• Advertisement

Current trends that make you cringe

Re: Current trends that make you cringe

Postby warmbrowns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:05 pm

I have been watching Justine Leconte on youtube and she has very nice videos about fast fashion and styling in general.

I don't like trends. There are things which look good on me. Some trendy items don't. I won't buy them to make a fool of myself and support fashion companies who produce items by making people work in unethical conditions.

I hate the kardashians. They are everything that i detest. I hate the 'bad b----' trend and glorifying mean behavior. I throw up a bit when influencers go all head over heels for kim kardashian.
warmbrowns
Learner
Learner

Advertisement

Postby warmbrowns » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 pm

BornThisWay94 wrote:SUPER ripped jeans that are hardly even jeans anymore

I see so many people wearing these now, like just why? They look absolutely ridiculous.

EEWW those cellulite on her legs. What happened to dressing for your body type..
warmbrowns
Learner
Learner

Postby achlys » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:55 pm

BornThisWay94 wrote:SUPER ripped jeans that are hardly even jeans anymore

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/140/photos/286000/620x/kim_kardashian_splash-375523.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>images</span><span>.</span><span>dailystar</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>dynamic</span><span>/</span><span>140</span><span>/</span><span>photos</span><span>/</span><span>286000</span><span>/</span><span>620x</span><span>/</span><span>kim</span><span>_</span><span>kardashian</span><span>_</span><span>splash</span><span>-</span><span>375523</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.thefashionpolice.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/very-distressed-jeans.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>thefashionpolice</span><span>.</span><span>net</span><span>/</span><span>wp</span><span>-</span><span>content</span><span>/</span><span>uploads</span><span>/</span><span>2015</span><span>/</span><span>01</span><span>/</span><span>very</span><span>-</span><span>distressed</span><span>-</span><span>jeans</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://images.asos-media.com/products/the-ragged-priest-bareskin-extreme-distress-mom-jeans/4927853-1-blue?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>images</span><span>.</span><span>asos</span><span>-</span><span>media</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>products</span><span>/</span><span>the</span><span>-</span><span>ragged</span><span>-</span><span>priest</span><span>-</span><span>bareskin</span><span>-</span><span>extreme</span><span>-</span><span>distress</span><span>-</span><span>mom</span><span>-</span><span>jeans</span><span>/</span><span>4927853</span><span>-</span><span>1</span><span>-</span><span>blue</span><span>?$</span><span>XXL</span><span>$&</span><span>wid</span><span>=</span><span>513</span><span>&</span><span>fit</span><span>=</span><span>constrain</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

I see so many people wearing these now, like just why? They look absolutely ridiculous.

Those are the WORST. I don't understand why people buy these and why they became trendy.

sweet2mechii wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:Everyone's eyebrows looking like this

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://40.media.tumblr.com/77c82f84b7c06a381f87ae47e8ce01e9/tumblr_nqj7c36loh1ruqlf2o1_500.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>40</span><span>.</span><span>media</span><span>.</span><span>tumblr</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>77c82f84b7c06a381f87ae47e8ce01e9</span><span>/</span><span>tumblr</span><span>_</span><span>nqj7c36loh1ruqlf2o1</span><span>_</span><span>500</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9wggkFpwl1qba9ndo1_1280.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>40</span><span>.</span><span>media</span><span>.</span><span>tumblr</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>tumblr</span><span>_</span><span>m9wggkFpwl1qba9ndo1</span><span>_</span><span>1280</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Idk. They just look really fake to me.

This is tolerable compared to what I've seen :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't mind the drawn on look, but the super boxy and thick brows are infuriating.
achlys
Talker
Talker

Postby 008008_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:12 pm

F*cking crystals and law of attraction.
008008_
Learner
Learner

Postby suzyalien » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:59 am

I HATE these! I don't mind the simple jeans with a rip in the knee but these are too over the top.
suzyalien
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby neuroticbitch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:19 am

This clouty fucking aesthetic that has come into fashion that is like the 00s multiplied by ten. Everything shit quality, cropped with neck holes and built in chokers, sporty style but red with embroidered roses, weird ass fucking stupid silohuettes, ruffles and frills on everything everywhere, flames and checkers on everything, like a mix between being a 00s pop star and a clout chasing soundcloud dumbass. God I can't wait for it to end.
''Well, look who I ran into,'' crowed Coincidence.

