Kaur Beauty

Post Reply
simwalked
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by simwalked » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 am

Her face in every instagram photo is 2-3 shades lighter than her neck and chest. And you can clearly see the lightness of her concealer because there's a sharp line from the corner of her eye to the side of her eyebrow. So much for being a makeup youtuber. Yikes.

Drop_truths
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Drop_truths » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:25 am

simwalked wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 am
Her face in every instagram photo is 2-3 shades lighter than her neck and chest. And you can clearly see the lightness of her concealer because there's a sharp line from the corner of her eye to the side of her eyebrow. So much for being a makeup youtuber. Yikes.
it’s funny because Arshia Moorjani took a couple pics where her concealer sort of looked like that. She pretty much made a PSA saying her concealer let her down that night, etc. Whereas Puneet actually thinks it’s a good look and keeps posting pics where her concealer is jacked up. I mean come on, her face legit doesn’t match her body
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 am

Drop_truths wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:25 am
simwalked wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 am
Her face in every instagram photo is 2-3 shades lighter than her neck and chest. And you can clearly see the lightness of her concealer because there's a sharp line from the corner of her eye to the side of her eyebrow. So much for being a makeup youtuber. Yikes.
it’s funny because Arshia Moorjani took a couple pics where her concealer sort of looked like that. She pretty much made a PSA saying her concealer let her down that night, etc. Whereas Puneet actually thinks it’s a good look and keeps posting pics where her concealer is jacked up. I mean come on, her face legit doesn’t match her body

I thought of arshia’s stories talking down on that concealer when I see puneet’s pics too haha! She’s had people in the comments point out how her face and neck and arms/hands don’t match and she made that one video where she sorta addressed it being like we’re brown our skin tone isn’t always the same on every inch of our body blah blah. Ok and that addresses what we’re saying about you how??? Doesn’t mean you make your face paler than the rest of you.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am

She made a story the other day saying how skincare products from certain influencers/companies is nothing but an obvious money grab sometimes and even doctors besides actual dermatologists don’t know enough about skin to be giving out skincare advice. So going by that logic, doesn’t that make her unqualified to make videos about things like halo beauty and how that’ll affect the skin? cuz she’s also just a med student right now, not a legit practicing MD.

kimsin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by kimsin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm

Irada_3112 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am
She made a story the other day saying how skincare products from certain influencers/companies is nothing but an obvious money grab sometimes and even doctors besides actual dermatologists don’t know enough about skin to be giving out skincare advice. So going by that logic, doesn’t that make her unqualified to make videos about things like halo beauty and how that’ll affect the skin? cuz she’s also just a med student right now, not a legit practicing MD.
I saw that story and was wondering who she was referring to..it seemed personal and specifically targeted towards maybe the beverly hills plastic surgeons. I know Nassif from botched just started his line of skincare. I think her story was more directed towards "professionals" fooling the public to make them think they're qualified to sell an overpriced rubbish moisturizer. That's a correlation I disagree with - she's not selling anything to her audience, they can click out if they don't want to believe her versus these nurses who are fooling consumers to think they are qualified enough to know what's good for skin despite not going to the 8 years of schooling required for dermatology. I never understood the hate for those videos of hers...halo beauty is a supplement with basic biology ingredients...and she used rock solid papers for her research (which i absolutely stan and we need more of that in the beauty community!!) "just a med student" is far better than the trash big youtubers we have online right now lol i'll take it and support her for trying her best!

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:12 pm

kimsin wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm
Irada_3112 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am
She made a story the other day saying how skincare products from certain influencers/companies is nothing but an obvious money grab sometimes and even doctors besides actual dermatologists don’t know enough about skin to be giving out skincare advice. So going by that logic, doesn’t that make her unqualified to make videos about things like halo beauty and how that’ll affect the skin? cuz she’s also just a med student right now, not a legit practicing MD.
I saw that story and was wondering who she was referring to..it seemed personal and specifically targeted towards maybe the beverly hills plastic surgeons. I know Nassif from botched just started his line of skincare. I think her story was more directed towards "professionals" fooling the public to make them think they're qualified to sell an overpriced rubbish moisturizer. That's a correlation I disagree with - she's not selling anything to her audience, they can click out if they don't want to believe her versus these nurses who are fooling consumers to think they are qualified enough to know what's good for skin despite not going to the 8 years of schooling required for dermatology. I never understood the hate for those videos of hers...halo beauty is a supplement with basic biology ingredients...and she used rock solid papers for her research (which i absolutely stan and we need more of that in the beauty community!!) "just a med student" is far better than the trash big youtubers we have online right now lol i'll take it and support her for trying her best!

