Kaur Beauty

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kaur Beauty

Post by horcrux_dr »

She is a Punjabi beauty guru and seems smart and well spoken but in her latest Fashionova Haul her makeup under her eyes was so bad!
Any thoughts? Here is her channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFjw-A ... djEyRDBOzQ

CheChe01
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by CheChe01 »

I stumbled across one of her vids a few weeks ago.. Watched the whole thing through; Haven't Subbed but she's def on my radar. I like her.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

I like that she is a Punjabi beauty guru but sis needs to CHILL with the face tune on her instagram. She is naturally pretty she doesn't need to go so overboard

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

I like that she is a Punjabi beauty guru but sis needs to CHILL with the face tune on her instagram. She is naturally pretty she doesn't need to go so overboard

spankcat
Informer
Informer

Post by spankcat »

Her Instagram is meh but she comes off as so gorgeous, well-spoken, hardworking, and smart in her videos! I'm guessing she's completing her fourth year in undergrad. She mentioned she got accepted to medical school; does anyone know which one?

Shahzadi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shahzadi »

I love Kaur Beauty to the point of stanning! Her videos lack filler bullshit and I love her delivery on camera. Not only that, but she very intelligent as well and I hope she does well in Med School. We love a knowledgeable Queen!

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

I actually really dislike Kaur and her personality. I was a "pre-med" (but made the switch to law) and her personality and calling herself a "student doctor" are really off putting.

Post by Guest »

mininaz wrote:I actually really dislike Kaur and her personality. I was a "pre-med" (but made the switch to law) and her personality and calling herself a "student doctor" are really off putting.
how so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

marshnellow wrote:
mininaz wrote:I actually really dislike Kaur and her personality. I was a "pre-med" (but made the switch to law) and her personality and calling herself a "student doctor" are really off putting.
how so?

There's a certain stigma in the pre-med and medical school community about someone who is too keen and starts calling themselves a medical student or doctor prematurely. It's just seen as narcissistic behavior and isn't viewed well.

Post by Guest »

So initially I enjoyed her videos but after while she came off very pretentious and had that better than you attitude. I think it is amazing that she is managing to have a youtube channel while in med school. But I would never take her serious as a Doctor. Majority of my friends are doctors and its not easy stuff and is very competitive. I whole-heartedly agree with mininaz about calling herself a medical student (before she was actually in med school, I know that she is now, if i'm not mistaken) and a doctor prematurely. some friends that finished their med school degree still don't call themselves drs because they haven't specialized (im always getting mad because im like you have earned it now, you actually FINISHED med school).

Hopefully with time she grows and maybe I will watch her videos again. I love how close her family is and that she has support from her older brothers for school.
Her makeup is pretty decent even tho basic I still enjoy it because im an amateur in makeup.

mininaz
Learner
Learner

Post by mininaz »

Just to add to all the ways that Puneet is shitty: someone recently posted her Eid makeup look to a reddit sub. It was mentioned there that in one of her past videos where her and one of her brothers read comments that she threatened to doxx a poster. Essentially, they said they didn't like her or found her unlikable. This poster had their medical school name in their user name, and she threatened to inform their medical school's dean. Like Puneet. Get. Over. Yourself.

Hunting Med Students
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Hunting Med Students »

I stopped liking her since she started to diminish people having different views regarding vaccines. Like she would trow straight to your face the fact that "she is a med student" so she knows better than you. Like I always say, med students are brainwashed often and don't ask the real questions. Even me just taking a few anatomy and biology classes was wondering and questioning A LOOOOOT OF THINGS that are labeled as "good for you" by the med class. Don't get me wrong, not saying medicine is a complete biased territory, but it is true that because a doctor is telling you, it does not makes it right.

desigirlx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by desigirlx »

Something that bothers me about her makeup is how two-toned her face looks after she conceals. Her forehead is a completely different color from the rest of her face

desigirlx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by desigirlx »

I’ve always been kinda iffy about her. There are some videos of hers that I enjoy and then there are some where I exit out quickly.

I can’t remember the exact name of the video but she was discussing her undergrad grades and how she received a B in one of her courses. Being a premed myself I understand that you want the highest grades possible as it will increase your chances of being accepted into a med school. However, she said something along the lines of “a B is just unacceptable” and her tone/delivery was pretty rude imo. Someone mentioned that in the comments and she retorted back.

