I'm trying to lose 5 pounds

mismkay
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm trying to lose 5 pounds

Post by mismkay »

...in three weeks. I gained 5 pounds in about a 2 week period and it's been REALLY difficult to get back on track. I'm not really concerned about the weight as much as how I look. I'm getting a new swimsuit and going on vacation in 3 weeks.

I'm already trying to consume less calories and more healthy foods. I'm going to be walking and riding my bike every day I can. Are there any tips you guys have? Any foods to specifically avoid and foods to consume a lot of? I'm 5"4 and 126 pounds.
why would i want to be beautiful on the inside no one can see it there

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: I'm trying to lose 5 pounds

Post by Angie V »

avoid sodium and drink a lot of water. that will make you look better in and of itself because you won't be bloated. Basically about 3500 calories is one pound. You just want to burn more than you consume but don't eat less than, say, 1200 or 1300.
imma ball til the day i fall

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn »

Don't over-do water consumption. That's going to give you water weight. You'll bloat, lose it and then yo-yo back to the previous weight. And, it's not about consuming less calories, it's about burning more than you've taken in. A normal standard calorie intake for a woman is 1500. Consume that, and burn more. Cardio is probably your best bet. Good luck. :)
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

iloveeeecheeesee
Talker
Talker

Post by iloveeeecheeesee »

Cut down your carbs, cut out sugar, and eat fruit. You never see someone gaining weight from eating fruit.

thereshegoesagain
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thereshegoesagain »

Your sedentary BMR is about 1400. With moderate exercise (3-5 times/week) this rises to about 2000, so if you want to lose weight I would say eat about 1400-1500 calories a day, but most importantly just listen to your body, eat when you're hungry and eat healthily, drink a lot of water and keep exercising!

morganliz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by morganliz »

healthy meals are wayyyyyyy better than skipping meals! only consume water for your liquid and you're golden :-)

Monicaq
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Monicaq »

Yeah, it's not a good idea to skip meals, just try to do some exercises and eat only healthy meals.

Return to “Fitness”