Under eye concealers..

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Under eye concealers..

Post by chairmanmeow » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Currently am using the NARS creamy concealer and it is pretty good. I like it for both dark circles and blemishes. I also have the maybelline age rewind and that is decent and cheap.

I have the mac pro longwear concealer but I find it too heavy for my own personal taste.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by badbitchlikethis » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:13 pm

For my under eyes, I always use a liquid concealer like the Dior Perfecting Hydrating Concealer. Another good one for illuminating in the Clinique Airbrush. Usually their a lot more moisturizing so they don't settle into fine lines or look cakey.

I use a cream concealer on blemishes since they're thick and can cover up blemishes well. I use the Lisa Eldridge trick... Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage with a MAC 109 brush to "pin point conceal". I love it!

missxlolo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by missxlolo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 pm

Nars works great for under the eyes! Kat Von D can work, too, if I moisturize well before!

Benefit's Fake Up gets a lot of hype for this use, but I am not okay with how it NEVER SETS. It is creamy looking all day on me. A little too hydrating.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 pm

I use graftobian hd palette and it really works! So creamy and feels so light underneath the eyes

badabing
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by badabing » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Currently loving maybelline instant age rewind. It kinda set to a dry finish so i dont have to set it with powder

rensays
Informer
Informer

Post by rensays » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 am

Rimmel's Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer. Would like to try the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind next.

Lipglosslova
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lipglosslova » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 am

I have brownish circles. Would the salmon work on those also? Thanks.

stellagirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by stellagirl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

The Armani under eye corrector in the pink tone is HG status for me

andyeah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by andyeah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Finally splurged on the nars creamy concealer. I was so reluctant to spend $30 on it but the I thought of all the drugstore concealer I've bought/would buy trying to find a good one, so that justified it for me. And I'm totally happy I did. Now I really wanna try to nars sheer glow foundation but I have a ton of drugstore foundations I need to finish up first.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm pretty happy with the Revlon PhotoReady concealer. I put it on first to reduce my dark circles and then blend my tinted BB Cream over it.

Owlsarecool
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Owlsarecool » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 pm

My favorite concealer hands down is the Hard Candy Glamoflage. I use it under my eyes and on blemishes and it works like a charm!!

JillyBean08
Learner
Learner

Post by JillyBean08 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind gives me dermatitis- which sucks because I love how it looks. I've currently been using the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Waterproof and I love it. It just might be my HG. Some days I dot the maybelline dream lumi in radiant in a V shape under my eye. I actually like it much better than the Touche Éclat.

jamess101
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jamess101 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:52 pm

I really have hard times at work now and I do too much over works. My eyes already had dark circles this is so sad. I am looking for effective solution and my sister introduce a brightening cream and I've been using this for two days now still looking forward for the results.

Rilen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rilen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:21 am

I have tried so many concealers((( And in my opinion, all of them are the same. We must lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right and get enough sleep and then our skin will be healthy. There is only one concealer that is better than others for me. It's Clinique clearing concealer.
Description here https://cloodjo.com/best-concealers-acn ... 10-reviews

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:24 pm

I typically mix the equal amounts of the Kat Von D White Out concealer with either Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly or NYX HD Concealer in Fair (which is lighter than Porcelain, for some strange reason). This helps me get an actual skintone match (not a highlight) as I've found that the shades are too dark on their own. This doesn't cancel out my dark circles 100%, but it does a very good job nonetheless.
Blending is my cardio.

teddy_gx
Learner
Learner

Post by teddy_gx » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Guys please recommend me a concealer for covering up dark circles, I have some pretty bad ones no matter how much water I drink or how many hours I sleep. I so far tried the Sephora high coverage concealer in Peach (absolute crap) and the Maybelline instant age rewind. I have it in the shade Fair, but I feel like it accentuates my dark circles even more, which makes me feel really sad, it seems to be working for everyone else. :(( Maybe I am not a concealer person lol

P.S:Please don't tell me to buy the Tarte shape tape, it is almost impossible to get Tarte in Europe. :(

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:35 am

^ The only thing I can really recommend would be to colour correct with a potted colour corrector (they tend to be more full coverage and therefore better at covering up darkness), and follow that up with a full-coverage concealer that is as close to your skintone as possible. As much as people love to highlight their undereyes, matching your skintone will cover more -- you wouldn't use a lighter concealer on other areas of your face where you want to conceal, as it only accentuates the problem. It's the same idea under your eyes.
Blending is my cardio.

teddy_gx
Learner
Learner

Post by teddy_gx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:30 am

trickylinguist wrote:^ The only thing I can really recommend would be to colour correct with a potted colour corrector (they tend to be more full coverage and therefore better at covering up darkness), and follow that up with a full-coverage concealer that is as close to your skintone as possible. As much as people love to highlight their undereyes, matching your skintone will cover more -- you wouldn't use a lighter concealer on other areas of your face where you want to conceal, as it only accentuates the problem. It's the same idea under your eyes.
Thank you so much for your advise! All these beauty gurus put light concealer under their eyes so I though I was supposed to do the same... silly me :D Do you have any suggestion for a good colour corrector?

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:59 pm

:) No problem! NYX makes a pretty decent drugstore one, which comes in different shades. Benefit makes one called Erase Paste which is good too, and it doesn't dry out the skin.
Blending is my cardio.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:00 am

I'm so annoyed because I wanted to try out the maybelline age rewind one and also the one called fit me but even the lightest shades of both of these are waaay too dark for me :o

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Yeah, the palest concealer I own is the Nars concealer and that's still too dark. That's why I bought a white concealer to mix in with other shades and get my perfect match. I can even blend the white in on its own on certain areas of my face and it doesn't really stand out because it blends so nicely! I just wish a drugstore brand would make an affordable white concealer option.
Blending is my cardio.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”