Hostella - 280390 Stolen Pinterest Ideas (Part 67)

JCAH2013
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hostella - 280390 Stolen Pinterest Ideas (Part 67)

Post by JCAH2013 »

Oheeeeey wrote:
HaleyBoBailey wrote:Someone please tell me these are armpit wrinkles. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People are calling her out for this being an older photo, because:

1. She’s not that tan atm, and
2. Her hair was longer hence it getting stuck under her armpit

Not sure why she’d lie and say Alfie found her like this last night in the caption?? I suppose lying comes naturally to her.

In her vlog after she had her hair done Alfie said he’d booked in for a spray tan this week and her and poppy whined he hadn’t booked them one. So they probably tagged along.

Princess Consuela
Learner
Learner

Post by Princess Consuela »

ders wrote:I just had her favorites video on in the background and she says a water bottle is made of “ALUMINIUM”.... !!!!!! Ah-loo-min-ee-um?!?! What?! Please tell me this is a British thing and she’s not that dumb (but this is the girl who says “orientated” instead of oriented). That is something a 3rd grader would say in the US.

Not to mention- THE BOTTLE IS MADE OF STAINLESS STEEL. I’ve never even heard of an aluminum water bottle. Maybe if you got the cheapest S’well bottle knock off available. I can’t believe I trusted this girl’s opinion when I was a teenager.

Also, is her book really going to be £20?! I don’t think I’ve ever owned such an expensive book in my life.
Yeah, Aluminium and orientated are pronounced correctly. She might be an awful writer but I don't think she is that stupid. I'm pretty sure it's only the USA and Canada that pronounce it a-lu-min-um and oreinted.
I'm not from the UK but I'm from New Zealand and our english is much closer to British english than American english.

HaleyBoBailey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HaleyBoBailey »

AmenAmen91 wrote:So Holly is their office manager.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Are you for real??

baremanila
Learner
Learner

Post by baremanila »

mg95 wrote:
ittybittykitty wrote:I don't blame anyone for struggling with their parent's divorce, that shit must be hard. Especially if you're older, and Zoe and Joe were both teenagers right? Their entire lives were just ripped apart in an instant. I think it's much better to separate when the kids are young and can adjust more easily. But maybe they were really happy most of the time and shit only hit the fan when the kids were older. I certainly hope they didn't "stick it out for the kids" like so many people do, that's never a good idea :/

That being said, has her father even visited the new house? Her mom has been there a few times since they moved in and helped her out with things, but I don't think her dad has even visited once? She's so family oriented, she loves hosting people at her place, she loves spoiling the people in her life and yet.. the whole thing just seems so empty. Her parents are distant at best. It's sad :|
from what I can tell no he hasn't visited. another thing to note is that during the divorce joe was travelling abroad for 3 months and he came back to find out about the separation. so presumably zoe went through the messiest part on her own.
Does anyone else think it's really weird he hasn't visited yet...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Jasmine S wrote:
LaurieLaurie wrote:Since Holly has the manager role in the office I’m wondering how long it will take Poppy to whine for a job there.

Alfie only has time to work there until lunchtime (WTF?) Do we think Zoe will follow suit? I actually think she would be able to work a full day if she had no distractions from him and the dog.
Doing what, exactly? I actually don’t think they have enough work to fill up anything close to 40 hours in a week.
I have no idea. Now I think about it I don’t actually know what they do.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

HaleyBoBailey wrote:
AmenAmen91 wrote:So Holly is their office manager.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Are you for real??

Yep. Alfie talks about it in his latest vlog - Why I left my you tube management.

GothMoth
Informer
Informer

Post by GothMoth »

Yea I didnt think this book would be anything other than parties/decor for children. I would never have a bday party that looked like that. Theres no personality in it whatsoever.. which is quite fitting since Zoe is so painstakingly bland.

