Mel in Melbourne

Nance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Mel in Melbourne

Post by Nance » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:08 am

Her apology wasn't great but not "that bad", but damn the people in the comments make me want to puke, they are like "Mel is a model to us all". :barf:

teeheehee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teeheehee » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:07 pm

For someone who used the "family member is sick" and "hospital" excuse when confronted with copyright issues, she sure managaed to re-shoot, edit and upload the do-over Hermes haul video really quickly.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:55 pm

teeheehee wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:07 pm
For someone who used the "family member is sick" and "hospital" excuse when confronted with copyright issues, she sure managaed to re-shoot, edit and upload the do-over Hermes haul video really quickly.
Wow that was an amazing and miraculous recovery. How thoughtful of them to get better quickly so Mel could reshoot her video.

gossipkitten
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gossipkitten » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm

in that new video she failed to mention she hurt her reputation with people questioning the authenticity of her listing. then look at all the comments on this new video... ACK!

Chichibangbang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chichibangbang » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 pm

The real reason for the upload is the fact that she had included a paid promotion( which she has not declared as as an AD!) from 7RP. This companay makes the bag inserts which she is promoting in the video. She admits that she contacted then that the video had been taken down and they agreed to extend the "offer" which means the AD as long as she rerecorded another one. So Mel again is not transparent. She is being sickly sweet again but leaving out the real reson for the reupload. It's her contractual obligation with this company plus playing the victim always generates more engagement!

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:06 am

Chichibangbang wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 pm
The real reason for the upload is the fact that she had included a paid promotion( which she has not declared as as an AD!) from 7RP. This companay makes the bag inserts which she is promoting in the video. She admits that she contacted then that the video had been taken down and they agreed to extend the "offer" which means the AD as long as she rerecorded another one. So Mel again is not transparent. She is being sickly sweet again but leaving out the real reson for the reupload. It's her contractual obligation with this company plus playing the victim always generates more engagement!
Very clever (and sneaky) of her...by combining her "I've been victimised, pity me" schtick and asking her gullible subbies to "comment where you're from because I love you my famely!" she managed to increase engagement on her video. Didn't even realise there was an ad in it (bonus for her)

Can't get over how stupid/oblivious some people are, white knighting these influenzas ...wake up people, they aren't your friends or "famely"! They are absolutely profiting off you!

Not saying that people can't support one another without expecting anything in return (in Mel's case, literally all they would get is garbage). But I don't understand why people can't just apply their brains for a bit and critically consider/analyse what's going on instead of blindly shipping these influenzas.

If the tables were turned and someone stole her images you can be sure she would loudly proclaim this on every platform and send her followers at them.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:36 am

Chichibangbang wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 pm
Haven't watched her vids in a while, but lack of properly disclosing in the titles seemed to always be an issue, ditto on instagram, things aren't ads they are "mimcollaborations" :roll: , all the ongoing Innis free content, uber eats, all ADs. Not really a fan also of how she uses her daughter for content either, but the lack of transparency isn't fair on viewers. Who at the end of the day, are just watching to see how absurd consumption is for some people, you know waxing lyrical over a costly leather horse keyring that must be repeatedly bought in order to get the chance of buying a bag.

MintTea2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MintTea2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm

I don’t know why everyone says that she’s a music video director, in a q&a video back in 2017 she says that she used to be a personal shopper, but that she is in real estate now. Plus has anyone seen her Dior Gala video(also from 2017), when she’s about to leave for the gala she stops at this grand staircase, does anyone know if that’s her actual house, because it does look like it needs to be updated. Maybe her closet is in the same state and that’s the reason why she has not done a closet tour video. Based on how much Hermès she’s bought in less then a year I think she probably made some really big sales, or her husband is racking in the dough big time. A girl on YouTube who had 200K followers was making roughly $4K USD per month, so in other words Mel is not getting enough money from YouTube to cover all of the bags she has bought. I do think Mel and the other lady played their cards right. The picture drama could have gotten the lady a higher price on the bag because she would have been seen as reputable and someone always falls for the “victim card”. Mel also gained a few followers after she reuploaded the Hermès video. So in other words a win win situation. Although I do not think Mel will reach 200K anytime soon because if she was, she would have gotten them when she reuploaded the video or when she asked for opinions on the LV Noel or the Speedy. She does seem to make a fast recovery from the picture drama. Does anyone know where she buys her daughter those cheap knock off luxury handbags, is it a website or a store in Melbourne? Plus what store does she buy her vintage handbags from, she’s so tight lipped about it it’s ridiculous? I mean she can’t buy all of the vintage handbags in the world, even if she wanted to. Sorry for any mistakes in grammar or spelling, but I’ve been meaning to post this for a long time.

pattiepannie
Learner
Learner

Post by pattiepannie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 pm

MintTea2 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm
I don’t know why everyone says that she’s a music video director, in a q&a video back in 2017 she says that she used to be a personal shopper, but that she is in real estate now. Plus has anyone seen her Dior Gala video(also from 2017), when she’s about to leave for the gala she stops at this grand staircase, does anyone know if that’s her actual house, because it does look like it needs to be updated. Maybe her closet is in the same state and that’s the reason why she has not done a closet tour video. Based on how much Hermès she’s bought in less then a year I think she probably made some really big sales, or her husband is racking in the dough big time. A girl on YouTube who had 200K followers was making roughly $4K USD per month, so in other words Mel is not getting enough money from YouTube to cover all of the bags she has bought. I do think Mel and the other lady played their cards right. The picture drama could have gotten the lady a higher price on the bag because she would have been seen as reputable and someone always falls for the “victim card”. Mel also gained a few followers after she reuploaded the Hermès video. So in other words a win win situation. Although I do not think Mel will reach 200K anytime soon because if she was, she would have gotten them when she reuploaded the video or when she asked for opinions on the LV Noel or the Speedy. She does seem to make a fast recovery from the picture drama. Does anyone know where she buys her daughter those cheap knock off luxury handbags, is it a website or a store in Melbourne? Plus what store does she buy her vintage handbags from, she’s so tight lipped about it it’s ridiculous? I mean she can’t buy all of the vintage handbags in the world, even if she wanted to. Sorry for any mistakes in grammar or spelling, but I’ve been meaning to post this for a long time.
I have always thought she has an okay income, buys some auth bags BUT most of her collection is fake. The Cheap Knock off bags she buys for her daughter have made me believe my theory is actually true.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 pm

