socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

heyyyjune

Post by socialight »

Her channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/heyyyjune

She's from Australia, I've been watching her for a while and I really enjoy her makeup and style videos. Have you heard of her?

SarahB
Learner
Learner

Re: heyyyjune

Post by SarahB »

Yay ! I never thought there would be a thread dedicated to June ! I've been looking for it everywhere !

I like her style. She's definitely very stylish. Her hair is gorgeous.
As for the makeup skills, it depends on the video. Sometimes, I don't her like her makeup video because there's way too much going on on the eyes area. But overall, she's great :)

And she's actually one of the very few gurus who has a proper career outside of Youtube.
She's doing medicine. It's great to see that she's not relying on Youtube only :) Smart girl.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

I like her style videos a lot. Her makeup is bit sloppy, especially on the eyes but overall she's one of the rare genuine people on youtube!

kyaraslife
Informer
Informer

Post by kyaraslife »

I love this girl, but there is something that rubbed me off the wrong way about her. She made such a deal about wanting to find a Chanel bag that was made in the same year as her birth year. It being her first Chanel bag, i can understand her thought process, but now she is selling it? At the time she bought it second hand she claimed she was never gonna sell it and how sentimental it is to her. I think i am just shocked she just decided to sell it with no explanation what so ever.

She has also ventured into vintage gucci and Fendi bags and i do not think they look good on her. But each to their own.

muppetsnuffit
Learner
Learner

Post by muppetsnuffit »

June is addicted to shopping and I get the feeling she is not satisfied with her job. She turned me off in a christmas blog of hers in 2016 when she complained about having to work in the birthing ward saying that she didn't 'want to look at vaginas all day'. I mean, she's a doctor but she hasn't matured enough to a) accept the anatomy of the human body and the birthing process and b) keep it professional and keep her thoughts to herself especially on Youtube! No wonder her supervisor around that time had told her she wasn't professional enough. She was quite upset about that.

Besides this, I think she's harmless and not mean. I just sense she has complexes about being Asian in Australia together with coming from a relatively large family. Hence the white boyfriend and the desire to not have children. Sad.

muppetsnuffit
Learner
Learner

Post by muppetsnuffit »

kyaraslife wrote:I love this girl, but there is something that rubbed me off the wrong way about her. She made such a deal about wanting to find a Chanel bag that was made in the same year as her birth year. It being her first Chanel bag, i can understand her thought process, but now she is selling it? At the time she bought it second hand she claimed she was never gonna sell it and how sentimental it is to her. I think i am just shocked she just decided to sell it with no explanation what so ever.

She has also ventured into vintage gucci and Fendi bags and i do not think they look good on her. But each to their own.
Branching off this... these luxury-bag-buyer-youtubers buy so many handbags in quick succession and quickly tire of those 'extra-special-will-never-sell' ones. I don't believe them any more when they say these type of things in their newer videos and have grown tired of watching and keeping track of what they buy and sell. They're all just shopping addicts trying to fill a void in their life with all these purchases but, of course, unable to and on to the next purchase and thus, the cycle continues.

Post by Guest »

muppetsnuffit wrote:June is addicted to shopping and I get the feeling she is not satisfied with her job. She turned me off in a christmas blog of hers in 2016 when she complained about having to work in the birthing ward saying that she didn't 'want to look at vaginas all day'. I mean, she's a doctor but she hasn't matured enough to a) accept the anatomy of the human body and the birthing process and b) keep it professional and keep her thoughts to herself especially on Youtube! No wonder her supervisor around that time had told her she wasn't professional enough. She was quite upset about that.

Besides this, I think she's harmless and not mean. I just sense she has complexes about being Asian in Australia together with coming from a relatively large family. Hence the white boyfriend and the desire to not have children. Sad.
Whhhhaaa...??? That's the first I heard of that. How unprofessional, I can't believe she said that! :o

I agree with you; I think she is harmless and not mean. But there is definitely something about her that annoys me and I can't put my finger on it. I cannot subscribe to her channel for that reason. I think part of my annoyance with her is that she buys so much and after obsessing about the bag for a few weeks, she ends up getting another one. There is no end to her buying! That and she talks way too much in her videos and the way she talks is so annoying to me.

Also, this is going to sound really mean but in a lot of photos she tries to look sexy but they end up looking horrible. I can't take her seriously when I see some of them. When she sits with her legs open, it just looks sloppy.

I really want to like her because she is a doctor and seems super smart and nice but I can't with her.

cristina85
Learner
Learner

Post by cristina85 »

Someone knows how she can afford all these high brand bags??? I think it is imposible for a medicine student and with a youtube channel barely updated

kyaraslife
Informer
Informer

Post by kyaraslife »

The amount of bags, shoes etc she constantly buys is seriously concerning. That amount of consumerism is nothing but disturbing, alarming and unnecessary.

Three new/preloved Chanel bags in one video. Seriously why? How many Chanels does a single person need?

Does anyone know if she is still with her boyfriend/partner? Someone commented that her boyfriend is white and she did not want any kids. Curious to know if that is true.

I am not sure if she is insecure about her ethnicity and culture, but she does not dress like a woman who is almost 30.

I used to really like watching her videos, but recently I feel like she is not authentic anymore. It is quite sad.

Post by Guest »

Honestly I don’t know if she feels insecure about her culture, unless I missed this in her vlogs and videos. I don’t know about race relations in Australia, so I very well wouldn’t understand or missed the cues that may have reflected insecurity or ambivalence. I’m not sure if the bf is white, although I’m assuming he may be, but honestly, I don’t really care to know.