Idk if Soppy will get jobs with the new business but I reckon they’ll start using the space a lot. Or ‘visit’ often.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

There's so many examples of Zoe being a bad host. One of the worst for me was a few years back, Louis Cole vlogged a time when him, Steve and (I think) Ben Brown were only in Brighton for one night before going somewhere else. They stayed at Zoe and Alfie's, can't remember if it was the flat or the house. They had takeaway, big surprise, and then Zoe suggested they watch a horror film. Louis and Steve were saying they don't like horror films, and Zoe was really insistent. The two guys were laughing nervously, and joking about how the film was going to pollute their minds.

1.) WHY put on a film when you only have one night with your guests! Chat, play games, make some memories.
2.) If someone says they don't want to watch a scary film because it makes them uncomfortable, suggest something else.

I could not believe it. She put them in a difficult position, they're guests who were politely saying they didn't like horror films, and it's being pushed on them by the host so they have to watch it. Zoe is a terrible host, I can't imagine anyone else insisting their guests do something they don't want to, just because it suits them. Every time she pushes one of her childhood films on Mark I can almost hear him thinking "seriously? Can we not just chat?" He always leaves before the film finishes.

Kiem
Debater
Debater

Post by Kiem »

miranda5 wrote:Zoe built up such a pathetic character over the past few years that no trip,no pretend to be working hard, or haircut will be able to save her. She doesnt have any talents or skills, she is not interesting enough. This whole "new year, new me" seems so forced. It´s like her management made a list with items like haircut, travel more, and now they are checking it off the list.
They do have a list with items that are being checked off.
They also have an agenda of "revamping" everyone's image... have you seen Niomi's new video? She's also in the process of re-marketing herself and hiring help to do the filming/editing for her pretty much like Zoe and Alfie.

Let's be real, this whole revamping image shite wasn't Zoe's or Niomi's idea... it was obviously Gleam's idea, they know they're losing their money-making power, just look at their socialblades, most of their "talent" are bleeding subscribers/views.
Worst of all, they're losing public faith... their events and products always seem to come with more than their fair share of controversy and backlash and maybe their minions are dumb enough to fall for their excuses once but every single time? Don't think so... which is why they're losing subs/views.

I know one thing for sure, there's "talent" they won't be able to salvage no matter how big a revamp they attempt - Marcus for example, he's on the steady decline and his jerk attitude will undo whatever they do. Jim Chapman and Tanya Burr are also bleeding subs and views. Alfie's channels are also bleeding subs & views. Niomi gains and loses subs and views, no steady gain.

Bottom line is Gleam's golden age is almost over, their one last cash cow (Zoe) is always messing up everything she does and touches with a ton of controversy and backlash, they're doing the last ditch attempt to salvage it all but seems to me their time is up.

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_24689 »

^ I thought Zalfie left Gleam?
i talk too much, sry

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

xoxo_24689 wrote:^ I thought Zalfie left Gleam?
Alfie has, but Zoe hasn't yet. Maybe she is waiting for her contract to end, since they started A to Z Talent or something.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Zoe doesn't know how to host a proper party for people age 12 and up, she's stagnant. Alfie's family puts up with her immaturity because their son / brother has to remain relevant somehow.

delightfulwings
Learner
Learner

Post by delightfulwings »

GetRichFromLies wrote:There's so many examples of Zoe being a bad host. One of the worst for me was a few years back, Louis Cole vlogged a time when him, Steve and (I think) Ben Brown were only in Brighton for one night before going somewhere else. They stayed at Zoe and Alfie's, can't remember if it was the flat or the house. They had takeaway, big surprise, and then Zoe suggested they watch a horror film. Louis and Steve were saying they don't like horror films, and Zoe was really insistent. The two guys were laughing nervously, and joking about how the film was going to pollute their minds.

1.) WHY put on a film when you only have one night with your guests! Chat, play games, make some memories.
2.) If someone says they don't want to watch a scary film because it makes them uncomfortable, suggest something else.

