Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by as3675 »

Emergency department/Emergency medicine

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

So if you don’t get the score that you want on Step does that mean Puneet has ruined her chances to get into derm speciality? I’m genuinely asking because IDK anything about how med school works tho. Or does she still have a chance if there’s another Step exam in her next year? Couldn’t she just re take Step too? And she has research under her belt but again idk how it works. I guess it makes sense if she’s looking at other options but Derm seemed like something she really wanted.

Also somewhat unrelated but there’s not a thread on her - Erim Kaur’s tweet about how running a business is so hard makes me roll my eyes. Like she’s a social media influencer for a living, taking photos and doing your makeup is not hard at all. And yeah no one said running a business is easy but she only sells one product and has all the time to focus on it and she has a team. Maybe I’m being salty but that’s not a lot of work IMO compared to running a bigger business (a lot of influencers have side hustles) or idk going into a traditional stem career. Like Christina Villegas a stripper and influencer does all that - posts on Instagram and has a dancewear clothing line but doesn’t complain about it.

bananaturtle
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by bananaturtle »

If guru gossip doesn’t want people to be posting links to discords and websites maybe they should work on making this website not crash every other day 🤨 they need to get their sh*t together

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

wildturtle wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:17 am
So if you don’t get the score that you want on Step does that mean Puneet has ruined her chances to get into derm speciality? I’m genuinely asking because IDK anything about how med school works tho. Or does she still have a chance if there’s another Step exam in her next year? Couldn’t she just re take Step too? And she has research under her belt but again idk how it works. I guess it makes sense if she’s looking at other options but Derm seemed like something she really wanted.
You cannot retake Step 1 unless you failed. Some people can redeem themselves with a really good Step 2 exam (usually taken at the end of 3rd year of medical school). Research and networking can work wonders in a small field like dermatology.
I'm jaded about derm gunners- I think more med students like the idea of being a dermatologist than actually enjoy the field and tend to fall out of love once they decide that it's no longer attainable. Clearly we don't know what her score was, so maybe it could still be on the table for her. Time will tell. But from my observations, some people will distance themselves from it once they rotate in another specialty they also like (that is less competitive).

classytikkamasala
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by classytikkamasala »

wildturtle wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:17 am
Also somewhat unrelated but there’s not a thread on her - Erim Kaur’s tweet about how running a business is so hard makes me roll my eyes. Like she’s a social media influencer for a living, taking photos and doing your makeup is not hard at all. And yeah no one said running a business is easy but she only sells one product and has all the time to focus on it and she has a team. Maybe I’m being salty but that’s not a lot of work IMO compared to running a bigger business (a lot of influencers have side hustles) or idk going into a traditional stem career. Like Christina Villegas a stripper and influencer does all that - posts on Instagram and has a dancewear clothing line but doesn’t complain about it.
Here’s the thread for erim viewtopic.php?t=37718

bananaturtle
Talker
Talker

Post by bananaturtle »

Not sure what year she’s stuck in but no one cares about / wants to see fashion Nova hauls anymore Puneet.. that and the orange eyeshadow look is something she needs to grow out of and actually evolve her channel. No point in listing it in the weekly accomplishments tik toks she does if it’s a shit dying channel lol

luxebabe22
Learner
Learner

Post by luxebabe22 »

Here we go again with the poorly edited waist 🙄
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sukia
Learner
Learner

Post by Sukia »

Hi, a newbie lurker here.

I stumbled across one of her latest videos with her brother where they comment on racist remarks made by another youtuber... the topic is very important and the information they gave was valuable, but I could not stand watching her obviously eye fucking herself in the lower right corner screen every 0.5 seconds...

This is an incredibly privileged girl, not just financially, but also in terms of family support and professional connections and it's honestly disappointing that she turns it into shilling trash clothes and recording pathetic tiktoks.

Also the oldest brother hiding the fact that he's a DO for the longest time while trying to be some kind of semi woke and aspirational micro influencer... wtf

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

I wish she would stop editing her waist it’s fine if you don’t have a super defined or tiny waist. You’ll still look great without it. Most women do not have that tiny 23 inch Alexis Ren waist I swear even if you’re stick skinny you can’t change your body shape like that.

Puneetlookslikeshit
Talker
Talker

Post by Puneetlookslikeshit »

Her dancing on tik tok is awkward and cringey af for me.

Also has anyone noticed she stopped mentioning her interest in derm lately? Sounds like she didn't get the Step score she was hoping for, otherwise she would never shut up about it 😂😂😂

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

Puneetlookslikeshit wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:41 pm
Her dancing on tik tok is awkward and cringey af for me.

Also has anyone noticed she stopped mentioning her interest in derm lately? Sounds like she didn't get the Step score she was hoping for, otherwise she would never shut up about it 😂😂😂
Yeah I noticed that too. Not gonna lie, that kind of bothers me if she's going to give up on dermatology that easily especially considering how passionate she seemed about it. Idk, I don't like when people quit. I'm sure she's looking at back-up options now but she still has a good shot of getting into derm if she does well on her Step 2 exam and continues to network and do research in that field.

leopardmuffin
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by leopardmuffin »

She still mentions derm in videos on the MedBros channel, idk why she hasn't mentioned it on her own channel. She said she still can only see herself doing derm

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

bananaturtle wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:43 pm
Not sure what year she’s stuck in but no one cares about / wants to see fashion Nova hauls anymore Puneet.. that and the orange eyeshadow look is something she needs to grow out of and actually evolve her channel. No point in listing it in the weekly accomplishments tik toks she does if it’s a shit dying channel lol

Wait, didn’t she say she’s no longer going to take sponsorships from fashion nova?? I don’t remember what video she said it in but I remember her saying it in a sponsored video being like this was signed and accepted before the controversy came out so contractually, I’m still obliged to put this video out blah blah. I don’t remember what the controversy was though. Was it cuz of a poor response regarding BLM? Or they aren’t paying their workers fair wages like the whole Kylie not paying her Bangladeshi workers thing that came out?? I don’t remember anymore.

