violette_fr

charlavail
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

violette_fr

Post by charlavail »

Has anyone seen videos by violette_fr? She's a French professional makeup artist living in NYC. While a lot of her makeup is "unaccessible" to me because of my acne scars, her videos are so calming! I love her voice and production. I also find it interesting she films almost all of her looks in public places. Thoughts?

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: violette_fr

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

I also find her videos relaxing and almost asmr-like.

Post by Guest »

Not my cup of tea. Too staged, overproduced and contrived. She seems to have a whole team behind her.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Everything looks so staged.
Non.

beita
Talker
Talker

Post by beita »

Yeah, it is extremely contrived. I do however like her style and the type of makeup that she does.

I won't take any application tips from her because the way she applies her makeup just won't work in real life. Swiping a bit of powder eyeshadow along your lids with your finger? That wouldn't last more than an hour on me. I also think she wears a light foundation base and pretends to just need a tiny bit of concealer before she starts with her eyes or lips. So yeah, I like the videos but I just use them as inspiration, I don't take her tips seriously.

ko_god
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ko_god »

Her videos definitely are a little overproduced, but I looove her style, and that classy minimal makeup (well, at least compared to current IG makeup).
Her accent is kinda cute, although every time she says "lashes line" I want to pull my own lashes out out of frustration :D

Post by Guest »

I really like her - sure, she has a very creative style of makeup, but I’d expect that from a creative director who does lots of editorial makeup. I liked the fact that she emphasized wearing as little foundation or concealer as possible; I also like the highly-produced cinematic videos - at least it’s something different.

But I was bummed to watch her latest video, which was so clearly bought by Briogeo. It was jarring and felt totally inauthentic - even her language was odd and not the more organic way she speaks normally. I hope she won’t do any more videos like that.

Obviously, she is employed by Estée Lauder and I expect lots of content regarding Estée Lauder products. That said, I loved that despite being a director at Lauder, she’d use Colourpop, Lit Cosmetics and other brands and rave about certain non-Estée products. I just really hope she doesn’t end up like these other influencers - shilling product. She seemed so above that. :(

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Quirkelle wrote:I really like her - sure, she has a very creative style of makeup, but I’d expect that from a creative director who does lots of editorial makeup. I liked the fact that she emphasized wearing as little foundation or concealer as possible; I also like the highly-produced cinematic videos - at least it’s something different.

But I was bummed to watch her latest video, which was so clearly bought by Briogeo. It was jarring and felt totally inauthentic - even her language was odd and not the more organic way she speaks normally. I hope she won’t do any more videos like that.

Obviously, she is employed by Estée Lauder and I expect lots of content regarding Estée Lauder products. That said, I loved that despite being a director at Lauder, she’d use Colourpop, Lit Cosmetics and other brands and rave about certain non-Estée products. I just really hope she doesn’t end up like these other influencers - shilling product. She seemed so above that. :(
Agreed. As soon as she said Briogeo I clicked off.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”