I could not believe it. She put them in a difficult position, they're guests who were politely saying they didn't like horror films, and it's being pushed on them by the host so they have to watch it. Zoe is a terrible host, I can't imagine anyone else insisting their guests do something they don't want to, just because it suits them. Every time she pushes one of her childhood films on Mark I can almost hear him thinking "seriously? Can we not just chat?" He always leaves before the film finishes.
I've seen that happen too many times, when Zoe puts a movie and the guests always go home before the movie finishes. I remember like 8 months ago (I think) that Marcus and his girlfriend visited the new house and Zoe made them watch, again, a horror movie, and they left before the movie finished, I think I saw that in some Alfie vlog, and when they were being filmed, to me, they seemed uncomfortable, and that happened a little time ago with Tanya and Jim as well.
♡ English is not my first language.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

They must be off to New York within the next week.

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

GothMoth wrote:Yea I didnt think this book would be anything other than parties/decor for children. I would never have a bday party that looked like that. Theres no personality in it whatsoever.. which is quite fitting since Zoe is so painstakingly bland.

Idk if Soppy will get jobs with the new business but I reckon they’ll start using the space a lot. Or ‘visit’ often.
Poppy and job is like oil and water! She'll just be over to ~*~~leach~~*~and <<====use====>> whatever she can get her hands on.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Asor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Asor »

Why isn’t Poppy taking the photos for the book?
That's maybe the only thing she does well. (I know she has the right equipment to take decent photos but she also has a good eye)
Also, they now have a photo studio in their new office but take photos against a white background at her house. I get that all the team is at her house for the shoot so it makes sense to take all the photos there and then. That office studio is pointless a week on!

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

Poppy doesn't have a good eye. This is the main photo from her latest post. Just looks like every other beauty vlogger who did a weekend photography course. I don't think her advertisers would be happy that the products aren't clear.

fatdan113
Informer
Informer

Post by fatdan113 »

Comolemntfou wrote:Poppy doesn't have a good eye. This is the main photo from her latest post. Just looks like every other beauty vlogger who did a weekend photography course. I don't think her advertisers would be happy that the products aren't clear.

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 62908e.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180315</span><span>/</span><span>16ad8e6a1311444da5bf99ae3c62908e</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Her spelling and grammar is much worse ! - here's a sample of the first paragraph :rofl:

Bit of a strange one this, but I’ve been having a lot of thoughts about clothes//style and fashhhhunnn recently and although I definitely don’t see myself as having any of the above, well, clothes I do have, thank god, but as for style and fashion… ya know, I’m v relaxed. I just wear what I wanna wear when I wanna wear it, be it joggers and a jumper, an oversized jumper dress, or a jumpsuit to the supermarket …

Pixiemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by Pixiemoon »

New here - gonna skip the standard intro :)

I'm fascinated by the Zalfie relationship. It's the only reason I can't stop watching. Some days I think it's all business, other days I think they really love each other...today I think they did but they've got to the married couple 'retirement' stage about 40 years early. So many couples have their own interests, their own friends, their own active social lives as well as the stuff they do together - Zalfie either seem completely detached and totally codependent depending on the occasion. Lots of couples also have a problem when they retire as they suddenly live in each others pockets with nothing to talk about, realise they no longer have any common interests - feel like Zalfie skipped all the hard work/interesting life part and have ended up there already.

So curious as to whether they will ever get married and have children. Sad, I know - I shouldn't care really!

sarwah17
Talker
Talker

Post by sarwah17 »

delightfulwings wrote:
GetRichFromLies wrote:There's so many examples of Zoe being a bad host. One of the worst for me was a few years back, Louis Cole vlogged a time when him, Steve and (I think) Ben Brown were only in Brighton for one night before going somewhere else. They stayed at Zoe and Alfie's, can't remember if it was the flat or the house. They had takeaway, big surprise, and then Zoe suggested they watch a horror film. Louis and Steve were saying they don't like horror films, and Zoe was really insistent. The two guys were laughing nervously, and joking about how the film was going to pollute their minds.

I've seen that happen too many times, when Zoe puts a movie and the guests always go home before the movie finishes. I remember like 8 months ago (I think) that Marcus and his girlfriend visited the new house and Zoe made them watch, again, a horror movie, and they left before the movie finished, I think I saw that in some Alfie vlog, and when they were being filmed, to me, they seemed uncomfortable, and that happened a little time ago with Tanya and Jim as well.
either that or she falls asleep :roll:

Return to “Zoella”