Mel in Melbourne

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Mel in Melbourne

Post by lowkeylaurie »

Came here to chat about Mel after her latest haul, now I do like a good haul but that was absolutely ridiculous :? I always assumed she was at a higher class than middle class because she doesn't sell her items, but at the same time I'm not surprised, it seems to be a running theme among our darling lux YouTubers. They're all either upper middle class scrambling to keep up with one another or bored housewives who married into wealth and do nothing but shop.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I tried to watch her latest vlog but it was unbearable :roll:

How can someone buy so many useless crap???

She has a shopping addiction, which she clearly does not talk about ... she collects Chanel earrings, shoes and Hermes rodeos.

She has so much stuff , so many bags and we don't see her selling anything. I can only assume that she only buy bags for the sake of it just to have it.

Based in what she shows us she has probably 50 handbags or more.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I have to laugh when she says that "oh this item wasn't on my wishlist or I didn't have anything on my wishlist"

If you don't have anything in your wishlist so why keep buying those useless crap.

I bet she is the type of person that she is never content with everything she has, she is always looking for the next big thing.
That type of person that doesn't have or need to buy anything but just go to the shops to find something to buy because she needs to get her fix.

Post by Guest »

What is her end game with youtube? She buys a lot to get more views but that would never pay for the amount she spends. I think in Melbourne she is now treated like the super rich in the luxury stores because I don't imagine Melbourne has a lot of millionaires. If she was super rich why does she want to do Youtube on the scale that she does? They seem to live in an apartment by the looks of it and not a huge home which is what Aussies tend to be able to have at cheaper prices than the rest of the world.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

I really liked Mel when I first started watching her videos . She seemed really humble and level headed compared to some of the other youtubers . However , her spending is so out of control now . The Hawaii trip haul was insane. She mentioned having an upcoming blog sale so will be interesting to see what she sells. I also think she dresses too young for her age.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Chichibangbang wrote:What is her end game with youtube? She buys a lot to get more views but that would never pay for the amount she spends. I think in Melbourne she is now treated like the super rich in the luxury stores because I don't imagine Melbourne has a lot of millionaires. If she was super rich why does she want to do Youtube on the scale that she does? They seem to live in an apartment by the looks of it and not a huge home which is what Aussies tend to be able to have at cheaper prices than the rest of the world.
I don't think you are familiar with how things are in Australia but there are a lot of people wealth people, the difference is that people are laid back and don't flash their cash like some people do in the US or other countries. Also there is no such a thing as huge houses at cheaper prices, unless you are leaving in the country or anything like that, you won't be getting a big house really cheap.
Just so you know Australia is on the list of one of the expensive countries to live in the world.

She seems to live in a house from what she has show on her stories and vlogs.

Post by Guest »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Chichibangbang wrote:What is her end game with youtube? She buys a lot to get more views but that would never pay for the amount she spends. I think in Melbourne she is now treated like the super rich in the luxury stores because I don't imagine Melbourne has a lot of millionaires. If she was super rich why does she want to do Youtube on the scale that she does? They seem to live in an apartment by the looks of it and not a huge home which is what Aussies tend to be able to have at cheaper prices than the rest of the world.
I don't think you are familiar with how things are in Australia but there are a lot of people wealth people, the difference is that people are laid back and don't flash their cash like some people do in the US or other countries. Also there is no such a thing as huge houses at cheaper prices, unless you are leaving in the country or anything like that, you won't be getting a big house really cheap.
Just so you know Australia is on the list of one of the expensive countries to live in the world.

She seems to live in a house from what she has show on her stories and vlogs.
I can’t speak for people in other countries but the only people in the US who flash their cash are celebrities or middle class posers like 99% of the Youtubers you see. I have huge doubts that any of these American Youtubers are close to rich the longer I watch them. I’ve only known a couple rich people in my life but they’re nothing like these people.

Not to mention that a lot of these American youtubers live in shitty, non desirable areas, despite having a huge house (ie, Shea Whitney, EllandEmm, Erica, etc) or in apartments.

I’ve said this before on another thread, but having a big house in bumfuck nowhere means nothing in the US and is no reflection of one’s wealth.

Post by Guest »

Someone earlier on this thread hinted that Mel isn’t actually rich. Whether or not this is true, I’m not sure (especially since that person only made one post and never posted again), but the fact that this poster was specific about Mel’s family origin and her husband’s and Mel’s occupations, it really makes me wonder.

If anyone is curious about whether or not someone is truly wealthy, ask yourself this, if you hear this person talk about money in any aspect (whether it’s bragging how much they spent, whether it’s figuring out bills, whether it’s complaining or getting excited about how much something costs, etc), it means that person is not rich. And by the looks of the majority of these youtubers, they’re not.

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:Someone earlier on this thread hinted that Mel isn’t actually rich. Whether or not this is true, I’m not sure (especially since that person only made one post and never posted again), but the fact that this poster was specific about Mel’s family origin and her husband’s and Mel’s occupations, it really makes me wonder.

