Sophie Shohet

morningstar
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sophie Shohet

Post by morningstar »

Does anyone else watch Sophie' s videos? I don't remember how I stumbled on them, but she does a lot of luxury item hauls/reviews mixed in with some blogs. At first I was prepared not to like her because due to the age difference between her and her husband, I just assumed she was a pampered stay at home wife, but apparently she held an executive title on her own at a young age. Maybe as a result she comes across as not snobby despite her wealth (no clue what her husband does, but he appears to make bank). I just hope as she becomes mote popular, she doesn't become another infomercial channel.

sxphsyko

Re: Sophie Shohet

Post by sxphsyko »

Sophie is so lovely

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

I like Sophie as well. I can relate since I love a good high end accessory with inexpensive clothing. What I can't relate to are their cars (Porche & Lamborghini), but I like living vicariously through her.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

i stumbled across her channel as i liked her chanel boy bag haha. i thought 90% of her bags though in her 'bag collection' video were mega tacky, especially the white LV ugh.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I quite like her too! She's not too snobby, she seems quite genuine

Red
Learner
Learner

Post by Red »

Adore her tbh. I usually get so annoyed with youtube gurus who cater to mostly luxury brands. The annoying PintSizedFashionista twins are a good example of annoying ungrateful luxy brats. I truly think Sophie is genuine and extremely grateful for what she has. If you look at her LinkedIn - everything she has said about being an executive at a young age and such are completely true so I only have good feelings and thoughts about her.

Hadto
Learner
Learner

Post by Hadto »

Mmm think she is on the turn already :roll: don't think she should do so many videos -the footage of the couple eating cake was desperate. I don't buy into a lot of her stories either... shame as I liked her to begin with.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Hadto wrote:Mmm think she is on the turn already :roll: don't think she should do so many videos -the footage of the couple eating cake was desperate. I don't buy into a lot of her stories either... shame as I liked her to begin with.
i feel the same.. even the thumbnails on her videos make me cringe so i don't even bother clicking to watch them.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

I feel like she jumped the shark with uploading so many videos. Frankly, they're just boring now.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

qwerty888 wrote:I feel like she jumped the shark with uploading so many videos. Frankly, they're just boring now.
couldn't agree more

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucky Be »

I like Sophie quite a bit... but I think 3 video's a week is a bit too much for me.
Once a week was great- got my fill and was eager for the next week. Now, its just overwhelming. Generally though, I am a binge-watcher when it comes to various YT people. I usually sit and watch several video's once a month. With Sophie's, I tend to pick and choose what I watch. Some of her video's just aren't my thing. I don't dislike her, but I'm a bit old for make up video's and whatnot. More into vlogs and luxury video's than make up/perfume video's.

Things I do appreciate about her,
- she talks about working for a living. Some Youtuber's act like money falls from the sky into a bucket for free. She does video's about her career, she gives advice about it, tells stories about some odd things that have happened... Now I'm not sure how accurate those stories are, 1 or 2 seem a wee bit far fetched, but its Youtube, I've come to expect a bit of exaggeration from them all.

-she's pretty candid about her lifestyle and husband. He doesn't seem to mind her putting the camera on him occasionally. You can tell he's nuts about her; which is nice to see. Some of the Youtubers I've seen act like such twats about having a man, but she seems to really appreciate David.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

her thumbnails piss me off. i'm un-subbing. BYEE

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

Her taste is so unbearably vulgar yet people seem to lap it up, what am I missing?

Katebenny
Talker
Talker

Post by Katebenny »

I thought at first that she seemed really down to earth for someone with so much money but now something just seems a bit off. Constant spending in nearly every video, like when they went and bought those expensive gem stones? So many shopping trips, i know people with money but my god she is constantly buying.
Some videos do seem very show off-ish, the ones showing flash cars they might buy, Harrods and then calling up Chanel to reserve herself another pair of new shoes?
She really seems to be pushing this Youtube career for someone who is so busy with an actual job?
Seems weird

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

The one that began with her soaping down her car was just embarrassingly bad, like something out of a terrible 80s music video :roll:

So much money spent to look so tacky and dated, her 'business' associates must be laughing their asses off at her grotesque displays of vulgarity :rofl:

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Brigante wrote:The one that began with her soaping down her car was just embarrassingly bad, like something out of a terrible 80s music video :roll:

So much money spent to look so tacky and dated, her 'business' associates must be laughing their asses off at her grotesque displays of vulgarity :rofl:
ergh i really can't with her any more. plus the constant shilling of her lashes :roll: i can get those off ebay for a fiver.

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

I have recently discovered her videos and I have to say it's kinda refreshing to see someone wealthy not being snobby.
But I have to say I absolutely hate the way she dresses. She has zero sense of style.
Also I don't quite agree with her buying bags as an investement especially that super tacky Louboutin bag she bought recently.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

YouTubeAddict79 wrote:I have recently discovered her videos and I have to say it's kinda refreshing to see someone wealthy not being snobby.
i disagree, i think she can come off as snobby. she's soooo new money it hurts as well. like 'look at my new porsche' or whatever. it's tacky AF.

Brigante
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Brigante »

She's the epitome of vulgarity, always seeking out the latest 'premium' items she convinces herself are investments.

No honey, it's all just gaudy crap designed to give insecure women a temporary boost - spend your money on a decent psychologist instead, the results will last a lifetime, unlike your made in China Chanel earrings.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Brigante wrote:She's the epitome of vulgarity, always seeking out the latest 'premium' items she convinces herself are investments.
ugh sooo true. i un-subbed from her because her style is so tacky, then she started with the click-bait crap and ridiculous thumbnails and i couldn't take any more.

i don't know how anyone would take her seriously in a professional manner (seeing as she is a digital marketing DIRECTOR - has she mentioned that before?????????) with those kind of videos.

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”