Post by Guest »

desigirlx wrote:I’ve always been kinda iffy about her. There are some videos of hers that I enjoy and then there are some where I exit out quickly.

I can’t remember the exact name of the video but she was discussing her undergrad grades and how she received a B in one of her courses. Being a premed myself I understand that you want the highest grades possible as it will increase your chances of being accepted into a med school. However, she said something along the lines of “a B is just unacceptable” and her tone/delivery was pretty rude imo. Someone mentioned that in the comments and she retorted back.

i feel like that’s learnt from her upbringing. being brought up with asian parents (it’s known that parents that are minorities are very fixated on their kids getting the best grades possible), and the competition she must feel when her brothers are also studying to be doctors, and the pressure she must feel from her parents to be good enough etc etc... the “b is unacceptable” must be ingrained in her and it’s sad. regardless she shouldn’t be saying that to her audience who i assume the majority are trying to become doctors as it is a damaging mentality, they’ll see how far she’s come and take it as fact, but i do feel a lil bad for her

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

Her instagram photos are SO airbrushed

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

marshnellow wrote:
desigirlx wrote:I’ve always been kinda iffy about her. There are some videos of hers that I enjoy and then there are some where I exit out quickly.

i feel like that’s learnt from her upbringing. being brought up with asian parents (it’s known that parents that are minorities are very fixated on their kids getting the best grades possible), and the competition she must feel when her brothers are also studying to be doctors, and the pressure she must feel from her parents to be good enough etc etc... the “b is unacceptable” must be ingrained in her and it’s sad. regardless she shouldn’t be saying that to her audience who i assume the majority are trying to become doctors as it is a damaging mentality, they’ll see how far she’s come and take it as fact, but i do feel a lil bad for her

She’s said a couple times that her parents weren’t the usual preppy Indian parents growing up. They didn’t make their kids do things like kumon or spelling bees or any of that kind of extra shit that’s outside of what schools provide for you. Like I’m not saying her parents would be okay with her failing classes lol but they also weren’t/aren’t checking her grades to make sure she’s getting A’s and giving her shit for it if she didn’t. Like they probably figured she’d turn out fine since she’s surrounded by two book smart kids in her brothers, and it helps that the 3 of them are close.

Ya, it was pretty irresponsible of her to say that in that video. She clearly has high expectations for herself, which is cool, good. But that’s just YOU, she could have simply corrected herself and said “a B is just unacceptable for me personally”, instead of saying it like a blanket statement, knowing SO many pre-meds watch her. Maybe you won’t get into Harvard or Yale with a B, but that’s not everyone’s goal anyways. I definitely know of people who got into med schools with more than one B. I think she’s developed the competitive nature/the smarts by nurture since both of her brothers are clearly over achievers, she probably didn’t wanna be the black sheep of the fam. And it helps that she has 2 older figures she can go to right away if she has any questions about the whole path to becoming a doctor, not everyone has that kind of resource in their own siblings.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

I used to like watching her but now I get this air of arrogance from her. Definitely get what some people mean when they say they think she comes off as thinking she’s better than everyone else. I definitely think she lightens herself in her photos because the color of her elbows just doesn’t match up with the skin tone she tries to pass off as having. I know everyone’s elbows are darker than the rest of their body, but like it doesn’t make sense for you to have elbows that are NC45 if you claim the rest of you is like an NC30. She packs on way too much concealer, and that too in a shade that’s way too light for her, and it’s obvious in some of those pics the previous poster posted above. It’s really obvious in her older videos too. Also agree that she airbrushes her IG pics too much, like do people really believe she looks like that or they let it slide because she’s smart? Lol

mooney
Learner
Learner

Post by mooney »

She 100% lightens herself. It's so funny. Sometimes on camera, she'll be wearing a colored shirt and look very fair. and then she'll hold up an actually white object, the camera auto-focuses on that and auto-adjusts the lighting properly, and her skin gets about 5 shades darker.

Being part of the south asian community, I wish we had a "beautyguru" who didn't feel the need to superficially preach about eurocentric standards while committing to them herself.

mooney
Learner
Learner

Post by mooney »

Hahaha, Kaur just released a video on colorism. Nice to see she reads here! Hi Puneet! Hope you're having fun at off-brand mayo.

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”