Mel in Melbourne

physio
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mel in Melbourne

Post by physio »

Just watched her video, an old one - she compared the classic flaps, square mini, rectangular mini, small mini, and medium large. It's actually very informative. Hope she does more videos like that!

finlanddeer
Learner
Learner

Post by finlanddeer »

i cant stand her voice. Its like a very strong and nasally Australian-Asian accented. After watching like 2 mins...its like im out. Im Asian btw

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

finlanddeer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:17 am
i cant stand her voice. Its like a very strong and nasally Australian-Asian accented. After watching like 2 mins...its like im out. Im Asian btw
It's a real try hard phoney accent, much like Chase Amie. However, the gold medal for most annoying voice goes to Lvlovercc in my humble opinion. a :D

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Brizgos wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:36 am
finlanddeer wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:17 am
It's a real try hard phoney accent, much like Chase Amie. However, the gold medal for most annoying voice goes to Lvlovercc in my humble opinion. a :D
I have to agree with this. LVLoverCC has an annoying voice with Chase Amie a close 2nd.

finlanddeer
Learner
Learner

Post by finlanddeer »

I am not too familiar with LVLoverCC...i just checked out her channel. What is her ethnicity and which city/country is she based in? Judging from her accent, somewhere in US or Canada?

Post by Guest »

finlanddeer wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:44 pm
I am not too familiar with LVLoverCC...i just checked out her channel. What is her ethnicity and which city/country is she based in? Judging from her accent, somewhere in US or Canada?
From South Korea now living in the US.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

Mel with another Hermes haul. Is she trying to outdo lvlovercc? This obsession with rodeos is just insane . The jelly mini 20 might suit her young daughter because it looks ridiculous on her .

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

If i am not mistaken this new video "hermes haul" it is from stuff she bought it in Hawaii.

It is been months that she was in hawaii, why she is putting them up now. She did other hawaii shopping haul before.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

There are a few things that she said on the video that really made me realise that she is just a hoarder at this point.
- She said that Hawaii is not just a great shopping place but also there are other things like restaurants etc.
( Are you kidding me? Hawaii is not a place to go just for shopping, the place is well known for the beautiful beaches and places to visit, not shopping. What a silly comment)

- She bought more rodeos ... can she be any more predictable? We are talking about a 40yo women who keeps buying the same charms over and over.

- When she unboxed her kelly mini she said the main reason she got it is because it is a really hard to get bag. Seriously who buys a bag just because it is hard to get. Ok just because it is hard to get I will buy it. What a hoarder mentality.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

At this stage I have lost all the respect I had for her as this is an obsessive compulsive behaviour.

She bought stuff she might never use or she might even resell later, she only bought because it would be hard to get.

I feel sorry for people who seeks validation all the time by buying stuff like she does.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

What was the unicorn alert for? If anything is a unicorn now then nothing is a unicorn.
See these people (Mel, Jerusha, Caitlin, Erica...) squee like teenage girls is just... cringe.

sfcoconut
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sfcoconut »

luxuryobserver wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 am
As the previous commentators mentioned, there is a lot of strong evidence to suggest that Mel is just upper middle class. For the past 2 years that she has had her YT channel, her subscribers have constantly asked for a "closet tour" video. She would just respond by stating that it was on her list of to-dos.

I strongly believe at this point, she just doesn't want to show her subscribers at best that she doesn't have a basic reach-in-closet however over $50,000 in Birkins and Kellys alone. Proving the point that she is truly not rich, but someone who is merely obsessed with labels. I will say, even as raggedy as Shea Whitney's closet was, she still showed it off.

It is not about privacy, but not wanting to spend $2-$3k on a basic closet upgrade on the low -end. However, will spend $6,000 on a YSL jacket (in her newest haul). Sad really.
It's up to her whether she wants to show or not to show her closet, she is not obligated to do so. And how she prioritizes her spend has absolute nothing to do with any of us. It's unnecessary to be cynical about middle class buying $50k Hermes, it seems she collected over the years and she is having fun to do so. Hermes or luxury goods are not made only for the Ultra Rich, it's silly to use a brand as a tool to divide the class and size of wealth. Just let people have their fun, life is short!

Lululemlin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lululemlin »

I tolerate Mel more than most luxury youtubers but her latest video was just a 20 minute ad for that ugly senreve bag what the fuck

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

sfcoconut wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:26 pm
luxuryobserver wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 am
As the previous commentators mentioned, there is a lot of strong evidence to suggest that Mel is just upper middle class. For the past 2 years that she has had her YT channel, her subscribers have constantly asked for a "closet tour" video. She would just respond by stating that it was on her list of to-dos.

I strongly believe at this point, she just doesn't want to show her subscribers at best that she doesn't have a basic reach-in-closet however over $50,000 in Birkins and Kellys alone. Proving the point that she is truly not rich, but someone who is merely obsessed with labels. I will say, even as raggedy as Shea Whitney's closet was, she still showed it off.

It is not about privacy, but not wanting to spend $2-$3k on a basic closet upgrade on the low -end. However, will spend $6,000 on a YSL jacket (in her newest haul). Sad really.
It's up to her whether she wants to show or not to show her closet, she is not obligated to do so. And how she prioritizes her spend has absolute nothing to do with any of us. It's unnecessary to be cynical about middle class buying $50k Hermes, it seems she collected over the years and she is having fun to do so. Hermes or luxury goods are not made only for the Ultra Rich, it's silly to use a brand as a tool to divide the class and size of wealth. Just let people have their fun, life is short!

Perhaps you are on the wrong thread though. We do discuss whatever we feel like it here. Mel spending habits and the fact that she is a hoarder is just a few of the topics here.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Lululemlin wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:58 pm
I tolerate Mel more than most luxury youtubers but her latest video was just a 20 minute ad for that ugly senreve bag what the fuck
There are far worst youtubers out there but lately i feel like she is trying to keep up or maybe she thinks that by doing hauls all the time she will get more subscribers.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

Lululemlin wrote:
I was actually kind of excited to see what bag it was and how she was going to do the tests, but when I saw in the preview that it was that god damn Senreve bag I didn't even bother watching the video to see her attempt to damage it.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

lowkeylaurie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 am
Lululemlin wrote:
I was actually kind of excited to see what bag it was and how she was going to do the tests, but when I saw in the preview that it was that god damn Senreve bag I didn't even bother watching the video to see her attempt to damage it.
YouTube keeps pushing that video for me too and I knew without watching it would be that Senreve bullsh*t. It looks like plastic no matter how much she and other youtubers try and push it.

Chase Aime used it on her trip to Japan - she wore it on her shoulder and the straps come from the back of the back so it looked bulky and cheap looking. (I don’t usually watch her but I wanted to see the luxury consignment stores she went to.)

gossipkitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossipkitten »

How about blatantly stealing someone else's bag photo and posting it in her recent H haul video, and no credit given? Got called out by the owner of the image and proceeded to giving a "sorry not sorry" response to justify her laziness and entitlement... here is the instagram chat transcript obtained:
IMG_9817.jpg
IMG_9818.jpg
IMG_9819.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gossipkitten on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

gossipkitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossipkitten »

IMG_9820.jpg
IMG_9821.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gossipkitten on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

gossipkitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossipkitten »

owner of the image responded with the following -
IMG_9822.jpg
IMG_9823.jpg
IMG_9824.jpg

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”