Thank you for visiting us!
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Re: Errors and Issues - UPDATE

Post by bipolarmorgan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm

jessica3llen wrote:
bipolarmorgan wrote:
Moonpie wrote:Things are not stable. The pages are bouncing all over the place due to ads. I can't read the forums or type a message because of the bouncing.
I'm not experiencing this, so if you can explain differently, or give me a picture or video the example, that'd be great. You clearly can read and type a message, so you are being a bit dramatic.... FYI. If you tell me which ad is the problem (I only know this from the other thread you are describing only a coffee ad - that doesn't help) ..... then I could help... but if you don't give me enough information, I can't help.

I haven't seen more than 2 people say anything about some weird scrolling or bouncing issue... I don't understand what you are describing as you are the only people experiencing this, maybe you have a virus on your computer???
It happens to me when I access the site using my mobile as opposed to desk top. It is annoying. It is like the page keeps moving... If you scroll down it scrolls back up.

Still having to refresh everytime I open a thread or anything. And keep getting logged out even though I pick keep me logged in everytime
This sounds like a different problem, more like cookies need to be cleared, otherwise it would keep you logged in. Or you aren't saving cookies and that's why it's logging you out.

As for refreshing, I'm still investigating several different areas which may cause that problem.....

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:25 am

I'm also experiencing being logged out after logging in when I go on certain forums.

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Moonpie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:28 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:
Moonpie wrote:Just to let you know, I have figured out the problem that I am having. Other people are still having other problems with this site.

My problem was from the ads.

I was using Edge Windows 10 which has no ad blocker. I downloaded Google Chrome, then got Adblock Plus and my problem is solved.
It wouldn't matter what browser you are using, if we have ads that are causing problems, I would like to resolve it. Blocking them doesn't solve the problem. As I explained, I need more information than you are currently providing to resolve the issue.
Here is a perfect example!

Yes, it did matter which browser I was using like I've said. The problem WAS the ads!
There ARE video ads running!

As soon as I began using Google Chrome and Adblock Plus, my problem was solved! whether yoou think so or not! :roll:

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Moonpie » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:22 am

another problem......when I post a message and go back to the forum to read it, I can't see it there.

If I go to "view your posts" I can see my post.

People on the forum I visit are also reporting being logged out, not being able to edit posts and when they post a message a double post occurs.

This site is just rife with problems

LittleWhiteRose
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleWhiteRose » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:04 am

I just signed up today(but have been a lurker for a while) and cannot upload an avatar. Is it an issue with the website or my computer?

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:36 pm

LittleWhiteRose wrote:I just signed up today(but have been a lurker for a while) and cannot upload an avatar. Is it an issue with the website or my computer?
You don't have enough posts to use an avatar yet... post more.

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Moonpie wrote:another problem......when I post a message and go back to the forum to read it, I can't see it there.

People on the forum I visit are also reporting being logged out, not being able to edit posts and when they post a message a double post occurs.

amuto_lover wrote:I'm also experiencing being logged out after logging in when I go on certain forums.
Which forum do you visit where there are users getting logged out?

I don't understand how that could happen based on the forum being read... I'm hearing multiple weird issues that may not be site related, they could be computer related or simply a lack of listening to my prior advice.

LivingActiveLondon
Talker
Talker

Post by LivingActiveLondon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:47 am

Hi there,

I am not able to PM at the moment ... all messages get stuck in my Outbox!

Please can you assist.

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:24 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:I don't understand how that could happen based on the forum being read... I'm hearing multiple weird issues that may not be site related, they could be computer related or simply a lack of listening to my prior advice.
I always take all of your advice and it definitely has nothing to do with my computer. Because if it was an issue like you said... then every single website that I check "keep me logged in" would be logging me out. But the only site that does it is GuruGossip.....

LittleWhiteRose
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleWhiteRose » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:03 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:
LittleWhiteRose wrote:I just signed up today(but have been a lurker for a while) and cannot upload an avatar. Is it an issue with the website or my computer?
You don't have enough posts to use an avatar yet... post more.
Thanks :tu: I didn't know you had to have a certain amount of posts to get an avatar.

saskaya
Learner
Learner

Post by saskaya » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:44 am

jessica3llen wrote:
bipolarmorgan wrote:I don't understand how that could happen based on the forum being read... I'm hearing multiple weird issues that may not be site related, they could be computer related or simply a lack of listening to my prior advice.
I always take all of your advice and it definitely has nothing to do with my computer. Because if it was an issue like you said... then every single website that I check "keep me logged in" would be logging me out. But the only site that does it is GuruGossip.....
This might be wrong but could you try clearing your internet cache?

I had a similar problem on this site, where I kept finding myself logged out even after checking the little box to leave me logged in.
I cleared my cache and cookies and had to re-log back in, but since then I've had no problems!

I'm not sure though if you use a tablet/mobile phone or a desktop/laptop computer though.

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Moonpie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 pm

bipolarmorgan wrote:
Moonpie wrote:another problem......when I post a message and go back to the forum to read it, I can't see it there.

amuto_lover wrote:I'm also experiencing being logged out after logging in when I go on certain forums.

I don't understand how that could happen based on the forum being read... I'm hearing multiple weird issues that may not be site related, they could be computer related or simply a lack of listening to my prior advice.
I frequent the Lisalisad1 forum. If you read there, you will see that the users are having a myriad of problems using this site.