MintTea2 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 pm
Haven't watched many of her vids or looked at her IG (so not up to date) but I recall seeing some pics of her and her daughter in the past..She usually tags as many brands as possible, including her daughter's outfits .not sure specifically which dupes you mean, but some of her daughter's clothes/bags are from Australian high street kids brands such as Bardot..
These brands do come up with kid versions (I mean dupes of course) of designer bags, shoes etc

Nance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nance » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:39 am

Now she doing a giveaway, a vintage Gucci bag or 500$. Isn't that a little bit tacky? I guess this is better than boxes or paper bags...

Chichibangbang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chichibangbang » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Of course you have to tag up to 6 people to "increase your chances of winning " she says....erm NO! If you tag and invite more people to enter the giveaway statistically it REDUCES your chances of winning!

Nance
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nance » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:05 pm

This is so thirsty.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm

I'm seeing that all of these older Youtubers want to be treated like the young ones. I'll bet they think that if they get a large enough following they'll eventually be invited to events and out on brand trips etc....I don't see that happening with the older set. This is coming from a woman of a certain age so no offense. These ladies cannot turn back the hands of time.

baglover
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by baglover » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:33 pm

How old is she? It says shes 32 on a couple of websites. She can't be!? I seriously thought she was 40 given that her daughter looks about 9 and her son looks about 15/16. She also looks about 40 as well.....

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 pm

No way is she in her 30's She looks to be in her mid-40's easily.

Squishypotato
Debater
Debater

Post by Squishypotato » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:38 pm

I think she said once she was in her late 30s...possibly in a IG Q&A, but I can't remember exactly..have to say though, I agree, she looks at least early to mid 40s. Nothing wrong with her age,obvs...but I think some of her outfits make her look tacky/try hard, even if they are designer. Maybe she thinks that makes her look younger?
It also wasn't long ago that she was posting sponsored hauls from cheap websites and clothes that were clearly too young/trendy for her .Of course this is a matter of personal taste, but there are ways to look much more polished and expensive on a much lower budget than Mel has.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 pm

drogers4205 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 pm
No way is she in her 30's She looks to be in her mid-40's easily.
She does look like she is in her mid 40s

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:43 pm

So apparently she had over a 100 pairs of shoes that were not designer and she still has a tone that it is designer.

Iam glad she finally said that she is a hoarder.

Starbursts500
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Starbursts500 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 am

Maybe she's not doing a closet tour because she re-sells a lot of her stuff, and it'd be too obvious when people notice certain items from her past hauls missing. I have a strong suspicion because she has mentioned in a couple of videos now which rodeos are 'rare' and what their resell prices are. Seems like she's done some research into the area. What do you guys think?

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:00 am

To be honest I think that some of these luxury "buyers" are buying authentic items, doing the video, selling the items and then repurchasing fakes to make it look as if they still had the items. I'm not saying that she's doing it, but some of her and others behaviors doesn't add up.

Chichibangbang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chichibangbang » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:32 am

She lives in a nice home by the looks of things...shame about the hoarding.

Chichibangbang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chichibangbang » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 pm

*** This video was kindly SPONSORED by Shoptagr however all opinions are my own. Items marked with an * were gifted. Some links may be affiliated. Purchasing an item(s) via the affiliate link doesn’t affect the price you pay but I take a 5-15% commission from the purchase price which makes me a tidy sum of money. Even if you do not make a purchase, once you have clicked my affiliate links the website stores cookies for up to 60 days so in that time if you make a purchase from any of the websites I will still make my commission. I spend a lot of time choosing these links so I appreciate your support if you like the item to click through using my link. Thank you! xx
#luxuryhaul #designerunboxing #melinmelbourne

I wish she was that transparent.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 am

I think almost all youtubers use affiliate links. I have yet to see anyone disclose the percentage they earn lol It does annoy me but not half as much as those liketoknowitpostson IG which heaps of influencers use on nearly all their posts. At least Mel declares clearly when a vid is sponsored unlike others I've seen who say "I've collaborated with xyz (but I buy everything myself) what the hell does that mean? Like others have mentioned above agree that she is a shopaholic and hoarder but she is one that I don't mind in terms of luxe youtubers, like Minnie and Sophie.

I had to laugh when I saw LEM's disclosure especially this part "You pay no more, no less for buying, it's just a couple of pounds goes to the person who influenced sale of the item" A couple of pounds? Hmm I think not! Haha Or her bestie Claire who marks * asterisk items as ones she paid for. That was kinda sneaky imo. In her last haul almost everything was gifted.

LittleBananaBun
Talker
Talker

Post by LittleBananaBun » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Came back after some months to check on this vulture... You mean she stole someone's images and used them as her own and didn't respond to the owner until they called her out publicly? Sounds about right. And omg... she gave away more of those pieces of paper because she loves "being generous"? (seriously when she said she loves being generous, that made me nauseous)When are people going to stop supporting assholes like this? Send her off to Trash Island along with Trisha Paytas. I'm so sick of Youtube breeding these narcissists.

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”