It did seem like specific shade. I agree if she was shading like, youtubers who come out with skincare lines who aren’t chemists or dermatologists (lol anyone remember best damn beauty from Nicole Guerriero), cuz ya, they don’t be knowing shit and sell their shit for hella money. Same thing goes for some celebs who also do skincare lines without consulting dermatologists, in which case, again I also agree. I’m just saying, there’s probably someone out there who could misconstrue what she said and apply the logic to her own videos she’s done on reviewing the Mario bedescu drying lotion, Kylie’s stupid ass walnut scrub, etc.

kimsin
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by kimsin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:24 pm

Irada_3112 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:12 pm
kimsin wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm
Irada_3112 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:32 am
She made a story the other day saying how skincare products from certain influencers/companies is nothing but an obvious money grab sometimes and even doctors besides actual dermatologists don’t know enough about skin to be giving out skincare advice. So going by that logic, doesn’t that make her unqualified to make videos about things like halo beauty and how that’ll affect the skin? cuz she’s also just a med student right now, not a legit practicing MD.
I saw that story and was wondering who she was referring to..it seemed personal and specifically targeted towards maybe the beverly hills plastic surgeons. I know Nassif from botched just started his line of skincare. I think her story was more directed towards "professionals" fooling the public to make them think they're qualified to sell an overpriced rubbish moisturizer. That's a correlation I disagree with - she's not selling anything to her audience, they can click out if they don't want to believe her versus these nurses who are fooling consumers to think they are qualified enough to know what's good for skin despite not going to the 8 years of schooling required for dermatology. I never understood the hate for those videos of hers...halo beauty is a supplement with basic biology ingredients...and she used rock solid papers for her research (which i absolutely stan and we need more of that in the beauty community!!) "just a med student" is far better than the trash big youtubers we have online right now lol i'll take it and support her for trying her best!

It did seem like specific shade. I agree if she was shading like, youtubers who come out with skincare lines who aren’t chemists or dermatologists (lol anyone remember best damn beauty from Nicole Guerriero), cuz ya, they don’t be knowing shit and sell their shit for hella money. Same thing goes for some celebs who also do skincare lines without consulting dermatologists, in which case, again I also agree. I’m just saying, there’s probably someone out there who could misconstrue what she said and apply the logic to her own videos she’s done on reviewing the Mario bedescu drying lotion, Kylie’s stupid ass walnut scrub, etc.
Yeah, 100%. I think it applies to everyone jumping on any bandwagon they can find. I'm over everyone trying to just con money out of naive kids begging their parents to let them purchase the latest beautuber's trash

jules4008
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by jules4008 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am

honestly she comes across as very pretentious and arrogant to me, i do not find her very likeable. she doesn't have a humble bone in her body. i follow quite a few med school youtubers but none of them come across as arrogant as she does. i get a "i'm better and smarter than you" vibe from her.

also she is terrible at facetune. its so painfully obvious when she uses it.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

jules4008 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am
honestly she comes across as very pretentious and arrogant to me, i do not find her very likeable. she doesn't have a humble bone in her body. i follow quite a few med school youtubers but none of them come across as arrogant as she does. i get a "i'm better and smarter than you" vibe from her.

also she is terrible at facetune. its so painfully obvious when she uses it.
As unpopular an opinion as this may be, I gotta say I agree. I follow another desi med student who also blogs off to the side (she doesn’t have a YouTube channel tho and isn’t a full on makeup blogger), Sophia charania, who goes to Yale med and she comes off way more down to earth and relatable. And just, idk, more in terms with reality when she talks about things?? And she doesn’t FaceTune her pics to the gods which is also refreshing.