What I do know is that she has said that she doesn’t want kids. It was an older video a few years back, I believe.

I’m second generation Asian American, and honestly, I was initially excited watching June because she is Filipino and seemed like a goal oriented, hardworking medical student. I can also relate with not wanting children, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with my being ashamed of my culture. Alas she started to grate on my nerves and I couldn’t watch her anymore. June has become like the rest of these “luxury” youtubers who buy too much and without putting much thought into their purchases. That and I can’t stand how she dresses and poses in her Instagram...

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

Does anyone know what kind of doctor she is? Is she actually a doctor doctor or... because I feel like she went from being in med school to randomly saying she's a doctor without going through any of the rotational residencies or a residency in general, or maybe it's different in Australia...

I don't think she's insecure about her ethnicity. She seems to deeply love her family and their culture together and have no problems vlogging and showing them off on her Insta stories.

kyaraslife
Informer
Informer

Post by kyaraslife »

She is a GP from what I gather. I think she is still in training? I am not entirely sure. She is less authentic because of how much she purchases, just to keep up with others like Mel in Melbourne and Jerusha Couture.

She has always kept her relationship private, but has been going on about how hard life has has been over the past couple of months, etc (On instagram), She has mentioned she is going through something major but has never disclosed anything.

In my opinion, this is what had made it difficult to relate to her. She over compensates and buys things left and right and it feels so forced.

Her life is quite sad from what i gather, and i wouldnt want to be her. Its a shame cause I looked up to her during her uni/early days.

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

I was a huge fan of her channel when she was in college (I was in college too at the time). She was rather relatable and her fashion sense was great.

However, her focus on "luxury" items after coming back from hiatus has been slightly over the top. You can't relate to someone who buys 3 Chanel bags per month. Granted, these are mostly second hand, but they're still expensive nonetheless.

She advised at some point that she had not left the country for 5 years, due to her "luxury" spending ... I can understand that now that she is making money, she wants to treat herself especially after all these years of hard work, but putting all your money into luxury handbags that are going to remain in your closet is a huge waste of money.

She could have easily saved up towards a buying a condo or a few trips per year with all the amount of money she's spending on these bags. I think she needs to work on her financial priorities. She still lives with roommates yet spends thousands of $ per month on material items. Given she is a doctor, I'm very surprised that she took such a materialistic turn in the past few years. Indeed, it could be she is compensating for some kind of insecurity, but being countless Chanel or LV items is not a evidence of success.

For those asking about the rotations/residency ... she took a long break from Youtube a few years back (probably 1.5 year of something) during which she did her residency/rotation in the UK.

I don't like to speculate on people's private life, but I have a feeling that the rough time she went through in 2018 was either due to her exams (since she never confirmed passing/failing) or perhaps parting ways with her boyfriend.

She reminds me of this someone I work with who spends more than she earns on luxury items and grandiose trips. Everything she buys is from both her salary & credit card. She's admitted to having no savings. This girl I work with is incredibly insecure and it's something you can feel instantly despite her being over the top to pretend she's got it all together. Clearly, both must be compensating for an inner void.

mustlovedogs
Learner
Learner

Post by mustlovedogs »

I've just recently discovered her and she seems like a sweet girl but her attitude in her latest video (Chanel&Dior unboxing) was so OTT. Like I get it, you are excited about your new items but come onnnnn, they are just things. I thought it was kinda disgusting how much of an orgasm she had over them. Don't get me wrong, I love luxury items but she was either faking it for the camera or she's got major issues.
Another thing that bothers me in every single video is the fact that she's always looking at the viewfinder instead of the lens/at the viewers. It's okay to do it every once in a while to check if you're in focus but she does it non stop. It comes across as super narcissistic.

physio
Learner
Learner

Post by physio »

She buys too much, but maybe she needs to, so she'd have content in her channel.

There's something I don't like about her. I can't pinpoint what it is.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

LOUIS VUITTON COLLECTIVE HAUL! *RAMBLY*: the bum bag, the mini backpack, the cannes cylinder bag... So much money on trendy bags she won't care in a couple months / years...

Mysterious_Fairy
Learner
Learner

Post by Mysterious_Fairy »

AsiaB wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:57 am

You can't relate to someone who buys 3 Chanel bags per month. Granted, these are mostly second hand, but they're still expensive nonetheless.

She advised at some point that she had not left the country for 5 years, due to her "luxury" spending ... I can understand that now that she is making money, she wants to treat herself especially after all these years of hard work, but putting all your money into luxury handbags that are going to remain in your closet is a huge waste of money.
She stated that she can afford her passion- Luxury bags because:

a) She never goes to the hairdresser.

b) She never has her nails done

c) She never has facials

d) She never eats out.

d) She never goes out drinking except for coffee.

f) She never goes on outings- or pleasure trips.

g) And that she doesn't travel overseas.

And she admitted to wasting huge amounts of money before she had a 'Budget'
because she didn't even realize she still had a Gym membership because she had
moved interstate, so didn't check her credit card statements, therefore lost
$Thousands of $$$ in the process.

So at least she doesn't seem to spend cash elsewhere, so can afford her luxury
items. But really , she doesn't post very often any longer- only 3 or 4 videos
last year I think. Then she seemed to have a sponsor in SHOPBACK but I don't
think she stated that the video was even sponsored. So maybe she makes her
extra $$$ that way?

She seems invested somehow in the stock-market as well I noticed- and also
wish she would correct her pronunciation - Something NOT SomethinK !

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”