About Lisa Eldridge and Sali Hughes

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: About Lisa Eldridge and Sali Hughes

Post by dollhouse »

If you scroll, Lisa's book is outselling sali's I think lisa is #64 in health and beauty, sali is 228 .. granted salis book is older.

Lisa: http://tinyurl.com/hn5z446
Sali:http://tinyurl.com/zscvecq

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I don't really know why Sali hasn't interviewed Lisa yet. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the first part with Ruth Crilly -- I'm not an avid viewer of A Model Recommends but it was fun. I didn't think she was requested nearly as much as Lisa though.

Cucubau
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Cucubau »

Waldorfdarling wrote:
PearlyPearl wrote:
Waldorfdarling wrote: Well I don't think it's really fair to compare these three since Lisa is a pro MUA, Caroline a "skincare expert" (even though I personally don't take her seriously as one) and Sali is a beauty journalist. Completely different professions. I think Sali is amazing at her job and her knowledge of the beauty industry and cosmetics in general is outstanding. But I would never compare her to Lisa cause she is not a makeup artist (although she's done work as a makeup artist assistant).
I'm afraid the more I've followed Sali the clearer it has become that she's not as knowledgable as one might think. I used to follow her column and (her advice) but she just shills whatever pays her the most. /disappointedfangirl

Oh and according to the thread on CH, she's just a self-appointed expert
I respect your opinion, but having really invested time following Sali, her columns and articles on The Pool website I have to say I don't agree at all, she seems like a no-bullshit kind of person and I'd never think she promotes a certain product JUST for the money. She does seem to favor certain brands, that's true, but I genuinely think she likes those brands even if she's paid by them.

As for the In The Bathroom series, some people said that she only features guests who have something to promote but honestly who DOESN'T have something to promote in this business? Lisa currently has her book and she's creative director for Lancome so I don't think that's the reason she hasn't done a video with Sali yet.
I have to say when she made incredibly crappy video on her youtube(february 2015) with her macbook camera, she said she doesnt use whitening products because they re targeted at eastern asian market and she is already so pale :rofl: now... i stopped taking her seriously before but that was too much. Someone who apparently know beauty industry and speaks about certain ingredients like she knows her stuff, she thinks whitening products are literally going to make her paler... Like bleach. So she said its "not her bag really"- yet, she has problems with pigmentation, she said she has some mark somewhere from pregnancy or sth. That made me cringe sooo bad.

Post by Guest »

Tsubaki wrote:I don't really know why Sali hasn't interviewed Lisa yet. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the first part with Ruth Crilly -- I'm not an avid viewer of A Model Recommends but it was fun. I didn't think she was requested nearly as much as Lisa though.
Maybe she hasn't interviewed Lisa yet (or never will) because Sali may find her a bit intimidating, given how popular she is? I don't know, it's just a guess- also, I can't really see the same banter between them like there was with Ruth (it was fun but found her to be quite annoying, especially with the TMI stuff). Having said that though, the previous lady who was interviewed (sorry, can't remember her name) was quite reserved, so...

Basic_bitch_face
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Basic_bitch_face »

I would love to see an in the bathroom video with Lisa, but I don't think it will ever happen. Or maybe Lisa is just too busy?

I like Sali Hughes and I enjoyed her book, but I always feel like she's talking down to people. Nowhere near as bad as Caroline Hirons, but she just has that 'i know best' attitude.

Post by Guest »

Sali's ok but I agree about her having this superior and sometimes dismissive attitude, in particular to the more holistic side of beauty. I think she's a good interviewer, though.

PearlyPearl
Talker
Talker

Post by PearlyPearl »

A bit late with this reply, but someone was interested in seeing what Lisa's bathroom looks like. There was a Top Shelf interview in intothegloss a while back where you can see some pics. :)

Post by Guest »

There aren't many threads where you're still on the same page a year later ;)

We saw her bathroom when Mary Greenwell did her make-up and promoting her Pretty Honest book (on Sali's channel I think)

Not watched her uploads for a while, I guess there's still no sign of an interview with Lisa.

MayaBehati
Stalker
Stalker

Post by MayaBehati »

I am over imaginative and this couldn't even be called a hunch - but...

I always had a feeling that the reason there isn't any public contact and acknowledgment between Lisa and Sali, might be because there's been some painful personal relationship overlapping in the past between them.

Sali has mentioned in her videos that before her marriage, she almost exclusively dated photographers and some of those relationships are still quite painful for her to talk about.
And Lisa is now married to a photographer, Robin Derrick, and doesn't really talk about any of her other relationships. She had a son and decided to have it by herself with not much contact to the father and that was while she was already a very successful MUA in the late 90s. She also often admits her love and obsession for the art of photography...

Maybe the reason for Lisa's and Sali's ignoring of each doesn't lie in professional rivalry or jelousy ( it can't be that Lisa is too busy to do an In the bathroom - I feel that she would love to show off her bathroom and her beauty products as she does, only if circumstances between the two beauty lovers were different)

In a nutshell - the thought that maybe they dated the same guy at some point and it ended badly always seemed much more plausible than that Lisa is just too busy and Sali too snotty...

Anyway, I realize that this is truly stretched and at the level of gossiping about strangers...

but that thought always entertained me...

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

MayaBehati wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 am

I always had a feeling that the reason there isn't any public contact and acknowledgment between Lisa and Sali, might be because there's been some painful personal relationship overlapping in the past between them.

Sali has mentioned in her videos that before her marriage, she almost exclusively dated photographers and some of those relationships are still quite painful for her to talk about.
And Lisa is now married to a photographer, Robin Derrick, and doesn't really talk about any of her other relationships. She had a son and decided to have it by herself with not much contact to the father and that was while she was already a very successful MUA in the late 90s. She also often admits her love and obsession for the art of photography...

Maybe the reason for Lisa's and Sali's ignoring of each doesn't lie in professional rivalry or jelousy ( it can't be that Lisa is too busy to do an In the bathroom - I feel that she would love to show off her bathroom and her beauty products as she does, only if circumstances between the two beauty lovers were different)

In a nutshell - the thought that maybe they dated the same guy at some point and it ended badly always seemed much more plausible than that Lisa is just too busy and Sali too snotty...

Anyway, I realize that this is truly stretched and at the level of gossiping about strangers...

Omg I know it's only a hunch (and this was posted a year ago haha) but this actually seems very plausible. :o :tu:

Even if this isn't it, there must be some kind of personal reason why they haven't done a vid together...there's no way Sali hasn't seen all of the requests from her viewers, and she definitely has the connections to make it happen (if she wanted to). Something's up.

(Side note: I find it annoying how Sali doesn't ever look anyone in the eye when she's talking to them...it seems insecure)

Eat My Shorts
Talker
Talker

Post by Eat My Shorts »

Rosie34567 wrote:
MayaBehati wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 am

Omg I know it's only a hunch (and this was posted a year ago haha) but this actually seems very plausible. :o :tu:

Even if this isn't it, there must be some kind of personal reason why they haven't done a vid together...there's no way Sali hasn't seen all of the requests from her viewers, and she definitely has the connections to make it happen (if she wanted to). Something's up.

(Side note: I find it annoying how Sali doesn't ever look anyone in the eye when she's talking to them...it seems insecure)
My mum always said...Never trust someone who doesn’t look you in the eye! Sali does it all the time! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”