Amanda Hendrick

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanda Hendrick

Post by wild4thenight »

this girl is GORGEOUS. she's 'known' for being a successful catwalk model (she still models) and was the long term girlfriend of Oli Sykes from Bring Me The Horizon. I don't watch her for make up tips really as I feel like her eye looks can be quite harsh BUT it doesn't really matter for her as she could go barefaced (she does a lot in Vlogs) and look stunning!

anybody else enjoying watching her videos?

Re: Amanda Hendrick

Post by Guest »

I'm actually from the same area that Amanda's from and I'm the same age so I share a lot of mutual friends and have been around her quite a few times. I've got to say, I really didn't like her, she came across as rude and obnoxious and so full of herself.

This was all years ago and I am definitely guilty of holding that opinion of her over time but when I saw she'd made videos I watched a few and it's really really changed my opinion. When I knew her it was before/during her relationship with Oli which I now know was incredibly toxic and to hear her say "I was a horrible person back then" wasn't something I expected to hear. Good on her for being so open/honest about everything she went through and she seems to have come out the other side well.

It's a shame she can't do much high end modelling any more because she is seriously stunning in real life and it must be hard to be rejected like that after struggling with an E.D. I guess she's using YouTube as a way to move more into the T.V side of things that she wants to do but good luck to her. I'll definitely watch more of them.

ionlyeatsalads
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ionlyeatsalads »

I've followed Amanda for years since she was with Oli Sykes. I love that we get to see her personality through her channel now and I love her content.

jeangenie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jeangenie »

karenaaa wrote:I'm actually from the same area that Amanda's from and I'm the same age so I share a lot of mutual friends and have been around her quite a few times. I've got to say, I really didn't like her, she came across as rude and obnoxious and so full of herself.

This was all years ago and I am definitely guilty of holding that opinion of her over time but when I saw she'd made videos I watched a few and it's really really changed my opinion. When I knew her it was before/during her relationship with Oli which I now know was incredibly toxic and to hear her say "I was a horrible person back then" wasn't something I expected to hear. Good on her for being so open/honest about everything she went through and she seems to have come out the other side well.

It's a shame she can't do much high end modelling any more because she is seriously stunning in real life and it must be hard to be rejected like that after struggling with an E.D. I guess she's using YouTube as a way to move more into the T.V side of things that she wants to do but good luck to her. I'll definitely watch more of them.
i know someone that also knew her back then and they also said the same, also that she was a druggy and would give bj for coke. :?
anyways, i share the same opinion as you, that video where she told her whole story about her ED and breakup was amazing, i can relate a lot and it was very helpful to me. it's very brave of her to share that! she turned into an amazing person and i wish her all the best, i seriously got major jerk vibes off oli and his new girl, glad it's confirmed. :roll: people should idolize amanda instead of them!

i wish she would upload more regularly and change it up a bit more though, i feel like her makeup looks are all very similar in technique.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

jeangenie wrote:
karenaaa wrote:I'm actually from the same area that Amanda's from and I'm the same age so I share a lot of mutual friends and have been around her quite a few times. I've got to say, I really didn't like her, she came across as rude and obnoxious and so full of herself.

i know someone that also knew her back then and they also said the same, also that she was a druggy and would give bj for coke. :?
anyways, i share the same opinion as you, that video where she told her whole story about her ED and breakup was amazing, i can relate a lot and it was very helpful to me. it's very brave of her to share that! she turned into an amazing person and i wish her all the best, i seriously got major jerk vibes off oli and his new girl, glad it's confirmed. :roll: people should idolize amanda instead of them!

i wish she would upload more regularly and change it up a bit more though, i feel like her makeup looks are all very similar in technique.
all of this was so interesting!! i know this is a rave thread but i agree about the make up looks. the eye make up is very, very messy - which she can pull off - but anyone trying to recreate them in the same way would look insane.

she's BEAUTIFUL though, i'd rather just watch her vlogs and i am so NOT a vlog person but i find her really interesting.

Post by Guest »

Yeah I've definitley heard similar things from back then! Her friend that was in her last vlog, Hollie/Holly was just as bad if not worse. She was absolutely vile when I knew her.

I agree with the whole make up thing, I guess the difference is she is doing the make up she personally wears while "gurus" on Youtube generally do a variety of looks that suit different people and that they wouldn't necessarily always wear themselves. She can get away with doing that just now because she has a pretty niche fan base from her ex but when/if she gains more subs people will probably start expecting more. I do wish she would stop over-lining her top lip so much though, it's very obvious and she would look absolutely fine without it.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

karenaaa wrote:Yeah I've definitley heard similar things from back then! Her friend that was in her last vlog, Hollie/Holly was just as bad if not worse. She was absolutely vile when I knew her.

I agree with the whole make up thing, I guess the difference is she is doing the make up she personally wears while "gurus" on Youtube generally do a variety of looks that suit different people and that they wouldn't necessarily always wear themselves. She can get away with doing that just now because she has a pretty niche fan base from her ex but when/if she gains more subs people will probably start expecting more. I do wish she would stop over-lining her top lip so much though, it's very obvious and she would look absolutely fine without it.
I'm wondering if she's had her lips done now, they look ginormous :?

