Re: Looking for a good probiotic

aleks77
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aleks77 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:37 am

RPN's Gut Health is the only one I've tried so far, but I liked it while I was on it. But you can use --WEBSITE DELETED-- to find another option. Check out supplement section. Good luck!

Artressy
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Artressy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:27 am

If you want to use probiotics to help with a specific health concern, it’s important to select the right probiotic for the right condition. There are specific things you want to consider when buying a probiotic supplement:

Brand quality — Look for brands that are reputable, probiotics must be shipped in a temperature controlled package, to preserve the product potency, it should reveal the genus, species and strain
High CFU count — higher number of probiotics is better, from 15 billion to 100 billion. Health benefits can occur with 50 million CFUs for certain conditions and may take as many as 1 trillion CFU for others. At least one million live bacteria per gram are necessary in yogurt and other fermented drinks to provide the 10 billion CFU needed for health effect.
Strain diversity — Search for a probiotic supplement that has 10–30 different strains.
Survivability — Look for strains or formulas that ensure probiotics make it to the gut and are able to colonize.

Return to “Health”