How to do a smoky eye?

Bear
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to do a smoky eye?

Post by Bear »

I've literally watched soo many youtube videos and read blog posts about how to do one, but somehow, I always end up looking like I smudged black stuff on the outer corner of my eye, and it just looks weird :[ I even tried using tape make it that sharp "v" thing, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? & what brushes should I be using for the crease and outer corner part? thanks so much! :love2:

Jas
Learner
Learner

Re: How to do a smoky eye?

Post by Jas »

I don't really have any suggestions, but it's definitely possible that your eye shape just doesn't work well with a smokey eye. I have that issue. I have fairly round eyes, and I find that no matter what technique I use it ends up looking messy and sharp.

Bear
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear »

yeah i thought about that LOL :( but idk what my eye shape is, so it's hard to look up makeup ideas for it! maybe i should try to figure that out lol. thanks :)

sophiebops
Learner
Learner

Post by sophiebops »

Bear wrote:yeah i thought about that LOL :( but idk what my eye shape is, so it's hard to look up makeup ideas for it! maybe i should try to figure that out lol. thanks :)
look up goosmakeupartist ! he has an awesome video to help you identify what your eye shape is!

veronika_bird
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by veronika_bird »

I also think that not all forms are well suited for smoky eyes

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

Lisa Eldridge has a tutorial on smoky eyes. Really helpful. I've always struggled with eye makeup before I realized I have small, hooded eyes and therefore most techniques I see on gurus are gonna look really bad on me. But I tried Lisa's technique (and it's so refreshing to see a tutorial with only two eyeshadows and not 93849 different shadows from different palettes lol) and it looked very nice :tu:

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”