wildturtle
Informer
Informer
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by wildturtle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 am

Irada_3112 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm
jules4008 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 am
honestly she comes across as very pretentious and arrogant to me, i do not find her very likeable. she doesn't have a humble bone in her body. i follow quite a few med school youtubers but none of them come across as arrogant as she does. i get a "i'm better and smarter than you" vibe from her.

also she is terrible at facetune. its so painfully obvious when she uses it.
As unpopular an opinion as this may be, I gotta say I agree. I follow another desi med student who also blogs off to the side (she doesn’t have a YouTube channel tho and isn’t a full on makeup blogger), Sophia charania, who goes to Yale med and she comes off way more down to earth and relatable. And just, idk, more in terms with reality when she talks about things?? And she doesn’t FaceTune her pics to the gods which is also refreshing.

I honestly agree as well. She’s just one of the only popular Indian youtubers who’s in med school. I think because a lot of us are desi on here we follow her for that reason. But she is hard to relate to. And not even because she and her brothers had insane test scores, they just all come across as pretentious, humble braggers and like the elites of med school or something. I’m still going to follow them because seeing their lives motivates me to work harder, but you can’t really relate to them compared to other study bloggers or med school youtubers who are candid about how tough it is and show their off days, and are honest when things aren’t going so great. There’s this Youtuber couple JaneandJady who I enjoy watching because Jane has spoken candidly about how tough rotations were for her and it was just a refreshing and honest conversation.

I also feel like Puneet always shows the picture perfect aspects of her world and makes it look easy, and really likes the fact that people view her as someone to look up to.

also supports fast fashion she can do better.

wildturtle
Informer
Informer
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by wildturtle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:52 am

Please excuse my grammar btw I typed that half asleep and don’t pay attention to sentence structure on forums ^

simwalked
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by simwalked » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Where do I even start!! The too-light foundation, the even lighter concealer, horrible blending, the clownish cheeks, her overlined lips. Girl needs to either LEARN how to do actual makeup because this is not doing her any favours, or she needs to edit her pictures better.

Image

Edit: can't figure out how to post the image directly onto the post :/

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by lushmoon13 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:06 pm

Her videos with her naniji (grandma) are so cute!! Makes me miss my own naniji <3

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Guess she’s single now

leopardmuffin
Talker
Talker
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by leopardmuffin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:27 am

Irada_3112 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm
Guess she’s single now
Did she post something about that?

wildturtle
Informer
Informer
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by wildturtle » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Irada_3112 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm
Guess she’s single now
How do you know? And does anyone know who her “former” man was?

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Irada_3112 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:23 pm



I’m assuming from the caption on this pic. Also, when she first posted the pic there was a comment or two about her being single again and I distinctly remember them bc some ppl replied to both comments to try get the tea so there was a small convo going on underneath both comments. And now every trace of those has been erased. So yeah.

And no she never would reveal the actual identity of her man.

bananaturtle
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:45 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by bananaturtle » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:52 am

LMAO her body on her recent pic in the blue dress vs what it looks like in the mirror :rofl:
She makes her waist look smaller and her butt bigger in almost every photo and it’s so painfully obvious, and deletes any comment that addresses it... yeah, a lot of moral consistency there after her video on never getting surgery. How is her crazy body editing not setting a bad example in the same way that getting surgery does?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bananaturtle
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:45 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by bananaturtle » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:30 pm

...aaaand she’s on the front page of r/instagramreality

I rest my case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drop_truths
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Drop_truths » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:20 pm

bananaturtle wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:52 am
LMAO her body on her recent pic in the blue dress vs what it looks like in the mirror :rofl:
She makes her waist look smaller and her butt bigger in almost every photo and it’s so painfully obvious, and deletes any comment that addresses it... yeah, a lot of moral consistency there after her video on never getting surgery. How is her crazy body editing not setting a bad example in the same way that getting surgery does?!
Wow...proof that she photoshops the f*ck out of her pictures! I’ve known for years that she edits her face, but body too?! Yet she’s a future DOCTOR, all while promoting this sorta shit to young girls?

