Anyone tried makeup geek products

Lilbit88
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone tried makeup geek products

Post by Lilbit88 »

When I first started watching YouTube gurus i blindly bought products they suggested. Most were pre sponsorship days. I see jaclynhill1 (hate her) and nikkitutorials (ehh) pushing makeup geek shadows and brushes. The shadows look very pigmented. The brushes similar to sigma. Whole other rant, but I had an urban decay consultant tell me thar sigma gives gurus brushes out the wazoo. I see it as, if you give away entire collections, lower your prices to what they were when you were still unknown so the average makeup addict can afford it. I refuse sigma solely because of jaclynhill1. I refuse to fund a sellout. MUG brushes do look similar, but ALWAYS out of stock. The fuck is up with that? I blame jaclynhill1. Do they EVER restock?

*side note
I did check out NYX hot singles. @4.50 a pan, that would be a pain in the ass to depot. You get a little 0.06 oz less than MUG @ 0.064. Wasn't thrilled at the pigmentation. I also dig that MUG is talc free (idk why)

Just some honest opinions. Before I cave and buy another zpallet and fill er up.

Beautybeast
Learner
Learner

Re: Anyone tried makeup geek products

Post by Beautybeast »

I have 6 or 7 of the makeup geek eyeshadows/pigments... You definitely get your $ worth... Extremely pigmented, the products run $4-6 and ship fast. Shipping is dirt cheap. And the colors available are gorgeous... I looked around on dozens of sites about this company before buying. I dont trust all youtubers..... But im happy i purchased them. I wore vegas lights the other day. Soooo pretty. Havent tried the sigma brushes but i got what i believe are the original vendors of their brushes off an asian site (aliexpress) and yess aliexpress vendors make products for american companies. OEM and all. I paid like $10. Havent tried the nyx hot singles.

Honestly i would suggest mug pigments and eyeshadows to anyone, to me i will definitely keep ourchasing those, idk about their other products as i never tried them.

nicalatte
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by nicalatte »

I've not tried any of MUG's makeup products, but I really do love the bent eyeliner brush and a blending brush I bought from them. They haven't started shedding after 6 mos of constant use, so for the price I think they were a good deal. The sigma blending brush I bought sheds like crazy, for reference.

Owlsarecool
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Owlsarecool »

I have 9 eyeshadow and I love them!! Very pigmented, blends well and lasts long with an eye primer. I would like to try her blushes I've heard really good things :) :D

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

Owlsarecool wrote:I have 9 eyeshadow and I love them!! Very pigmented, blends well and lasts long with an eye primer. I would like to try her blushes I've heard really good things :) :D
How would you compare the eye shadows to mac in terms of pigmentation and blending?

FatalFlaw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FatalFlaw »

I have about 8 of the eyeshadow pans and 4 of the new foiled shadows. The original shadows are great - pigmented, easy to blend, smooth and creamy. The foil shadows are insane - the most pigmentation I've seen. Buttery texture. I am still trying to master the blending part with them, but that's my own learning curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

secretsunloaded
Debater
Debater

Post by secretsunloaded »

I was wondering the exact same thing. Youtubers over hype things because they're sponsored by them, so who can you really believe?!
But without a doubt the pigmentation looks crazy good, and with the price I can't complain. Going to start building my palette soon!

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

I like Marlena and I hope she's okay, healthwise. I bought a bunch of MUG stuff yesterday to take advantage of the sale. I am happy with the quality and I think the price point is great.

achlys
Talker
Talker

Post by achlys »

I actually really like them! They are very pigmented and last all day for me. The foiled eyeshadows are my favorites.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”