Guest Artists.

Abra27
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Guest Artists.

Post by Abra27 »

This new idea of Lisa is the most awesome slap in the face to all these wannabe makeup artists on Youtube. She's going to have the original makeup artists do guest videos on her channel with looks they did on celebrities. I love it.

Go ahead and keep pretending you're in the same league as Lisa, Pixiwoo.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Re: Guest Artists.

Post by pandaaa »

omg.... charlotte tilbury!!

that video was so freaking awesome!!! i love lisa for doing this for the readers! i cant wait till the next guest artist!

and yeah pixiwoo! suck on that!!!

Harper
Learner
Learner

Post by Harper »

[youtube][/youtube]

Charlotte Tilburry is the first guest makeup artist. Which is amazing. Can't wait to see who else Lisa has lined up.

For serious, why would anyone even bother watching the other so called 'makeup artists' on YT when Lisa Eldridge has a channel? She's on another level with no passengers on her plane.

Sunkissedlove
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunkissedlove »

She is amazing! You can tell this is her passion and she is so helpful :) I love Lisa! <3 (and side note, the model in the Charlotte tilburry video is beautiful!)

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

Lisa is so classy, she gives credit to the original artist unlike pixiwoo. YAY Lisa!

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

thats my weekend look sorted! cheers

i do love the look, the model is gorgeous but i thought charlotte was quite sloppy.. yeaa i said it! :|

Vojvodkinja
Debater
Debater

Post by Vojvodkinja »

I love the simplicity of this tutorial, that should be the point of everyday make-up, not to use tons of products on daily bases. This tutorial was really up to my expectations (and I usually have pretty high expectations). <3
"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art." Ralph Waldo

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

Sorry, but I don't get the big deal about this woman. She is good, but you can tell she is very full of herself. Either she is being condescending about Youtubers copying looks or she is just completely oblivious to how the whole beauty guru thing. I understand that some people, most likely aspiring makeup artists, would like to see this sort of video but I don't. These are editorial looks and they're not wearable for most women. The whole point of beauty gurus recreating these looks is so women can get the same look, but you can wear it for more than a couple hours.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

And there is nothing wrong with being a real makeup artist. I never said gurus were "real" makeup artists. They are more for girls/women that are looking for wearable versions of celebrity looks. She is very good, but I've seen many very good makeup artists. I think she just knows that less is more, where gurus tend to use every product possible on their face.

People on here act like she farts rainbows out of her ass, though. I don't think I've seen many gurus that claim to be real makeup artists. Most of them flat out say that they just enjoy makeup as a hobby.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

pixiwoo claim to be real MUAs but yet when Lisa Eldridge uploads a video, a copycat pixiwoo video appears. Example, Kate Moss Vogue Paris cover.

Lisa Eldridge as Creative Director at Boots cosmetics, worked on an innovative foundation matching apparatus. People like pixiwoo can only advertise for such products (after all the hard work is done) to make money because they can't come up with a original idea of their own.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

Pixi2woo is pretty damn good at makeup. I'd at least give her credit for that. She isn't too bright though, so you can't really expect her to be very innovative.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

BebeSwan wrote:pixiwoo claim to be real MUAs but yet when Lisa Eldridge uploads a video, a copycat pixiwoo video appears. Example, Kate Moss Vogue Paris cover.

Lisa Eldridge as Creative Director at Boots cosmetics, worked on an innovative foundation matching apparatus. People like pixiwoo can only advertise for such products (after all the hard work is done) to make money because they can't come up with a original idea of their own.
So what about her brush line?

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

If her brush line is so great, why doesn't she do videos on the Boots yt channel for them, they're sold at Boots AFAIK. No, instead, she makes a video for Boots about Lisa's product.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

Oh come on, Boots is a drugstore brand. Let's not pretend like her husband being one of the creative directors of Vogue didn't open some doors for Lisa.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

Lisa does creative collaboration with Chanel, which is far from a drugstore brand. Gets her videos on their website and Youtube page and everything. Sam's brush line is Made in China crap with her name on it-- someone on the old GG found the same set without Real Techniques written on it at TJMaxx.

I also don't get how most of Lisa's work is 'editorial' but I suppose everyone has a different definition 'wearable' makeup, so I won't get into that, but her 'Meeting the Ex/Makeup Therapy' video is certainly more helpful than the Pixiwoo's advising you to slather 40000 pounds of foundation all over your face.

apple
Learner
Learner

Post by apple »

@lips; real hardworking muas - who use fake freckles, something you mocked Sam for on the Pixiwoo thread.
"Alert! Embarrassing orange skin and fake freckles!
Seriously what makeup artist would do that?"
What do you know? Just saying.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

The difference between Charlotte using the fake freckles is that she was replicating a look SHE originated on Kate Moss. Since she is at that level, she can do whatever she wants. Sam was just copying real makeup artists who use fake freckles on celebrities because she has no original looks to replicate on YT.

2012myusername

Post by 2012myusername »

Audacity wrote:Oh come on, Boots is a drugstore brand. Let's not pretend like her husband being one of the creative directors of Vogue didn't open some doors for Lisa.
So what if it did? Personally I find no shame in using your links to the full extent. That's what they're there for. Within the profession I intend to go into I have many family members, and damn right I'll be using their help and support to find a job there too.
If pixiwoo were so amazing I'm sure all of the companies that sponsor them would have taken the plunge and invite them along to create something like the no7 product. Never seen that happen. Probably wont in a long time to come. So whats the best they do? send their brushes to every guru on youtube and hope for the best.

Also, to me Lisa doesn't seem stuck up. She's got class, something that A LOT of older "guru's" are missing. For example makeupgeeks Marlena. Shes just gone down the pot. And there are a lot of people on youtube who claim to be real MUA's no doubt.

Lisa doesn't do sponsored videos (hooray) and honestly the only way you know a person likes something, is if they've spent the money themselves to use it and openly recommend it. Not by having dollars or pounds shoved up the rear end until you're made to make out the product is wonderful.

and finally, Lisa has got recognizable talent. You can see it when she does a look, you can see it by her passion and enthusiasm when she talks, and has valid work within magazines, photo-shoots ect.

So all in all, after my mini rant, Lisa Eldridge is the closest youtube will get to having someone who shits rainbows. She's an honest professional who actually knows what she's doing.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

Audacity wrote:Oh come on, Boots is a drugstore brand. Let's not pretend like her husband being one of the creative directors of Vogue didn't open some doors for Lisa.
Hasn't she been in the beauty industry for decades? I'm sure Charlotte Tilsbury said they were working together about 20 years ago. It's quite normal that she would meet and marry someone working in the same sphere. She had to be talented to be moving in those circles to begin with. Perhaps she does work more with Vogue because of the connection with her husband - but that's how it goes! I have family in publishing, they swap apprenticeships and work experience placements with their friends in other companies. Nepotism is rife in all industries!

ahblablabla
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ahblablabla »

You have some audacity. Let's do some counting.
Lisa Eldridge is a pro MUA for more than 20 years now. In 1998 she created a new make-up line for Shiseido.
She is creative director for No. 7 since 2003.
She only married Robin Derrick 5 years ago.

And even if she was married to Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld, her talent and class is undeniable.
Getting one client through connections is possible. But you don't keep clients because of that. She worked hard and good to build her career.

Return to “Lisa Eldridge”