Puneetlookslikeshit
Talker
Talker

Post by Puneetlookslikeshit »

Yes, she's definitely said she won't be doing Fashion Nova hauls anymore but given her record, she has no integrity whatsoever. She says one thing but does the opposite. Just like when she "canceled" James Charles but then came out with a video about the cancel culture. When people called her out about her video, she took it down and acted like she never said "James Charles is canceled." Like how shady is that. She does the sketchiest stuff, but constantly wants to judge others for the same things she does. Always acting like she's knows better than them.
Irada_3112 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:47 am
bananaturtle wrote:

Wait, didn’t she say she’s no longer going to take sponsorships from fashion nova?? I don’t remember what video she said it in but I remember her saying it in a sponsored video being like this was signed and accepted before the controversy came out so contractually, I’m still obliged to put this video out blah blah. I don’t remember what the controversy was though. Was it cuz of a poor response regarding BLM? Or they aren’t paying their workers fair wages like the whole Kylie not paying her Bangladeshi workers thing that came out?? I don’t remember anymore.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

Puneetlookslikeshit wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:31 am
Yes, she's definitely said she won't be doing Fashion Nova hauls anymore but given her record, she has no integrity whatsoever. She says one thing but does the opposite. Just like when she "canceled" James Charles but then came out with a video about the cancel culture. When people called her out about her video, she took it down and acted like she never said "James Charles is canceled." Like how shady is that. She does the sketchiest stuff, but constantly wants to judge others for the same things she does. Always acting like she's knows better than them.
Irada_3112 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:47 am
bananaturtle wrote:

I’m too lazy to watch her videos anymore but wow if she really did that that’s pathetic. I never watched her original “James Charles is cancelled” video. So it’s not there anymore to go watch? I just might have lol. I can’t believe she even bothered to put in her 2 cents on that bs, it was already pathetic enough when these “big” drama channels interjected themselves into it and here she is a nobody in the grand scheme of things.

I have no idea where she stands on the spectrum when it comes to ethical fashion consumption but she can stop right now if she’s thinking about pushing a “thrift more often you guys!!!” narrative in the future. It’s not just fashion nova but basically all the Indian wear IG brands she works with follow the same formula; dupe celeb wear using cheaper materials, produce en masse, probably pay their workers close to nothing and make the workers work in terrible conditions, etc.
I think she’s fine with fast fashion because it gives her less work to do when it comes to getting dressed up which fits right in with her med student schedule. She doesn’t have to worry about going shopping as often or not having a certain pair of jeans in her closet or whatever. She already has everything she needs and it was all given to her for free. Her bank account is happy, she gets to wear trendy shit even if it looks tacky, and she doesn’t have to spend time putting together outfits.

luxebabe22
Learner
Learner

Post by luxebabe22 »

Anyone see her photo with her overly edited butt?

embarazzing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by embarazzing »

Why fitness influencers, if she can even be called that, edit their bodies I will never know. Won't the viewers eventually see your body in action? Her latest picture is so off from her actual body that it can't even be said to be just a good angle.
Also, can her followers not piece together that her "men suck" posts are usually just her not-so-subtle jabs at her (ex) boyfriend? She tries to come off as mature and inspiring, but the slightest thing happens in her love / family life and she shows her true petty colours for all to see. (Btw, I'm referring to her Tik Tok about how "even though it's just been one day" her mom walks around the house all day talking about how Puneet can do better)

embarazzing
Lurker
Lurker

Post by embarazzing »

Why fitness influencers, if she can even be called that, edit their bodies I will never know. Won't the viewers eventually see your body in action? Her latest picture is so off from her actual body that it can't even be said to be just a good angle.
Also, can her followers not piece together that her "men suck" posts are usually just her not-so-subtle jabs at her (ex) boyfriend? She tries to come off as mature and inspiring, but the slightest thing happens in her love / family life and she shows her true petty colours for all to see. (Btw, I'm referring to her Tik Tok about how "even though it's just been one day" her mom walks around the house all day talking about how Puneet can do better)

luxebabe22
Learner
Learner

Post by luxebabe22 »

embarazzing wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 pm
Her form and techniques should definitely be improved because she’s gonna have a bad back and knees in the long run. I wouldn’t have posted that fitness video tbh without carefully assessing my form because it just looked painful to watch. I’m a lifter and I’ve created a fitness page and I would toss out hours of work out videos especially if my form was incorrect. I can lift as heavy as Puneet, but would opt to lower down my weight for safety and good form instead of flexing how heavy I can go. I think it’s ridiculous to start a fitness journey when she’s been called out for editing her figure I’m beginning to think that she’s developing body dysmorphia because her videos give her away a lot.

As for her “break-up”, I bet you her mom doesn’t even know anything and has never said anything to her about it LOL it’s just her trying to boost her ego and act savage when all it does is show how immature she is. She’s what, 24 now or something and she’s still on the shade my ex on social media trend. You’re a medical professional it’s tacky to see you act like a 16 year old over a boy.

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”