Mel in Melbourne

cdol
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mel in Melbourne

Post by cdol »

truedet3ctiv3 wrote:Only got to page 6 of this thread so not sure if anyone figured this out yet but pretty sure this is her: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melinda-ch- ... bdomain=au

-Name: Melinda and lives in Melb
-Went to Monash (confirmed in one of her vids)
-Looks like she was maybe a buyer for GE for a while and went back to finance, she worked at big 4 right after graduation
-Now a CFO for real estate private equity firm

Last name is so unique I tried finding her husband but no dice. No one who graduated at the right time or works in health.

CFO at a private equity firm is probably pretty lucrative. It wouldn't surprise me if Mel is the breadwinner but if her husband makes equal or more than her they probably do make a lot of money.. enough to afford their lifestyle for sure esp with passive investments they have accumulated over the years (she did mention these passive investments in her QA vid). I am sure one of their parents came from money as well making all of this 10x easier as they had a head start compared to most people.

She definitely has been starting to annoy me which is why I found this thread but I do think she is actually rich. This realization annoys me even more, lol. Doesn't surprise me she is doing giveaways w actual garbage. Rich people can sometimes be the cheapest and most selfish.

I know a lot of people think that most rich people are like "millionaire next door" but not really. They are human just like us and therefore have a wide spectrum of traits and personalities. She just happens to be the kind that flaunts her wealth excessively. I have family members just like this unfortunately.
That isn’t her, different last name.

Her husband is a physiotherapist. Not sure if it’s his own company though.

I don’t think she’s old money, cause I remember her telling her story from when she was young and it didn’t scream wealth to me.
Her and her husband both invested early and i feel like her money comes from a mix of property, social media and shares.

I was just watching Bling Empire and you can tell that Anna (old money) doesn’t care about showing off and is very giving/generous whereas Christine who is new money is constantly competing and showing off. To me, Mel is like a Christine, always wanting to show that she can afford expensive things and flaunts it for all to see.

truedet3ctiv3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Mel in Melbourne

Post by truedet3ctiv3 »

Oh interesting. What is her last name?

i saw that someone in the thread said he is a physiotherapist. Has this been confirmed by a real source?

I don't think she is the one from old money either. I do remember the story of her having 6 siblings. But could easily be her husbands side of the family.

I haven't watched Bling Empire yet but I want to! Yeah, Mel could be that new money kind of person. From my first hand experience some people with old money act just like Mel though. It's strange but it definitely happens.

cdol
Talker
Talker

Post by cdol »

truedet3ctiv3 wrote:Oh interesting. What is her last name?

i saw that someone in the thread said he is a physiotherapist. Has this been confirmed by a real source?

I don't think she is the one from old money either. I do remember the story of her having 6 siblings. But could easily be her husbands side of the family.

I haven't watched Bling Empire yet but I want to! Yeah, Mel could be that new money kind of person. From my first hand experience some people with old money act just like Mel though. It's strange but it definitely happens.
His photo is on the physio website that i happened to come across so whilst Mel hasn’t shown his actual face on her channel, you can tell that it’s him by his features alone.
Also, i found Mel’s last name from an event she attended a while back, as they included it underneath her pic on Google.

Oh i see! I don’t know many that are born rich but the only 1 person i know that comes to mind is this lady that I’ve been told likes to buy/move/sell/renovate properties often and always pays in cash Image wouldn’t that be a dream!

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

cdol wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:46 am
truedet3ctiv3 wrote:Oh interesting. What is her last name?

His photo is on the physio website that i happened to come across so whilst Mel hasn’t shown his actual face on her channel, you can tell that it’s him by his features alone.
Also, i found Mel’s last name from an event she attended a while back, as they included it underneath her pic on Google.

Oh i see! I don’t know many that are born rich but the only 1 person i know that comes to mind is this lady that I’ve been told likes to buy/move/sell/renovate properties often and always pays in cash Image wouldn’t that be a dream!
Her late Mother in law left her some diamond jewelry and LV bags. I think her husband's family is old money. So young Mel, coming from a middle-class background, found herself a big, fat wealthy pigeon. She then got pregnant "by accident" at 19, and being "good catholics", she and him got married. Now she's set for life!

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

In the grand scheme of things they don't appear to be that wealthy though, sure she has a lot of bags, but there's nothing else that 'proves' their wealth, for lack of a better term. And she only just recently got her first fully exotic piece, a lizard mini Chanel. Let's see if she ever gets anything fully exotic from Hermes. I highly doubt she ever will, it literally costs the price of a cheaper option Mercedes.

physio
Learner
Learner

Post by physio »

So many bags!

truedet3ctiv3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by truedet3ctiv3 »

Lol Mel giving away her FREE red envelopes again. She appears to be one of the most popular luxury youtubers yet her giveaways are laughable. At least Isabella Style and Jerusha have given away actual items with monetary value. Mel seems greedy and cheap.

corgibutt
Stalker
Stalker

Post by corgibutt »

Parasaurolophus wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:18 am
cdol wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:46 am

Her late Mother in law left her some diamond jewelry and LV bags. I think her husband's family is old money. So young Mel, coming from a middle-class background, found herself a big, fat wealthy pigeon. She then got pregnant "by accident" at 19, and being "good catholics", she and him got married. Now she's set for life!
Agreed. I suspect it’s definitely an inheritance. She mentioned once that her MIL gave her various expensive artifices including a vintage Rolex. There’s a lot of hints that her in law family has/had money and her and her husband must have received an inheritance. Which is all well and good but I wish she was upfront about it.

ZenCat
Informer
Informer

Post by ZenCat »

I found her husband too by googling her last name and his occupation. Their kids definitely both look like him more than her imo. He owns his own allied health business which is generally lucrative but not how she spends. I would also say he has family money since he went to a private school from K to 12.... She really landed herself the lifestyle even if that meant having a baby at 19. I wonder how their marriage really is.

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”