Current trends that make you cringe

eevee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Current trends that make you cringe

Post by eevee »

I don't like rompers at all or those two-piece rompers that match...

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Culottes - idk why they're a thing. They look atrocious.
Those Dior sunglasses.
Extreme cake face.

Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Coffee »

Dark roots with light colored hair. That look is not for everyone!
It looks awful most of the time :barf:
I also hate that it's being done on wigs to make them look more natural

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Coffee wrote:Dark roots with light colored hair. That look is not for everyone!
I like it on wigs because it really does look slightly better imo, at least when there's more than two colors in the wig, but only the very roots. And with real hair I just don't get that it's a trend. I mean I don't think it looks bad, but when your roots are very grown you kinda should retouch them, it just makes sense unless you want to grow out your natural color.

Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Coffee »

nina84 wrote:
I like it on wigs because it really does look slightly better imo, at least when there's more than two colors in the wig, but only the very roots. And with real hair I just don't get that it's a trend. I mean I don't think it looks bad, but when your roots are very grown you kinda should retouch them, it just makes sense unless you want to grow out your natural color.
By more than two colors, do you mean an ombre? Because that's a whole other thing :lol: What I'm talking about are wigs like the ones Kylie Jenner wears

Post by Guest »

All these girls trying to look like Kim K wearing crop tops paired with high waisted pencil skirts, or all those stretchy bandage dresses that just make you look like a sausage. It's not cute and you look like you're trying WAY too hard. Please learn the different between fitted and too tight.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Coffee wrote:
nina84 wrote:
By more than two colors, do you mean an ombre? Because that's a whole other thing :lol: What I'm talking about are wigs like the ones Kylie Jenner wears

tbh I don't hate it on most wigs. But that one in particular looks bad. You don't have to touch up the roots of a wig though so it does kinda defeat that purpose to dye the roots black.

wtf_lame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wtf_lame »

AnnaWintour wrote:All these girls trying to look like Kim K wearing crop tops paired with high waisted pencil skirts, or all those stretchy bandage dresses that just make you look like a sausage. It's not cute and you look like you're trying WAY too hard. Please learn the different between fitted and too tight.
Oh my gosh yessssss!!!!!!! Sooo agree with you. Like I said in my previous posts, you really need to have a nice body to wear these crop tops. Usually it's hard to pull off without having kind of "fat" or muffin top showing. Give me back the Circa 2005 Jessica Simpson colorful LV handbags any day over the tacky style of the Kardashian/Jenner.

Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Coffee »

This is not particularly a fashion trend. I don't understand why everyone is fascinated with Pop! figures. I hate how every god damn character in the world is being made into one :?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Insta-whores posting their fucking boarding pass photos and acting as if they're doing a favor to the world by traveling. :?

Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Coffee »

I hate how so many young people blindly follow every fashion trend that they see on Tumblr. I understand those who get inspired by certain looks or trends, but they gotta leave their own touch on what they wear. It's always nice for one to have their own style

Post by Guest »

I really detest nautical style anything. And how it suddenly appears EVERYWHERE every summer.

Chiltepin

Post by Chiltepin »

Extra short shorts. I don't want to see your butt cheeks.

Chokers. I didn't like them in the early 2000s when I was in middle school. I don't like them now.

Crop tops with high waist jeans. I don't know why, exactly. I guess.... If you're trying to show off your stomach with a crop top why are you then covering up with high waist jeans?

Round glasses. You're not Harry Potter. :|

And finally hipster guys. I can't tell if they're hipster or homeless. Not even by smell! Don't like the beards, the man buns, or the clothes.

fqatwigs
Talker
Talker

Post by fqatwigs »

I feel like we can all agree the oversized look is hideous. After Yeezy's success, everyone is copying the oversized/hobo look :roll:
I don't like the adidas/IG baddie + top bun look either, these two are literally all i see so maybe im just a hater

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I'm just hoping in 2017 the "Instagram" look will fade as well. All the girls paint the same exact face on so it's attack of the clones. That and the photos of impossibly skinny ( most likely shopped ) girls with pin size waists and then big asses. I've never seen anyone shaped like that, it looks extreme.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

guys with big beards and long hair (short on the sides, oooobviously) that's pushed back using 2 tons of hair gel
uggs and doc martens
TOO MUCH makeup, what looks 'good' on insta is usually hideous in person
LV patterned anything (the classic brown coloured material is ok but any other color is yikes for me)
duck-like plastic lips
kylie cosmetics and the existence of the entire kartrashian clan in general

V O L U M E
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by V O L U M E »

- The whole instagram look - makeup and clothing. I'm done with the fashion nova style clothing. Its hard to shop for quality clothes.
- Girls wearing timbs.
- Crops tops in general. I don't care how nice your body is it looks trashy. Even ripped jeans are trashy. My mom wouldn't allow me wearing those growing up because they looked like trash.
- Dad hats. I'm probably being picky since I hate folded bills. I have a few sports hats of my own that I've bought throughout the years before it began as a trend.

nigella334
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nigella334 »

-guys who are bald with big beards
-girls wearing crops when they shouldnt
-over filled lips

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

nigella334 wrote:-guys who are bald with big beards
This hits home with me because I had a "buddy" of mine who was really hot at one point with normal hair. Then he shaved it off and grew out a beard and he looks horrible now. I don't think it looks sexy at all.

Post by Guest »

The term "girl boss" :roll:

Return to “Fashion Discussion”