Extreme Gossiper

Makeup Transformations

Post by Oubliette »

This thread is for discussing her many makeup transformations. <3

My personal favorites so far are:

1. Johnny Depp (all the characters)
2. Michael Jackson
3. Avatar
4. Pocahontas (she could play her in real life!)
5. Corpse Bride
6. Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas

What are yours?

FlipFlops87
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Makeup Transformations

Post by FlipFlops87 »

i love all her transformations. she's super talented. i dunno how she does it. the only thing is, i wish she'd elaborate more on her vid tutorials instead of just simply stating what she'd doing but explaining why as well. overall, she's one of my favorite gurus.

nikisoaradot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nikisoaradot »

I consider Promise Phan a true and talented person. although I am not subscribed to her, i watch her videos regularly. Somehow I feel bad for her because she doesn't have the same fame as her sister in law, but, on the other hand, I respect her for being true and not get carried away by popularity as the other female Phan. And thinking a bit more, I don't know why I haven't subscribed to her yet. I am not an easy subscriber, but I guess she deserves another subscriber, not that it would really matter to her, but I want to support her. The only downside I find at Promise Phan is that she started doing videos that promote Myglam/Ipsy products and I find it rather disturbing. I like her for her techniques of make up and i rarely pay much attention to the brands she uses, but I somehow feel a little dissapointed everytime i find that a video is related to myclam/ipsy. But overall, I praise Promise Phan. I just hope she promises not to become like her sister in law.

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min »

I can't wait to see how she dressed up Steve. Wonder how much he'll look like Michelle lol.

MissMaryMAC
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MissMaryMAC »

She is my favorite youtuber :) I'm glad people do not say mean things about her here!

Pink&Sparkly
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Pink&Sparkly »

She is amazing omg!

gossiplover07
Learner
Learner

Post by gossiplover07 »

Promise deserves to be more famous than Michelle. Altough she is not one of the beauty gurus whose videos i will denfinitely click first if i see it on the list, i think that she is VERY TALENTED and is clearly the more BETTER IN EVERYTHING compared to MICHELLE PHAN. ;)

B!tchplz
Learner
Learner

Post by B!tchplz »

Very talented lady and deserves all the love she receives unlike a certain other Phan I can think of...

Parapraxis
Informer
Informer

Post by Parapraxis »

I had no idea she was related to Michelle, I mean I though they might have been but there was nothing to lead me to a proper conclusion.
Love Promise, she's amazing and so so good at what she does!
I wish she did more with her channel though.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

Promise Phan always amazes me with her transformations. As for my favorite transformation, hands down, it's the Angelina Jolie one. How she transforms from an Asian woman to a Hollywood celebrity never ceases to blow my mind.

Kyra
Learner
Learner

Post by Kyra »

Her transformations are beyond amazing. Although its not makeup that I would personally attempt, I'm always intrigued by her skills and how she can change her look so drastically. Very talented!

bluebanana
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bluebanana »

She is amazing! She really shows how simple eyeshadow and a brush can completely transform ones face... Oh to have her skills...

changespell
Learner
Learner

Post by changespell »

I just recently found out about Promise Phan and her transformations (kind of late seeing as how she was on TV because of them). I only watched a few of her video's but they all blew me out of the water. Especially the Angelina Jolie one, crazy how she just does that all with make-up (and sometimes a little nose putty). I know contouring can make a big difference but dang, wish she'd do my make-up haha!

Jennifer
Debater
Debater

Post by Jennifer »

I liked when she transformed into Willy Wonka.. I don't know why but it just made me so happy. :)
--------------- ❤Jennifer

kelbel5
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kelbel5 »

I think she's one of the only gurus who doesn't annoy me after a while so thought I should post about her in this quiet rave about a guru section. I like her voice and her transformations. And I think her husband seems sweet. He is Michelle's brother right?

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

I love Promise's videos. Her transformations are fun. I love the Johnny Depp and Beyonce one the most.

Sharpshire
Learner
Learner

Post by Sharpshire »

I absolutely love her talent, creativity, and how she's become so skilled and successful in all her artistic creations in SUCH a short amount of time with limited training! Her versatility is incredible and the fact that she continuously manages to come up with new ways to become different celebs is incredibly fascinating to watch. I also like how she doesn't seem to have been sucked in by the fame at all; if anything she just seems loads more confident. As for my favorite looks; Angelina Jolie - oh gosh. Annnnd ARIEL. I DON'T KNOW WHY SHE TOOK IT DOWN! I understand it was a bit edgier than Ariel would be perceived to be, but it was so cool.
Wishes can come true but not if you just wait for miracles; Miracles are things we make for ourselves.

A Creative man is motivated by the desire to Achieve, not by the desire to Beat others.

AllergicToBull
Learner
Learner

Post by AllergicToBull »

The Angelina Jolie one was my faaaaaaveeee!!

It's nuts how contouring can transform your face. She doesn't look Asian there at all. She could pass as Angelina's sister :D

Doodoobutter1234
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Doodoobutter1234 »

I love all of then but my favorite is probably be Nicki Minaj because it was my first one

theimpasta
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theimpasta »

Her Jennifer Lawrence tutorial blew me away. Any time she transforms into someone who looks totally different, I am just shocked and amazed, she is so talented. :D

I like that her personality hasn't changed since she got more popular. She's one of the few gurus that don't annoy the hell out of me. She seems very sweet and genuine, just a regular young lady.

Return to “Promise Phan”