gretchenlovesbeauty

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
jgeff
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

gretchenlovesbeauty

Post by jgeff »

Typically I don't like the younger teenage beauty gurus but I like how she's more relaxed and natural in her videos. I feel like so many beauty gurus edit their videos too much (like Macbarbie07), and act really fake. Also, her style can be questionable at times but her OOTD's are sort of consistent and I like some of her school outfits. Thoughts?

YoutubeIdiots101
Informer
Informer

Re: gretchenlovesbeauty

Post by YoutubeIdiots101 »

I used to like her but tbh I can't really stand her anymore. She gets way too defensive. Every piece of hate or criticism she gets, she has to defend herself and make it seem alright. I get it, doing Youtube is hard when people constantly judge you. But addressing everything is too much. She has changed a lot and Idk. Ive been feeling this way for a while.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

YoutubeIdiots101 wrote:I used to like her but tbh I can't really stand her anymore. She gets way too defensive. Every piece of hate or criticism she gets, she has to defend herself and make it seem alright. I get it, doing Youtube is hard when people constantly judge you. But addressing everything is too much. She has changed a lot and Idk. Ive been feeling this way for a while.
I definitely agree with this. Ever since she quit rowing and focussed on Youtube, she has become less genuine. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something has shifted.

Supremebeb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Supremebeb »

YoutubeIdiots101 wrote:I used to like her but tbh I can't really stand her anymore. She gets way too defensive. Every piece of hate or criticism she gets, she has to defend herself and make it seem alright. I get it, doing Youtube is hard when people constantly judge you. But addressing everything is too much. She has changed a lot and Idk. Ive been feeling this way for a while.
Yes finally! Ive been waiting for someone to post on this thread about her!!! I completely agree!! She is wayyyy to insecure about herself because she ALWAYS addresses hate! Like in a vlog she was even crying about how people commented that she was fat or something like??? I don't think she should be on youtube if she gets THAT defensive about what people have to say about her. And she needs to understand that not everyone is going to like her and everyone is going to have an opinion when she puts herself out there. I also totally think she's changed and does not have good content anymore. Everything she posts is sponsored or she posts a haul with a ton of stuff that regular people can't afford.

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

Yep a lot of sponsored video....I get it, she makes a living of it. But she isn't genuine at all. She tries to justify every action every comment....

She will probably move to LA to be like every "beauty gurus".

YoutubeIdiots101
Informer
Informer

I'm so glad I got the ball rolling on this forum because I was beginning to think that I was in the minority about her channel! I used to like her. But she is really just so self entitled. She thinks she's right about everything and doesn't see the other side of things.
Have you guys seen her "sorry Harvard" & "A Day in the Life at Harvard"? What do you think about that? I feel like since those videos she's been getting a lot of hate and I can definitely see why.
She even threatened about quitting YouTube in her "apology" video. (Wasn't even an apology, more like justifying her every move.) Absolutely NO way would she ever quit YT. Like said above, she isn't really cut out for youtube if she gets so butthurt and has to address everything. But, she'd never be able to afford the lifestyle she lives without YT. Could you imagine her with a real job?? Nope. I can go on and on about her, its been bothering me for so long.

pikaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pikaa »

I just searched for her on here because I watched the Harvard video and then her "apology". I'm glad she's getting called out so much in the comments. Why doesn't she just delete the video? Coming from someone who doesn't watch her regularly I definetly wouldnt subscribe after that. She came across as such a mean girl.

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

pikaa wrote:I just searched for her on here because I watched the Harvard video and then her "apology". I'm glad she's getting called out so much in the comments. Why doesn't she just delete the video? Coming from someone who doesn't watch her regularly I definetly wouldnt subscribe after that. She came across as such a mean girl.
She won't delete it because it got a lot of views way more than her usual vlog and video.

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

I'd be embarrassed to be in her sorority.

