Ever been matched to the wrong shade by a MUA?

Wombie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ever been matched to the wrong shade by a MUA?

Post by Wombie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Yes, anyone at Sephora or Ulta. I don't know if they count as MUA. Also any time a white MUA does my makeup it looks heinous. I just don't think they understand my skintone.

jollyfish
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jollyfish » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 am

To this day I do not know what my true skin tone is :roll: I have had a few MUA's get pretty close but whatever i end up with always looks a bit off somehow..

too_curious
Learner
Learner

Post by too_curious » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am

I am extremely pale and I have rosacea so MUAs tend to stick me with anything that covers the red no matter how yellow and dark the foundation is.

idathoet
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by idathoet » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:45 am

I've had problems, too. I'm really pale and extremely yellow (closest match found is MAC NC10 but I'm still a bit lighter and more yellow). I'm an MUA myself and I've worked very hard to really understand different skin tones and undertones (i.e. Dark skin having red undertones if cool, Gold undertones is warm and super pale, almost albino, skin is usually blue toned). Most MUAs I know stick to working on people close to their own skin tone which makes them fall short when having to work on other skin tones.

MeMiMee
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by MeMiMee » Fri May 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Another vote for MAC here. They were the first "high end" foundation I decided to try. I'm Scandinavian white, and the dude there was suggesting I get the second lightest shade with the comment that it's always better to go darker than lighter. Uh, no it isn't. I like being pale. I get the impression a lot of these makeup/beauty people think everyone wants to look like they have a major (fake orangey) tan or something.

Anyhoo, I got the lightest. Seemed fine enough as a shade, but hated the foundation's performance so much I've never bought Mac again. The end.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”