Guest Artists.

AliceRoared
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Guest Artists.

Post by AliceRoared »

^ I use a primer because I have hooded eyes and by the end of the day (even with primer) I have shadow stamped onto the bit of eyelid that is covered by the hood (that bit that no one sees when my eyes are open if that makes sense). Thank god it's covered and no one can see the smeared shadow when I have my eyes open haha.

I totally want Lisa to do my eye makeup! She's only had very few girls with hooded lids model and I'd love for her to do a look on me. Ahh, I can dream haha. (:

I really liked Mary's first look (haven't seen the second one) it was so soft and pretty! I like that she uses MAC's Face & Body foundation, that's pretty much the only foundation I use because it's so light and never looks cakey.

beautysuperwoman
Informer
Informer

Post by beautysuperwoman »

WheresMyGun wrote:
beautysuperwoman wrote:oh my God, I can't fathom not curling my lashes....
I guess that depends on the person.

as for primer, face primer isn't as necessary as eyeshadow primer. except with cream to powder shadows, those pretty much are primer.

ahhaha, I really do appreciate Mary though, she has a very minimalist approach, which is so nice.
Well nothing really is necessary then I guess. I dont use eyeshadow primer and after 8 hours I still have everything in place and under my eyebrows dry patches- LOL.
you must have very dry skin then. that's pretty lucky because most people with oily or combo skin find shadow primers addictive
I just really love candles, and Nars Orgasm blush, and all things MAC, and Bath and Body Works Sales, and Michael Kors, and my boyfriendandmypuppy!!!!

really.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

Yikes, that was some scary makeup.

versus
Learner
Learner

Post by versus »

I like Mary's approach to makeup and the look was amazing.But she seemed so rough and overall unpleasant. She wasn't super horrible or anything but it still left a negative impression on me. So although she is incredibly talented I didn't feel that jealous for the model. I definitely prefer the way Lisa does makeup. :ball:

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

she wasn't being rough at all. i think people forget how resilient the skin is, and she wasn't doing anything that would overexert the skin and cause wrinkles.

i just know it can look rough, but she wasn't being it.

versus
Learner
Learner

Post by versus »

artlovemoney wrote:she wasn't being rough at all. i think people forget how resilient the skin is, and she wasn't doing anything that would overexert the skin and cause wrinkles.

i just know it can look rough, but she wasn't being it.
I know that she wasn't being rough as in ''hurting the model and making damage to the skin'' but for some reason she was sooo in a hurry when applying the base and especially around the eyes and the model was blinking so much it seemed that she was not used to something like that.I was scared that she will stab her in the eye with her finger.And then she started pinching away the mascara..and a lot more of pulling/pushing the models face instead of telling her to turn the face.

Again I'm not saying that she was doing ANYTHING wrong.The makeup was awesome and no one was hurt.I'm just saying that to me personally,she seemed rougher than I'm used to seeing.

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”