• Advertisement

Comfortable shoes for work?

Comfortable shoes for work?

Postby island_grown » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm

So I work in retail and basically have to stand for 8+ hours a day.
Does anyone have a stylish brand/shoe in mind that is really comfortable, preferably flats,loafers,oxfords or boots/booties?
Any suggestions will be helpful!
Also, thought about buying insoles for shoes? Any brands? tips?
island_grown
Learner
Learner

Advertisement

Re: Comfortable shoes for work?

Postby halfasiantakeover » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:41 pm

I like the Payless Shoe Source's Lower East Side flats. They go on sale constantly, and they last for a while. I love them. I've heard good things about Zara's shoes as well. My personal taste runs more towards sneakers so I'm sorry I can't give more suggestions! Doc Martens are also great for wearing all day. But they tend to be more pricey. From my experience working in retail, anything with a solid rubber sole is much more comfortable then a pair of TOMS. Payless also has a section that caters to people who are on their feet all day, its called the "comfort plus" collection. And it might not be the most fashionable or price conscious choice, but I LIVE in my Birkenstocks. They are so comfy, and I can wear them all day with no pain.

Insoles are also a great idea! I have some from Tiger Bear Republik that are super comfy, but they're a bit on the pricier side. But part of the money from the sale goes to supporting a bunch of great causes (youth education being one!), so I don't mind the price as much. Dr. Scholl's for her also makes some great insoles, as well as the original Dr. Scholl's brand. Check for sales, and if you have it near you, they have this funky machine that will measure your foot and provide you with a specific style.
I need a soul mate so that I can be who I am, naked. I want there to be someone who picks up my heavy, bleeding heart and takes it somewhere safe and warm. - Ville Valo
halfasiantakeover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby jMC125 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I bought some leather ballet flats from target and put in orthaheel insoles. Saves my feet most days.
jMC125
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby MissJammers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:45 pm

I know it sounds kinda fuddy-duddy, but dr. Scholls actually has some cute shoes that are super comfy. I have been in nursing for years and I have put 16 hours at a time on shoes. The Dr. scholls brand beat out the actual nursing shoes and about half the cost.
Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences :FU:
MissJammers
Admin
Admin

Postby danafruit » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:50 pm

If you're willing to spend a little more on a comfortable, quality shoe, I recommend Born. They sell them online and Macy's as far as I know. They're not the most fashionable shoes ever, but they're comfortable and classic, and feel like you're walking on little clouds all day.

As for soles, I recommend Dr. Scholls. However, if you have insurance, see your podiatrist. Your insurance may cover a set of customizable soles that fit your foot perfectly, and may cost less than pre-made soles or be roughly equivalent.
danafruit
Learner
Learner

Postby BlackStar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:19 pm

island_grown wrote:So I work in retail and basically have to stand for 8+ hours a day.
Does anyone have a stylish brand/shoe in mind that is really comfortable, preferably flats,loafers,oxfords or boots/booties?

Can't not to bump this old thread because this topic with comfortable shoes is always important and I'm in the dame boat as you :) Besides I have flatfeet and for me the comfortable shoes are even more important, in other case I'll have a huge pain in the legs after a busy day... :? In my case the best decision was the ankle boots like on these examples http://stylemann.com/best-ways-to-style-mens-ankle-boots/, I have such pair and they're the best for me :) And good insoles are very important too, also you can start to make some special physical exercises for legs after your working day, they're helpful too ;)

The future is bulletproof, the aftermarth is secondary...(c)
BlackStar
Learner
Learner

Postby Running_n_Donuts » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 am

Girls, I recently bought a pair of fall booties from ASOS and they're leather and about 50$ and so comfy! As for insoles, I splurge on Dr.Scholls because I figure they're cheaper than having to throw out shoes from horrible discomfort and losing that money that way...
Running_n_Donuts
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby MistyJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:05 am

When it comes to work comfort is the key. Being a women, I never compromise with comfort specially for shoes. A good work-friendly shoe could be little expensive but always worth investing.
MistyJ
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby sunflowerskies » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am

I think target would be a good place to find cute and comfortable shoes!
☕️
sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Postby Libby_UK » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:59 am

If you don't mind looking like an old lady then clarks are the most comfortable.
Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby patriciaringca » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:48 am

I bought my first pair of Arcopedico a month ago when they were on sale and I love them for both comfort and style!
patriciaringca
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby achlys » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm

When I worked retail and waitressed, I always wore platform heels. The brand doesn't really matter. They still looked good and were super comfortable because the platform made them almost feel like flats.

Insoles helped a lot too but they can get gross and need to be replaced pretty often if you're on your feet a lot, especially the cheap silicone ones. The silicone ones would also rip on me.
achlys
Talker
Talker

Postby Abby21 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:49 am

island_grown wrote:So I work in retail and basically have to stand for 8+ hours a day.

Personally I like nike shoes and they are really comfy to me, but I also use personally made show in soles. They cost 20-30€ but are totally worth it cause they last a longggg time
Abby21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby RichardM » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:20 am

In my opinion, sports shoes are always a better option than anything else. you can use them in weather conditions. More comfortable and durable too.
RichardM
Stalker
Stalker

Postby FantaSanta » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 pm

I work in freelans.
FantaSanta
Wallflower
Wallflower

• Advertisement

Return to Fashion Discussion
  • Advertisement