Need encouragement

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need encouragement

Post by logicalnonsense »

Hey guys, sorry if this gets off track, but I needed someplace to vent/talk and this place has been proven to be very encouraging in the past. I don't even really know where to start, but here goes. I have been overweight basically since the time I was in third grade until now (22 years old). I have hypothyroidism and metabolic issues which make it hard to lose weight and keep it off. In the past I have tried everything to lose weight, from working out to more drastic things like binging and purging. None of it worked. At the beginning of the year I got a physical and I weighed in at the highest I had ever been and it really shook me. I have since lost 22 pounds but I am so scared that I'm going to gain it all back, and there are still days when I feel like making myself throw up after eating even though I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I guess I'm just looking for words of encouragement or words from people who have been in similar situations. I was also wondering if there were any workouts from home that people do that might be beneficial to me. I have recently started looking into yoga but I'm not sure how much that will help, so basically anything that might would be useful.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Re: Need encouragement

Post by Nesoi »

This won't cost u a dime High Intensity Training with Lucy https://www.youtube.com/user/LWRFitnessChannel it worked somewhat for Anna Saccone :D but in all seriousness good luck and well done

JazWozEre
Learner
Learner

Post by JazWozEre »

Hey logical nonsense!
I hope I can help a little.
I have been doing 'Yoga with Adrienne' for a year now and I really feel better balanced and leaner. My arms and legs have always been stocky and short but I feel somehow they have thinned out and look more slender. Only slightly but I feel good about it. It has helped me relax too and know that I am stretching my body and keeping everything flexible. I started with her 30 days of yoga series and never looked back.

I also do a workout 3/4 times a week with EA Sports active on the PS3. They have it for Wii too if you have one of those?
If you don't have that then I'm sure you can find similar HIIT workouts on YouTube.

I suggest HIIT because it makes you sweat and really gets your heart going, but you get a moment to chill before the next workout. 'TheBodyCoachTV' is great for this. I also do some of 'Lindsay Jay' workouts, she does some zumba on her channel too. She also has yoga.

Food wise, do you eat a lot of sugary snacks? Or fizzy drinks? In the past I have stopped eating cheese, butter and eggs due to the supposed heart risks, but apparently these are not that bad for you! I try not to eat too much fruit because it has a lot of sugar too. If I do, I go for watermelons, oranges, mangos or pineapples. But if you need something sweet any fruit is better than chocolate and sweets!
It was hard cutting my treats out for about the first 2 weeks, I used to eat 2/3 chocolate bars a day and 2 bags of crisps, cakes etc! But now i might have 1/2 bags of crisps a week and maybe a slice of homemade oat flapjack for lunch if I've made some. Salads are quick and easy to russle up, some nice feta cheese crumbled on top, pomegranate seeds and some nuts for a snack is a great little lunch or dinner.
You may have tried all of this already, but I just thought I'd give a couple of things I like to do. I'm not the slimmest or the healthiest but I'm feeling good at the moment, which is the main thing for me. I hope you can feel good too! It's difficult when you have other problems like hypothyroidism, my mum has that, so i can understand. Xxx

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

JazWozEre
Learner
Learner

Post by JazWozEre »

Also, I've stopped eating cereal for breakfast, because most of them are filled with SO MUCH crap!! And 'healthy low fat' yogurts are almost as bad. If I want yogurt I get full fat Greek yogurt. Most 'low fat' things are filled with sugar and salt to make them taste nicer, so it defeats the object. I'd rather have good fats in cheese, yogurt and butter than eat hidden sugar.
I eat eggs and avocado for breakfast most days, or a slice of toast with no salt peanut butter and some blueberries. I'll have a couple of pieces of streaky bacon and roasted tomatoes on the weekend to mix it up a little.
I used to miss breakfast through school and college and it was the worst thing I could have done because by lunch time I was HANGRY, I'd eat crap on my break and then feel sleepy an hour later.
In always eat breakfast now and I try to drink a lot of water through the day.

Good luck! Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

Post by logicalnonsense »

Thank you both! And no, last year I completely gave up soda and tea and have since been drinking mainly water only. I will occasionally have juice, but only when I feel like I need a boost of something other than water. I will have to look into those workouts, I do have a WII and some workout DVDs so I'll have to give those a try. I eat eggs for breakfast or brunch as well, I find that they are a pretty good source of protein, which I need because I'm not a big meat person.

aaliyah345
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aaliyah345 »

I have a friend who had the exact same problems, speak to your doctor and ask for Orlistat. She got this medication prescribed. Orlistat works by preventing around a third of the fat from the food you eat from being digested. This undigested fat is not absorbed into your body and is passed out with your faeces. You still have to eat healthy and exercise but this will help you drop the weight due to your metabolic issues.

Demonita
Debater
Debater

Post by Demonita »

I know im late to this but imma comment anyways. What i am doing for exercise is this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 30ca05.jpg. It is kinda hardcore when your first try to do it but it sure is a good feeling when you finish it. Also have you ever heard of Shaun T? He has that T25 program and that kicks your ass too. You can also jog if you like to be in the nature. Maybe you can also try martial arts. Boxing burns alot of calories. :D
For diet eat veggies, fruits, fish, potatoes,eggs, chicken... Eat everything in smaller portions too. It may be hard at first but eventually you will get used to it. Try to also stay away from bread and from sugary food. In the morning try to drink green tea. For me it helps me to not eat "that much" since its bitter as hell haha. Coffe does make my apetite low too so maybe if you want you can try it out. :D

Most important; Dont give up! You can do it! :love2: Don't feel pressured to lose x amount of weight in x amount of weeks/months. You do the best as you can and you will get there. Once you get there don't stop, push forward and make it your lifestlye. :D With that you will be in great shape and also you will motivate others for sure! <3
In Sorte Diaboli

Return to “Health”