General discussion thread

Re: General discussion thread

Post by Guest »

^ To be honest I was a bit surprised she made that video in the first place, that facial treatment sounds more on the harsh, abrasive side? I'll admit I don't know too much about it but it still sounds scary. I'm thinking it's one of those procedures that gives great results in the short-term but would it not weaken skin, make it more susceptible to sensitivities, etc in the long- term? Idk, each to their own :)

Aqus
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aqus »

Whaaaaaaat why didbshw take it down? What happened?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

onigiri815 wrote:I'm kinda disappointed she felt she had to remove the face shaving video.
What???? Why??? I watched this video and it was so unbiased and very educational, in best Lisa's style. She also talked to dermatologists and got their opinions (not all were positive). One of a very rare videos where i said after "well, i don't want it now, but if i change my mind, i know about it"

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

Some insecure people complained that it offends them cause they have facial hair and refuse to remove it... *sigh* this generation is truly offended by everything

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Tulips wrote:^ To be honest I was a bit surprised she made that video in the first place, that facial treatment sounds more on the harsh, abrasive side? I'll admit I don't know too much about it but it still sounds scary. I'm thinking it's one of those procedures that gives great results in the short-term but would it not weaken skin, make it more susceptible to sensitivities, etc in the long- term? Idk, each to their own :)
Yes but it is such a fad now and people are doing stupid shit like taking razors to their face that her review was what was needed. Well informed with differing opinions she got fro other dermatologists.

Totally agree Aqus too many sensitive people around.

Moochy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Moochy »

OMG, this can't be serious. We live in an era of special snowflakes who truly believe that their needs override all others. Don't like it = don't watch it. It's not hard.

iswearimnotjudging
Learner
Learner

Post by iswearimnotjudging »

Long time lurker, frequenter of the trash threads (unfortunately). Just wanted to join the discussion about the love we have for Lisa! I have always admired her, really appreciate the fact that she doesn't do videos for the money or the free products or free holidays but because she genuinely wants to share her wisdom and educate us!! And I LOVE that she sticks by her mantra of simplicity and doesn't budge! :D Absolutely loved her new video about glowing skin, she is gorgeous! This is basically me while watching her vids:

lilylollipop86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lilylollipop86 »

I absolutely love her videos! So top notch and professional. Unlike these "gurus", she knows what she is doing. I enjoy her makeup removal tutorial. Her voice is so gentle and relaxes me. Haha.

rj_shaw
Learner
Learner

Post by rj_shaw »

Lisa is the only one whose videos have actually been useful to me. I love her! She's a complete professional. <3 :D :tu:

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

Not gonna lie, she looked a little ambushed into wearing that blue lipstick but she totally rocked it in the end, looking stunning as always! Gotta love Lisa ^^

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I watched her latest video today, and I have to say I wasn't super impressed.
Her foundation looked a littly patchy to me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the eye look.

Is it just me or did it not seem up to her standards?

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Pastel Rage wrote:I watched her latest video today, and I have to say I wasn't super impressed.
Her foundation looked a littly patchy to me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the eye look.

Is it just me or did it not seem up to her standards?
I didn't notice anything off about the foundation. What I LOVED was that she did a look loosely based on Kristen Stewart for Chanel makeup that everyone is copying at the moment - Pixiwoo, A Model Recommends - but she didn't use any Chanel products and did the whole look with organic/natural make up. You have my respect, Lisa.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Her vlog was awesome. I'd love to know more about what her role is for the shows because it seems she does alot of directing after the initial makeup application but not as much makeup application!

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

i'm new to lisa. i am on a marilyn monroe spree right now and youtubed a bunch of videos related to marilyn's makeup. her video is by far my favorite. i love the way she is talking not only about the creation of the look, but also about marilyn itself. i wanna watch more of her videos. i don't wear makeup, but lisa seems to be very fascinating at what she does <3

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I wish she would try to take "kind of" and "sort of" out of her vocabulary. She uses them a lot and usually when they're not needed. I liked the look though.

juice22
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by juice22 »

I loved when she made the make up history series. I tend to look forward for her new videos. She has a soothing voice also.

Post by Guest »

I was just wondering today actually that there hasn't been anything on GG about Lisa for ages...I still watch her videos, I've always found them soothing as well as useful. I'm still hoping she'll feature on Sali Hughes' In the Bathroom series but I won't hold my breath lol.

Pearles
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pearles »

I don't like the editing in her latest videos, like when they speed up the make up application process and do voice overs... I'd prefer longer videos instead.

lolascherries

Post by lolascherries »

I find it adorable she says "oh-ways" instead of always, anyone else noticed that?

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

Did y’all see her video on the gold makeup look from the new Dumbo movie? I think she’s just such an amazing artist and not to mention a historian! It killed me how she was excusing the glitter as being anachronistic like anyone who’s not her would even know that!

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”