I want to start my online clothing business without facing any loss

MertieSchuppe
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I want to start my online clothing business without facing any loss

Post by MertieSchuppe » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 pm

I want to open my online store for children’s apparel and I want to make sure that I won’t face any big loss win my business, as I have seen many people with the startups who has faced major catastrophe. I’m looking for help, which is why I want to know how to contact the best wholesale children clothing distributors and some other tips as well so that I can avoid the loss as much as I can. It would be a great help if anyone can provide advices and some tips that can help me start my business without facing any big loss. Waiting for your positive responses.

KevinMcCabe
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: I want to start my online clothing business without facing any loss

Post by KevinMcCabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:28 am

If you don't have a lot of experience or a massive budget on marketing and sales, be ready for some loss. Please do your market research before starting this business. I don't want to dishearten you. But this is a super competitive industry. So if you don't have a big advantage or a unique selling point, you will struggle.
Writer and blogger based in London

rituk16
Stalker
Stalker

Post by rituk16 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:13 pm

I would recommend you start really small to mitigate losses. Do an extensive research to find out what would be your unique selling point and get your product manufactured in a very small batch, could be one item in each design. Click beautiful pictures and engage with your target customers on your facebook page and other targeted facebook groups. Start taking individual orders. Target a small segment, preferably in your geography and market your product to them on Facebook, through paid ads and observe how people are engaging with those ads. Keep improving. You do not need a website for the first 6 months, you can sell through Facebook and Instagram initially.

Remember to plan, execute, improve and have a lot of patience. :)

patriciaringca
Lurker
Lurker

Post by patriciaringca » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 am

Agree with KevinMcCabe. there's hug competition in this industry do your market research. and contact with top brands like Bonnie Baby, Carter's, Hurley and Kavio Infants and toddlers etc.

ellazhang
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ellazhang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 pm

It is good idea for you star a online shop. I think that children's style is good choice. Search engine promotion and social media promotion are good channels. It will help you get more orders.

CherryHooper
Stalker
Stalker

Post by CherryHooper » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:20 pm

I think it is impossible. You will face a loss anyway. If you find a way to save money it would be a perfect start. Though, you will have to put a lot of effort and use all your skills to make it work. It's just like a student tries to cope with a great amount of writing tasks such as exploration essay and other types of works. Moreover, if you don't know how to write it you need to do a lot of research before you start working on the content. Anyway, I wish you good luck with online business and have a perfect start up!

akouli
Stalker
Stalker

Post by akouli » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:48 am

Well you can do that. You need proper guidance and mentorship. I started my online clothing store 2 tears back and happy with the growth.

Return to “Fashion Discussion”