Do you have more/less of one particular clothing item?

BetterOffDead
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Do you have more/less of one particular clothing item?

Post by BetterOffDead »

Recently, while trying on clothes for the day, I've noticed I lack shoes. I seem to have an abundance of anything that is loose and flows, but not the proper shoes to wear them with.
Of course, I make do with what I have, the problem is the fact that I would LOVE to be able to adjust to wearing more heels/wedges but I don't want to spend a fortune on slowing growing a variety of them.

But, I must say, I've fallen in love with this pair and can't decide whether it's worth it $7 shipping to get them.

Does anyone else have the problem of having too much of one thing, and lacking another? Does this make it hard for you to find an outfit to wear?
Last edited by tar on Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed clickable link

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Do you have more/less of one particular clothing item?

Post by kayleeee »

I own so many shorts! But when I'm not dressed for work, or for other things I need to look nice for, that's what I usually wear.
Oh and tank tops too.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

I own a lot of collared shirts. Especially denim ones. I never noticed until my sister pointed it out.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Lots of shorts and plain V neck black shirts. Go-to outfit for putting up with the Florida heat.

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

I own a wholeeee lotta dresses. 80% of my wardrobe is just dresses. Cotton/jersey dresses for the summer, wool/sweater dresses for the summer. I HATE pants lol. If I could get away with wearing a dress, I usually try to. :tu:

BetterOffDead
Learner
Learner

Post by BetterOffDead »

I've been buying a ton of dresses too haha. I've already accepted the fact that I'm just going to wear skirt/dresses/tights all winter and no one can stop me.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I have a lot of dresses and less skirts - in fact, I only have one skirt. Makes it hard when I want to wear a cute top with a skirt but only have that one skirt. Oh and variety of shoes - I only have boots, aside from a pair of court shoes which I hate wearing and only put them on if I need them for an occasion. The only pair of boots I wear 7-days-a-week are my docs. The other pair are my winter boots but I never need them in Sydney.

Demeter
Learner
Learner

Post by Demeter »

I have far more dresses than anything else. I have about the same number of all other items as each other, but often they don't go with each other in terms of colours and patterns so don't create many outfit options.

TheBadBeginning
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBadBeginning »

I have so many cardigans. And they're all basically black ones too. Funny thing is, I only wear like, 3 regularly out of the 12 or so I have.

canachi
Informer
Informer

Post by canachi »

I think I have around 10 pairs of denim shorts because I went through a phase where I wouldn't wear anything else. I own a lot of grey and a lot of bodysuits. I also seem to own a lot of random American sports/university tees.

Then I have one dress (which I never wear) and like no formal/smart clothes as I feel super out of place in them haha.

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Scarves. I would buy one or two a pay check and had to stop. I lost a few though. :(

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

Bras are my obsession, I have so many. I have more bras than i do tops

pamplemousse
Learner
Learner

Post by pamplemousse »

I am the same as a lot of you, I only really wear skirts and dresses. One thing I have noticed though is that I have a LOT of tartan. I have accidentally started wearing a tartan dress or skirt or whatever with a tartan scarf. Tartan on tartan... Not a good look! :?

I-love-Amelia
Talker
Talker

Post by I-love-Amelia »

I can't stop buying tops, mostly tank tops (not camisoles, but I have a lot of those too) It's cold here and it sucks cause I only have a few cardigans to chose from. I always want to buy shirts, never pants for some reason. I also seem to have an excess amount of black jeans.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

haha I was just going through my closet the other day to find things to donate, for me its:

- black dresses
- white tops/shirts
- scarves especially pashminas
- grey cardigans, sweaters, scarves, dresses, pullovers etc. a mid-toned charcoal grey is my favourite colour and one that I definitely gravitate towards in clothes
- jewelery
- flats I don't wear flats very often but when I do I only wear the same 2 pairs over and over again

AriPatSim

Post by AriPatSim »

I have way too many oversized flannels, leather jackets, and plain black tops. And cardigans! Good lord I have a lot of cardigans lol

laladoll
Learner
Learner

Post by laladoll »

ahhh yes. when i find something i like, i tend to buy it in other colors. i end up having too much shirts and not enough pants ! and i can never have enough underwear. :?

I-love-Amelia
Talker
Talker

Post by I-love-Amelia »

I have an ABUNDANT amount of gray. Gray shirts, gray tanks, gray cardigans, and gray shoes. I think the reason I have so much gray is because it goes with black, is monotone, and doesn't stain like white. Usually my outfits consist of gray and black. I'm actually proud of myself because today I bought a plum shirt. (I also got a gray crewneck, but it did have some blue on it; and a black and white shirt, so the obsession with neutrals continues.)

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

Skirts. So many. The worst part is that a little over half of them are the same basic skater skirt in a bunch of different colors. Nobody has pointed it out yet, but I don't even care. I found one I like and I'm sticking to it! :) Plus the style is so simple that anyone who would notice obviously pays entirely too much attention to me haha.

thatsprettyneat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thatsprettyneat »

chickennugget wrote:Skirts. So many. The worst part is that a little over half of them are the same basic skater skirt in a bunch of different colors. Nobody has pointed it out yet, but I don't even care. I found one I like and I'm sticking to it! :) Plus the style is so simple that anyone who would notice obviously pays entirely too much attention to me haha.
omg fashion twin much? I own more skater skirts than pants even tho I live in NE USA, and I only get to wear them two weeks a year lol but in all seriousness they make ur butt look so good

I also own a lot of collared shirts, which is awful because I am well endowned and I cant find collared shirts that fit my bust thay aren't giant compared to the rest of my body. rip in peace

I dont own any ballet flats or heels that dont have straps. I have triangular feet that are very skinny in the back and my feet just...fit wrong in them. unless my feet are strapped inside a shoe, I cant wear them at all haha
if you want to fight me fine but just remember i can take a dick up the ass like a champ and recite copypasta memes like a poet i am as strong and resilient as my sphincter

Return to “Fashion Discussion”