If anyone is curious about whether or not someone is truly wealthy, ask yourself this, if you hear this person talk about money in any aspect (whether it’s bragging how much they spent, whether it’s figuring out bills, whether it’s complaining or getting excited about how much something costs, etc), it means that person is not rich. And by the looks of the majority of these youtubers, they’re not.

I have noticed all the "luxury community" is posting about saving for the future , being debt free and spending less. I'm like WHAAAAAT?! Surely that is what you are meant to be doing before you spend on luxury?

Post by Guest »

Chichibangbang wrote:
adel220 wrote:Someone earlier on this thread hinted that Mel isn’t actually rich. Whether or not this is true, I’m not sure (especially since that person only made one post and never posted again), but the fact that this poster was specific about Mel’s family origin and her husband’s and Mel’s occupations, it really makes me wonder.

I have noticed all the "luxury community" is posting about saving for the future , being debt free and spending less. I'm like WHAAAAAT?! Surely that is what you are meant to be doing before you spend on luxury?
Lol, ikr? These women aren’t rich, they’re just buying stuff that they think makes them look rich.

Truth be told I feel trashy being all classist like this, but at least I know I’m middle class and own it. I know I have to save money for the future, although I would never say this as a resolution after spending thousands of dollars on purses to show off. 8-)

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a designer item here and there because the person like the design or something. The only problem is that when you buys thing from time to time you get to actually enjoy it and make the most of it.

When these youtubers they buy 3/4 bags at once how are they suppose to enjoy and appreciate what they got, they don't.

Mel made it 3 haul videos from Hawaii that was so over the top and unecessary. It seems that they all do that to get more followers, I just think it is as shallow as it gets.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

People can do whatever they want with their money but it is physically impossible for her to wear all that stuff that she bought.

How many scarfs, twillies, mitzahs one person needs??

By the way she mentioned before that she was 38yo but for whatever reason I do not believe that. I really thought that she was around the 45 mark. I am saying that because most asians i have meet with similar age look way younger than her.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I think they also buy to gain followers. It would be one thing if it were an actual investment into their channel, etc..., but I highly doubt they are making anywhere near enough to cover their purchases. That is just plain stupid to me.

Mel don't look nothing like no damn 38 year old. Staaaahhhpppppp. At best I'd give her low 50's....maybe even a 48/49, but that's it.

Shellymichael
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Shellymichael »

Hey everyone ...i have been watching mel for 2 years and am glad there is finally a thread for her. I used to like watching her as i could never afford even one luxury item so get a kick out of watching luxury youtubers ever so often.. i cannot believe how much she buys now and it seems she has no "style" or "theme" to her purchases. It seems that if its luxury she buys it! If its stamped hermes or dior she wants it!
Is it just me or do those hermes rodeos look rather childish? I cant believe how many she has!
As one of you mentioned in this thread ..i think she is a shopaholic also! I think she uses the word "collects" as a way of masking it...but when your collecting chanel earrings, hermes rodeos shoes , vintage bags, twillies, etc .....thats a lot of different things shes "collecting".
I believe people like sophie shohet definitely collect in a normal way. Sophie only claims to collect chanel earrings which is not excessive. I also agree with a poster above who said she just buys stuff to get her next fix. Haha rant over ! Been sitting on that for 2 years lol!

Shellymichael
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Shellymichael »

Oh and im not jealous of mel by the way....i dont have the desire for luxury personally.. it just urks me that there are people out there who spend so much on themselves and there are other people living on the streets. Not thats theres anything wrong with buying things for yourself but when you are buying 53 horse bag charms and shoes and bags ...hmmmmmm

Post by Guest »

If I had to say something nice about Mel, I don’t get the vibe that she is snobby, arrogant, or bitchy. She seems decent....just kinda ditzy, like someone else suggested. Also I think you’d have to be a nice person to want to put up with Jerusha. :rofl: :rofl:

But yeah, she doesn’t put a lot of thought when it comes to her buying...or her clothes. :?

Also, she is so not 38. If she’s 38, then I’m 21. :rofl: :roll:

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

I’m thinking she is about 43-45.

Post by Guest »

I didn’t watch the Hermès haul, but I was reading on the Gossip Bakery (under Leo Lion LV) that Mel gave away all her orange paper bags. That. Is. Hysterical. :roll: :rofl: :roll: :rofl: :roll:

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

Yeah she's doing a packaging only giveaway. Apparently it was highly requested. All of Mel's giveaways are absolute trash compared to what she spends on herself. She's literally giving away her trash to her subscribers. I had no idea people out there were that desperate and idiotic.

Post by Guest »

Oh, god. The least she could do is give away a H Bastia coin purse. That’s so tacky she’s giving away her garbage. She’s just as cheap as Elle Florence. :rofl:

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”