''Please,'' flirted Fate, ''this was meant to be.''
neuroticbitch
Talker
Talker

Postby Layla0606 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm

neuroticbitch wrote:This clouty fucking aesthetic that has come into fashion that is like the 00s multiplied by ten. Everything shit quality, cropped with neck holes and built in chokers, sporty style but red with embroidered roses, weird ass fucking stupid silohuettes, ruffles and frills on everything everywhere, flames and checkers on everything, like a mix between being a 00s pop star and a clout chasing soundcloud dumbass. God I can't wait for it to end.

agreed. thank God I only see these online so I can pretty much avoid it, even deleted my insta months ago 8-)
Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby honeybeez » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:19 pm

grey hair with nude lips. Especially these combo because it doesn't match every skintones
honeybeez
Lurker
Lurker

Postby annanuttall » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:03 am

Dress that has a huge hole in the back. It just ruin the pretty dress and not everyone want to show their back to the world.
annanuttall
Talker
Talker

Postby BornThisWay94 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Jeans that have rips underneath the butt. Why?
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby claribel2018 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:12 am

ahnna456 wrote:pants with ugly patterns that flare out above the ankle and high waisted shorts that are way too short. especially when people with flat butts wear them

Especially if they have some sort of stripes on them so they look like a humbug/stick of rock :rofl:
claribel2018
Learner
Learner

Postby Exposingtgefake » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:37 pm

The whole cut crease trend. Makes eyelids look HUGE. That’s just me.
Exposingtgefake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby Exposingtgefake » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Oh and I hate see the chin highlight. Makes people look greasy imo.
Exposingtgefake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby AnnaWintour » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:39 am

Layla0606 wrote:I'm sorry but.... HOOPS :bh:

I have always hated hoop earrings :rofl:
AnnaWintour
Informer
Informer

Postby AnnaWintour » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:42 am

Espadrilles. Why do I want to wear something that looks like a boat shoe made of straw?

Any of those 90’s style slide on sandals, especially the furry ones. Just… ???

Gucci loafers. A brand name doesn’t make it cute.

Mules. The stiletto-style ones can be okay, but the block heeled or flat clunky ones are so awful. God, SO MANY UGLY SHOES.

Play suits and rompers. I am 26 years old, I do not want to wear something resembling my childhood “play” clothes.

Spaghetti straps. I just feel so… naked and I think they can make you look really sloppy and underdressed. A sleeve of some sort is much classier to me.

Just wearing a random, plain scarf with a long sleeve top or even worse, a t-shirt. Like... why? What purpose does this serve? If you want to accessorize, how about a necklace?

Highlight on the brow bone. It doesn’t look natural, it looks like you are still stuck in the 80’s. Always.
AnnaWintour
Informer
Informer

Postby AnnaWintour » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Wrap dresses. I appreciate the history and design behind them but I just feel like they actually look quite matronly unless you have a supermodel-like figure.

Ombre that isn't actually ombre. You cannot ombre from two totally different colors, like going from purple to nude... ??? I see this a lot in tiered dresses.
AnnaWintour
Informer
Informer

Postby princezuko » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Some of these are on their way out, but still :|

- Cutout and cold-shoulder tops. STOP. It's unflattering for most body types and ruins otherwise nice tops.

- Off-the-shoulder tops - same deal. I have a small frame, but I'm top-heavy in the shoulders, and am so tired of seeing what would be a nice sweater or shirt be ruined. Also, IT'S AUTUMN, soon to be winter in most places. People want warm clothing.

- Jeans and pants with no pockets. Not even faux pockets which are the bare minimum. Just nothing. It's unflattering (especially on the back), and might as well just be labeled as leggings and be cheaper since these companies are cutting corners under the guise of being trendy lol

- Wide-leg cropped pants. Looks good on maybe 3% of the population, and are difficult to style and wear realistically. Unless you're a fashion blogger, Instagram "model," or work in an office with a lenient dress code. Frustrating because a lot of these have nice materials or patterns, but are just so... ugly?

- Camo. It just looks tacky to me. Last I wore camo was 14 years ago in primary school, and even then was a questionable look.

- Cropped jeans. I just want regular skinny jeans. Why are they so hard to come by at so many chains? These are alright, but it'd be nice to find regular length jeans.

- Platform sneakers
princezuko
Debater
Debater

Postby YouslessTube » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 am

those awful BALENCIAGA SHOES. im sorry but these pretentious blogger bitches would never go to a thrift store and buy chunky sport shoes but hey if it's balenciaga they'll happily parade around in those ugly stubby sneakers that look like they're made for elephant feet.
YouslessTube
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Layla0606 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm

girls in their late twenties/early 30s even, going for the baddie look. I mean teenagers will be stupid enough to follow all the trends, but imo older women should have some more class and uniqueness about them.
Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Layla0606 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:29 pm

girls in their late twenties/early 30s even, going for the baddie look. I mean teenagers will be stupid enough to follow all the trends, but imo older women should have some more class and uniqueness about them.
Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby AnnaWintour » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 pm

The Gucci belt needs to be retired.
AnnaWintour
Informer
Informer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Fashion Discussion