Copying Lisa

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Copying Lisa

Post by Fadia Fiji »

I hate it when people accuse every single person who does makeup on youtube of copying Lisa.
Yes, I do realize that there are some people on youtube who have copied CERTAIN videos off of Lisa, but I see comments all the time on other guru's videos that they've copied Lisa, when they obviously haven't. It's annoying.

I don't know if you've heard of Jemimalou, but someone commented on her latest video (LFW: The Key Trends) that she constantly copies Lisa which doesn't really make sense since most of the videos she does are celebrity inspired (Yes, I do understand it's kind of copying the makeup artist who did that look, but it's not copying Lisa. At all.)

I think people take it a bit too far..

nariboo
Talker
Talker

Re: Copying Lisa

Post by nariboo »

i completely agree peopl take it too far when half the time they dont even know what they are talking about

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

lips wrote:Too many youtube vloggers have copied her videos..it's really pathetic. I saw several about airplane travel and using masks. It's just outright stealing..they didn't even give credit to lisa or mention her videos as an inspiration.
I don't have a problem calling someone out who has actually copied her, but to someone who hasn't done any similar videos to her? Just no.
Some people take it way too far..

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

So true about the airplane videos! So obvious people took Lisa's idea and ran with it. So many yt ers (pixiwoo being top of the list) watch Lisa's videos for ideas because they run out of ideas of their own. Glad more people are calling them out for it.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I completely support it when people get called out for obviously copying her. She's a real makeup artist, not a girl with a webcam making videos in her bedroom as a job.

Kazekage14
Informer
Informer

Post by Kazekage14 »

Some people probably do copy her.

Lisa doesn't claim to invent the stuff she does though.
She just does it better than all the other "gurus" I've seen.

If they want to copy her,
their techniques aren't on the same level to turn out something of the same quality.
So I don't know, it doesn't bother me much.

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by someoneyeah »

lips wrote:Too many youtube vloggers have copied her videos..it's really pathetic. I saw several about airplane travel and using masks. It's just outright stealing..they didn't even give credit to lisa or mention her videos as an inspiration.
How is that stealing? If I use a pencil, and then my friend does, is she copying me? Uh no.

Michelle Phan uploaded an Airplane Beauty Routine featuring mask a year before Lisa uploaded hers. Did Lisa copy Michelle? No. Just because someone uploads a video that's similar to each other doesn't mean that someone copied someone.

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

another pixiwoo copy in a record time of 5 days!

Post by punchie »

Smoky Look for Hooded Eyes. Copied the idea, copied the guest concept, copied the name(except for one word look vs makeup) and all within a space of 5 days. Their subscribers are pissed at them now.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: another pixiwoo copy in a record time of 5 days!

Post by Fadia Fiji »

punchie wrote:Smoky Look for Hooded Eyes. Copied the idea, copied the guest concept, copied the name(except for one word look vs makeup) and all within a space of 5 days. Their subscribers are pissed at them now.
I agree that that's a copy, it's not what this topic is about.
This topic is about people accusing other makeup gurus for copying Lisa when they clearly haven't

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

I agree with a previous post, they can't do it like Lisa anyway, so they can try all they want.
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

Post by Guest »

Love Lisa but to be fair Lisa's ideas are all things she has learned to do by copying the work of others. Everyone does it. Some just do it better. Her white background is the most common background in commercial photography. Creativity just goes round and round in a big circle.

Sugarmomma99
Learner
Learner

Post by Sugarmomma99 »

The pixiwoos have done it again. Their latest video (bright lips) is too uncannily similar to Lisa's latest video. Coincidence or riding on the coattails of a actual celebrity MUA? They claim it was shot a few months back?but why show it now so soon after Lisa's video, if not to stir up controversy. Sigh.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

Pixiwoos are at it again lol! Even if Nic filmed it previously, Lisa said she filmed her Spring Pink video after being asked about her makeup in her Foundation Series, which were at least a month ago.
Ha! Pixiwoo's are probably subscribed to Lisa's channel for when they run out of ideas lol!

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

UNBELIEVABLE! Honestly, I think they're delibrately doing it now for the clicks.

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”