Supremebeb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Supremebeb »

gooroosphailin wrote:I'd be embarrassed to be in her sorority.
Actually her sorority has been dubbed the "Harvard Hoochies" apparently.......wouldnt surprise me seeing that all her snaps of parties are at harvard...... *sips tea*

YoutubeIdiots101
Informer
Informer

I thought she looked terrible at her formal. (refer to the picture Lucy posted on her insta: lucygeraghtyy). She looks so fake and so materialistic nowadays. The fake tan that makes her look orange, the big ring, her cleavage in the dress (which isn't a problem but it just adds to the look). Idk if I'm making sense but everything she does just turns me off nowadays.

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

I'm so glad other people feel the same way about her! ever since she quit rowing and turned into the stereotypical sorority party girl she's seemed so fake and annoying at times. as far as her constant shopping/lifestyle goes I don't see her stopping anytime soon even if she can't handle youtube because everything about her and her family screams "upper middle class rich people" to me. maybe that's just me though, I don't know she just seems so entitled and fake lately

YoutubeIdiots101
Informer
Informer

aaa123 wrote:I'm so glad other people feel the same way about her! ever since she quit rowing and turned into the stereotypical sorority party girl she's seemed so fake and annoying at times. as far as her constant shopping/lifestyle goes I don't see her stopping anytime soon even if she can't handle youtube because everything about her and her family screams "upper middle class rich people" to me. maybe that's just me though, I don't know she just seems so entitled and fake lately
Agreed with everything you said. I think she's so full of herself as well, which is why she's always so entitled. I really did like her back during her senior year of high school and I feel like that's a completely different person than she is now. We don't see much of Lucy anymore, but I feel like she's not much like her sister in this aspect. I tell myself I'm not going to watch her, but then I do because I know it's going to be a shit show. I've noticed she's been getting so much hate, or at least she did around the time of her Harvard video. With all of her dumb OOTD and hauls theres not much, but whenever there's a video of her opening her mouth and talking about something that isn't her clothes, she gets herself in trouble.

lilbby
Learner
Learner

Post by lilbby »

It's kinda sad how she felt the need to put that long intro in her swim try on. If you're not comfortable showing your body on Youtube- then don't. I'm not trying to sound bitchy but I just don't get why she would even post the video if she was so uncomfortable. Also she constantly wears bras as tops and crop tops so it doesn't seem like she's that insecure.

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

Do you follow her snap? I thought she went to Africa with a charity. It looks more of a vacation than a humanitarian project. So basically people gave donation so she can have fun???

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

mandyRD wrote:Do you follow her snap? I thought she went to Africa with a charity. It looks more of a vacation than a humanitarian project. So basically people gave donation so she can have fun???
I was wondering the same thing!! I don't think she's shown a single example of her helping anyone, it just seems like she went to swim and see animals :roll:

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

She says she went to different place in Africa that why she called it "Africa Vlog"...... From what I saw she arrives, she visited moshi, then they did the kilimandjaro and then on a safari.
Doesn't she realize that moshi and the kilimandjaro are place in Tanzania. Tanzania is a country.

Maybe I'm wrong and she visited other countries but I doubt it. Have you seen her travel vlog? Did she mention different countries?

On the vlog where she moved out from BU, she said she was waiting for her visa. She didn"t mention multiple visa. since you need visas to go there.

Doesn't she make a difference bewteen a tow,, a country and a continent?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

I haven't watched any of her vlogs from the trip yet, but I follow her on snapchat and I honestly can't remember her going to any other countries (and she put geotags on everything so it seems unlikely I wouldn't have noticed). honestly she seems so out of touch that she probably really doesn't understand why it's wrong to title her videos like that :roll: and all those comments defending her are so annoying ugh

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

sorry for the double post! based on her insta it actually does look like she went to Kenya for a bit, but I still feel like she shouldn't be using "africa vlogs" as the title when she only visited one or two countries. There are so many different countries/cultures throughout Africa that it just doesn't feel right to generalize to me, but maybe thats just me haha

Stuuu
Learner
Learner

Post by Stuuu »

OT - what do y'all think of her cousin Mandy?

Return to “F-K”