soups. But I see no reason to have it in your home?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Tanya and Jim have one of these boiling taps as well. :roll:

Slackerbitch
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Slackerbitch »

boiling taps- because kettles are for peasants

jmo765
Learner
Learner

Post by jmo765 »

bitchscorpio wrote:I love Fornasetti, so naturally am so jealous of this 161£ scented candle...
Ah I did wonder where these beautiful candles were from! They have another one too, on a shelf in their kitchen. The prices are insane :fit:

jmo765
Learner
Learner

Post by jmo765 »

Living room day bed. £1,100 or $1,444
https://www.nomadthestore.co.uk/collect ... gs-phantom

Teppanyaki grills - which they used only once (as pancake/crepe makers) for a challenge video. £31 or $40 each
https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com/ki ... gKXfPD_BwE

lunarspaceprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by lunarspaceprincess »

Im surprised they didn't move to LA tbh

jmo765
Learner
Learner

Post by jmo765 »

Sun loungers. £245 or $321 each

Cool box. £47 or $61

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

Can't believe they have that food disposal thing in their sink. I've actually never seen one in the UK (apologies if some of you have them). We just usually all have bins.

Correct me if I'm wrong though! I am just very surprised. ... Well I shouldn't be considering these guys spend money on everything!

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

Food disposals are very popular in the US. Seeing as Alfie and Zoe are obsessed with the States it is only natural they have one.

Slackerbitch
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Slackerbitch »

All this money spent on ugly furniture and none to get an air con to deal with the heat?

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Slackerbitch wrote:All this money spent on ugly furniture and none to get an air con to deal with the heat?
Honestly I'm glad they didn't. Those two are so wasteful that they would end up leaving them on all summer long, even when it's unnecessary. And since she's obsessed with Christmas she would probably turn it to the max like some others cozy-obsessed youtubers are doing, just so she can sit on a blanket wearing socks and sipping hot cocoa.

Return to “Zoella”