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:39 pm

LivingActiveLondon wrote:Hi there,

Please can you assist.
That is not an issue, that is proper behavior, they sit in the outbox until they are read by the recipient.

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

saskaya wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:
This might be wrong but could you try clearing your internet cache?

I had a similar problem on this site, where I kept finding myself logged out even after checking the little box to leave me logged in.
I cleared my cache and cookies and had to re-log back in, but since then I've had no problems!

I'm not sure though if you use a tablet/mobile phone or a desktop/laptop computer though.
I use a desktop mostly, sometimes mobile... I will try it. But i have done this a few times to no avail :?

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

jessica3llen wrote:
If you have already cleared your cookies and cache, then there is some sort of issue with your browser saving the cookie. The "Stay logged in" feature works through cookies. If the site can set the cookie and your computer/device retains it, then you will not be logged off. Some browsers have the setting that allows cookies to be removed when leaving the site, to save space, I would check for that setting and any third party applications that may have the same behavior.

If that doesn't work for you... the system that is working for over 90% of the users currently, so clearly there is something different about your scenario that I'm not seeing....

Don't give up, we can figure this out....

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Moonpie wrote:
bipolarmorgan wrote:

I frequent the Lisalisad1 forum. If you read there, you will see that the users are having a myriad of problems using this site.
The one thing I've done with that information is re synchronize that forum to see if there is a glitch there... but otherwise, don't give up hope, we can figure this out...

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Moonpie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Tonight everything is running very slowly. When I tried to go to the next page to read my favorite forum, I sat there for 5 minutes and then I got this:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Moonpie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Every day it's a different problem

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:29 pm

I do see your point, and I do believe the real relief from many of these issues will be when we move over to multiple servers on a different host that can handle all the traffic we appear to be receiving. Because, as you can likely attest, there are times when the site works fine and other times when it acts up and gives multiple different errors..... I also can agree that it is frustrating, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Albeit slow progress, we are making several changes to allow for better performance.

LivingActiveLondon
Talker
Talker

Post by LivingActiveLondon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:05 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:
LivingActiveLondon wrote:Hi there,

Please can you assist.
That is not an issue, that is proper behavior, they sit in the outbox until they are read by the recipient.
Oh great thank you!:)

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:
jessica3llen wrote:
If you have already cleared your cookies and cache, then there is some sort of issue with your browser saving the cookie. The "Stay logged in" feature works through cookies. If the site can set the cookie and your computer/device retains it, then you will not be logged off. Some browsers have the setting that allows cookies to be removed when leaving the site, to save space, I would check for that setting and any third party applications that may have the same behavior.

If that doesn't work for you... the system that is working for over 90% of the users currently, so clearly there is something different about your scenario that I'm not seeing....

First, I don't think it works for 90% of users, I see people post all the time how they constantly get logged off. Secondly, now when I click "View My Posts" it is logging me out! Could you please explain to me why GuruGossip would be the only website that doesn't stay logged in for me? If my browser removed the cookies to save space as you say... then it would do that for other websites I frequent. But it doesn't do that. The only website I ever have issues is with GuruGossip....

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 pm

jessica3llen wrote:
bipolarmorgan wrote:

First, I don't think it works for 90% of users, I see people post all the time how they constantly get logged off. Secondly, now when I click "View My Posts" it is logging me out! Could you please explain to me why GuruGossip would be the only website that doesn't stay logged in for me? If my browser removed the cookies to save space as you say... then it would do that for other websites I frequent. But it doesn't do that. The only website I ever have issues is with GuruGossip....
10% of the users of this board = 5200 people ... just saying. It could look like a lot of people having the issues, when in reality in comparison to the whole membership, it's a very small percentage.

Secondly, there is no coding or reason other than a cookie problem that could "log you out" when you click "view my posts" ... This could be your web browser - try a different one, see if you get the same results. This could be a third party app - like CCCleaner or Malware Antimalwarebytes or several hundred others that you MAY have installed on your machine that I don't know of.

As I've said, the one thing that sets your autologin (or keep me logged in) feature is cookies being saved to your device from this website, and requires that those cookies stay in place to be able to read them to keep you logged in. I can't be any more clear than that.

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Yeah I get that. I guess I wasn't more clear with my question. I was wondering why I would only have issues with GuruGossip and no other website. Whenever I have issues like this I always try other web browsers.

I tried Microsoft Edge... the site ran extremely slowly and was in a beta format...
I tried Mozila Firefox... the site wouldn't even log me in it kept coming up with 503 service unavailable

Like I said, I can run every other website on the interwebs on any browser....... the only website I have ever had issues with is GuruGossip. You keep saying it is because of the cookies... but I don't see how it could possibly be anything on my end if every website I have ever used works just fine and they all use cookies as well.. :?

bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by bipolarmorgan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Don't get me wrong, you have a point, a logical one. However, it's also very confusing and doesn't seem possible. I can't understand why that one thing would happen for just this website.... You should PM me so we can go over some more details to see what else could possibly be the cause here.

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:Don't get me wrong, you have a point, a logical one. However, it's also very confusing and doesn't seem possible. I can't understand why that one thing would happen for just this website.... You should PM me so we can go over some more details to see what else could possibly be the cause here.
As of right now I am using chrome... and so far I am not being logged out when I click view my posts, and when I read a thread it is actually marking it as read... so far so good... let's see if this continues :tu:

Return to “NEWS”