General discussion thread

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

General discussion thread

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I noticed there wasn't one! I love the look Lisa created this week, the Biba-esque one with the false eyelashes extended out onto the skin to make the models eyes look huge! I haven't seen that before.

fabulous
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: General discussion thread

Post by fabulous »

"Last night I attended a very glamorous dinner hosted by Karl Largerfeld to celebrate the opening of Chanel's The Little Black Jacket show"

afhslfgdbjhf Lisa is so perfect in everything she does. From all the possible dinners, she attended the most extravagant that could happen.
http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=356
http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=226

Renya
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Renya »

I just want to be her.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

SallyCinnamon wrote:I noticed there wasn't one! I love the look Lisa created this week, the Biba-esque one with the false eyelashes extended out onto the skin to make the models eyes look huge! I haven't seen that before.
I loved the Biba thing too, watch everyone copy her......

She is one of the few trustworthy sources of real information and I get the best inspiration from her (I am an actual makeup artist rather than a YT guru, so I laugh when some of those girls consider themselves artists, no you're product junkies, big difference).
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

tubhouse
Informer
Informer

Post by tubhouse »

Renya wrote:I just want to be her.
Same. She's my lifestyle guru.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

I've learned so much from Lisa than any of the other so-called "gurus". I could watch her videos all day. Her voice is very soothing. :P

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

One thing that I think really sets her apart, even from other proffesional makeup artists (at least the ones that write books/columns or somehow publicly share their tips and tricks) is that nothing she does is outdated.

Most people who have been around for a long time, tend to stick to the tried and true (if we're gonna call Wayne Goss a proffesional, he really does have fantastically old fashioned ideas about makeup) and never venture outside their comfort zone. Lisa tries and reviews practically everything under the sun and is never afraid to change or admit when she finds something better.

I gained so much massive respect for her when she posted the neutral makeup video, paid homage to the originators of the look and then modernized it.

Lisa is the bomb
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

beautysuperwoman wrote:One thing that I think really sets her apart, even from other proffesional makeup artists (at least the ones that write books/columns or somehow publicly share their tips and tricks) is that nothing she does is outdated.

Most people who have been around for a long time, tend to stick to the tried and true (if we're gonna call Wayne Goss a proffesional, he really does have fantastically old fashioned ideas about makeup) and never venture outside their comfort zone. Lisa tries and reviews practically everything under the sun and is never afraid to change or admit when she finds something better.

I gained so much massive respect for her when she posted the neutral makeup video, paid homage to the originators of the look and then modernized it.

Lisa is the bomb
you should watch 10 Years Younger the season where Lisa was makeup and skincare expert. She explored so many treatments, procedures and products on the shows, and it's at least 4-5 years old now, but still very valuable. Wish they didn't cancel the show, it was amazing with Lisa on. I think she was there for 2 seasons.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Alka wrote:
beautysuperwoman wrote:One thing that I think really sets her apart, even from other proffesional makeup artists (at least the ones that write books/columns or somehow publicly share their tips and tricks) is that nothing she does is outdated.

Lisa is the bomb
you should watch 10 Years Younger the season where Lisa was makeup and skincare expert. She explored so many treatments, procedures and products on the shows, and it's at least 4-5 years old now, but still very valuable. Wish they didn't cancel the show, it was amazing with Lisa on. I think she was there for 2 seasons.
I watched the clips on her website, I live in Canada so I really have no idea how I would watch it here.
Hahah, she talked about so much stuff I would love to do. I'm really into planning for the future when it comes to my skin so I love information on those kinds of things, but I've been looking at various options for years so I'm already well versed.

really.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

haha I do the same, plan for the future and look at my mum and grandma to see what to expect :))

NatalHeidi
Talker
Talker

Post by NatalHeidi »

Have to say I really enjoyed the christmas gift idea video! Some really great ideas on there for everyone! If your stuck for idea check out her video! Loved it! <3

bellabella1989
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bellabella1989 »

Lisa is such a refreshing guru, you can really trust her opinions because she has so much beauty experience and she's so beautiful too. She's also not talking about herself constantly is so professional which sometimes can make her seem boring but at least you can go to her for real makeup advice and knowledge. Imo her lighting is really washed out and bright though, really wish she would change it because it doesn't show the colours of her makeup very well and is really unflattering for her.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

NatalHeidi wrote:Have to say I really enjoyed the christmas gift idea video! Some really great ideas on there for everyone! If your stuck for idea check out her video! Loved it! <3
she's made me very very very tempted to buy that LiU glitter spray from Guerlain....... unnecessary purchase but darn I want it

really.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I'm very keen on the unicorn bag. I really don't need it, but I want it! I will see what my finances are like are I've finished buying for everyone else!

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

She's so perfect, I love her.

I want to go for coffee with her

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Alka wrote:haha I do the same, plan for the future and look at my mum and grandma to see what to expect :))
ahahahha, my genetics scare me because I look like my mom and grandma, and they have not aged well. :(

:reapplies sunscreen: :fidgets nervously:

I need to be the hottest cougar on the block when I'm 50. My sparkling personality will do the rest :D

really.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

beautysuperwoman wrote:
Alka wrote:haha I do the same, plan for the future and look at my mum and grandma to see what to expect :))
ahahahha, my genetics scare me because I look like my mom and grandma, and they have not aged well. :(

I need to be the hottest cougar on the block when I'm 50. My sparkling personality will do the rest :D
mine have jowls :(((( otherwise the skin is in very good condition, my mum is 45 and looks great, but she's really into skincare and never tanned in her life

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Alka wrote:
beautysuperwoman wrote:

mine have jowls :(((( otherwise the skin is in very good condition, my mum is 45 and looks great, but she's really into skincare and never tanned in her life
What a blessing. My mom grew up outside on the farm and to this day can't be bothered with more than 10 minutes in front of the mirror. I have to admit, I admire it greatly and am very jealous that she can just look at things she dislikes about herself and shrug them off.

really.

Missile Happy
Informer
Informer

Post by Missile Happy »

i want to live in her make-up storage... she is so experienced, i love how she shows the looks on different models aka faces and like one of you said before: her voice is really nice to listen to. plus she doesn't try to be someone else instead she is just herself. <3

If there are no ups and downs in your life it means you're dead.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

Ah, she did Kylie Minogue's makeup for Elle cover Jan '13 <3

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”