Drop_truths
Talker
Talker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by Drop_truths » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Also, speaking of photoshopping her face...this is a pic she posted a few weeks back where her face looks extremely FaceTuned. I honestly thought it looked very obvious but didn’t see anyone in the comments pointing it out. I think she sits there and deletes every comment calling her out on her shit. How does a med student even have time for that?
E6011365-4CAF-4279-AA45-DB39E502BBEF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bananaturtle
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:45 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by bananaturtle » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:22 am

She deletes any and every comment that isn’t someone kissing up to her.. she keeps the nastiest perverted comments but she’ll delete anything that hints at criticism. Like you need to be able to handle criticism as a youtuber, it’s not all just about self congratulation, like is the only reason you have it to show off? I remember in one of her videos she talks about how people she hate watched her videos and found out about her high school GPA and that was her version of revenge. Narcissistic behaviour.

LIKE WHAT ELSE IS THE POINT OF HER CHANNEL? That picture isn’t all that nice even with the editing. I feel like in all honesty she’s not pretty by any standards, and even with makeup on she has pretty unfortunate features. I honestly think people don’t say the obvious thing about her being ugly is because they’re going to seem mean since a lot of her features are prototypic of Indians/Sikh people. But in all honesty if you saw someone who looked at her on the streets would you actually envy them for that nose and those lips and jawline? It looks rough and I would rather not go to med school than look like that, and people who constantly kiss up just make her head even bigger instead of humbling her.

Her dad is a doctor, same with her older brothers. You can tell they’re rich af and live in the nice weather of SF. It seems like the only non superficial social life she has is with her brothers.. so I think people need to stop putting her in such a pedestal. Like I’m not trying to demean her accomplishments but even a small thing as not wanting to go to the gym because it’s cold af outside and not wanting to study because you’re depressed and have a thousand other obligations IS A REAL THING. PRIVILEGE IS A REAL THING. Why would someone in India with no resources or connections or guidance compare their accomplishments with hers?!

People need to open their eyes to this phoney and realize that she’s mediocre at makeup and gym advice, and her day consists of caking herself up for a med school class and taking pictures in an empty corner of he House with full blown wedding clothes on that she’s never going to use. In all honesty no one cares about her makeup routine since it sucks and is repetitive (let me guess - huda beauty foundation and soar lipliner and some yellow orange eyeshadow?). The only reason she has followers is because people want to see her life, and this showing off is what she feeds off of lmao.

leopardmuffin
Talker
Talker
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by leopardmuffin » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:44 am

It really showed her and her brothers’ privilege when they were comparing specialties and kept saying that primary care doctors get paid nothing. Those specialties start at $200k...

bananaturtle
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:45 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by bananaturtle » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:49 am

Lmao omg I hate her taller darker brother whatever his name is. I die a little every time he does that cringey squint and looks into the distance pose. Do their parents line them up and remind them theyre the most elite special kids who deserve 1m per year every morning they wake up??????

desigirlx
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:28 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Kaur Beauty

Post by desigirlx » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:23 pm

I won’t lie she gives me major Nazanin Kavari vibes when it comes to facetuning her face and body and then trying to pass it off to her followers as natural/obtained through working out. Plus they both delete comments that doesn’t kiss their ass which also plays into their narcissism as well. Since Puneet is in the health/medical field I was holding her to a higher standard than Naz when it comes to these things, but I was wrong lol.

This is random but the picture that makes me cackle the most off her instagram is the photo with her and her brand name shopping bags in which she proceeds to say how she doesn’t need to prove herself or worth to anyone. I roll my eyes, because she tries so hard to maintain this picture perfect lifestyle. On top of that she says she likes to reward herself with “expensive shit,” I’m just going to leave that there.

Since I feel like a lot of her followers are college-aged or pre-med I definitely recommend watching MedKinza (she’s so real and relatable about her med school struggles, grades, and MCAT scores).

Post Reply

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”