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

She's not good at makeup imo. Her face always looks super cakey and kind of dirty.
Non.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

lol i love that i made this a rave thread and all we (including myself..) do is trash her. yeah she's not great at make up but i guess she never had to be because she's so pretty. really cba to watch a 'ring collection' video like cmon girl.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

after her honest video where she talks about the eating disorder, drugs and breakup etc. her channel has gone a bit downhill. not the direction i thought she would pick up anyways-she added "real talk" to her intro but she hasn't done anything like that since.

it seems that she got picked up by some agency as influencer (i think its linked in her twitter, not sure where i saw it) i think that was the new job she was referring to in her last vlog...shes lucky she could have built a following from her past, i don't see how she could go so far as youtuber/influencer. :/

her latest lookbook was just 1 outfit which could have been posted on instagram instead. i really like her but to me she seems a little lost in her videos as if she doesnt really know what to do.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

yeah i did expect more after that video - which was incredibly honest and sad. it's like one random vlog here, a half hearted make up tutorial there...

i genuinely hope the videos improve because i'm getting bored already.

also - i can't see the brand that's picked her up?? she did get sent loads of stuff from UD a little while back though so it would make sense. i dunno who exactly she's supposed to influence though, her channel doesn't really target any specific audience.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

oops also it's MiLK management - it is in her twitter, my bad.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

ok spamming my own thread here but IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO.

1. her skin looks really bad in her life update/make up vid. was it always like that and we couldn't see in the other camera? it honestly looks sore, i wanna cover her in moisturiser!

2, she doesn't say YT is gonna be her new job, she said she's going for a job in make up next week - whatever that may be.

3. 1000000000000% she has had her lips filled. other people have mentioned it in the comments too.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

^i think she wanted yt to be her job but probably noticed its slow-good for her for looking for another job but i dont see her doing other ppls makeup unless they wang to looks "grugy" but maybe she'll just do sales.

i agree her audience is a bit confusing-cause most of her fans are BMTH fangirls from back then, her newer audience likes her for the vegan lifestyle i think. i think she has potential since her life seems to interest people, she just seems kinda inconsistent and like she needs some help/direction to make it on youtube/social media.

does anyone else sometimes have trouble understanding her? english is not my first language but i understand it perfectly, im not sure if its just the scottish accent or if she also just doesnt talk clearly, im not that familiar scottish english, can anyone confirm?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

btw-what do you think of her new dual-colored hair?

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

bambiii wrote:btw-what do you think of her new dual-colored hair?

i was hoping she'd just get it back to brunette, black/green would look harsh on anyone. i hope she doesn't end up looking like cruella de ville.

her newest video was better, just a bit slap dash i thought.

you're totally right about her fanbase though, she's lucky really that she already had one because of her relationship with Oli otherwise her channel would not have grown that fast. i just hope she finds some direction soon.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

wild4thenight wrote:

i was hoping she'd just get it back to brunette, black/green would look harsh on anyone. i hope she doesn't end up looking like cruella de ville.

you're totally right about her fanbase though, she's lucky really that she already had one because of her relationship with Oli otherwise her channel would not have grown that fast. i just hope she finds some direction soon.
i actually thought she lightened the whole half of her head instead of just one stripe. meh, i think it looks off this way.

yeah i wasnt sure about her lips until that grwm with the new quality - agree, her skin looked shockingly bad! not a fan of the lips either, i didnt like the way she overdrew them before either, im a bit surprised shes not talking about it on her channel (so far) since it seems like a "real talk" topic.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

bambiii wrote:
wild4thenight wrote:

i actually thought she lightened the whole half of her head instead of just one stripe. meh, i think it looks off this way.

yeah i wasnt sure about her lips until that grwm with the new quality - agree, her skin looked shockingly bad! not a fan of the lips either, i didnt like the way she overdrew them before either, im a bit surprised shes not talking about it on her channel (so far) since it seems like a "real talk" topic.
true!! she's very open about birth control, her ED, her ex.. lips are pretty tame in comparison!

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

so she posted on twitter that she will be working for urban decay at their carnaby str. store and will also be doing ppls makeup...i wonder if its normal to be able to get such jobs without a degree in cosmetics/sales experience? cause i would love to do that but every job ad ive seen by mac etc. says you have to have atleast retail experience and makeupartist diploma as a plus. it wouldnt surprise me if she got it mainly through who she is, since urban decay has already sponsored her in the past. im a bit jealous ill admit! lol

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

bambiii wrote:so she posted on twitter that she will be working for urban decay at their carnaby str. store and will also be doing ppls makeup...i wonder if its normal to be able to get such jobs without a degree in cosmetics/sales experience? cause i would love to do that but every job ad ive seen by mac etc. says you have to have atleast retail experience and makeupartist diploma as a plus. it wouldnt surprise me if she got it mainly through who she is, since urban decay has already sponsored her in the past. im a bit jealous ill admit! lol
oh 100% the fact she's worked with UD before would have made a huge difference, and 'who' she is. well fair play to her i suppose using her connections.

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”