Glossier

BornThisWay94

Glossier

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Does anyone else really like Glossier? I first tried it back in March and now it's pretty much all I wear/own

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Re: Glossier

Post by ParisianDoll »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Does anyone else really like Glossier? I first tried it back in March and now it's pretty much all I wear/own
I want to, I'm much more into a natural makeup look - I'm getting older (30) and have icepick scars from teen acne, so a full caked on face has always looked terrible on me. I'm nervous to try and online color match right now though! Have you tried their mascara? Do you like it? I just want to find ONE mascara that separates and lengthens without looking like I've got spiders living on my eyeballs.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

ParisianDoll wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:20 am
BornThisWay94 wrote:
I want to, I'm much more into a natural makeup look - I'm getting older (30) and have icepick scars from teen acne, so a full caked on face has always looked terrible on me. I'm nervous to try and online color match right now though! Have you tried their mascara? Do you like it? I just want to find ONE mascara that separates and lengthens without looking like I've got spiders living on my eyeballs.

Yes, I've tried the mascara and it's good, but not amazing. They have kits which are cheaper so you don't spend more money on each product individually so I'd try getting a kit that has it, perhaps. I'm also with you on the not wanting a full cake face, I use their skin tint and stretch concealer and it's nice because it isn't much coverage, but just enough when you want a little something. As for color matching, the skin tint is pretty sheer so even if you get the wrong color, it won't be too much off from your natural color. I'm very fair with pink undertones and I use G12 for both.

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 am
ParisianDoll wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:

Yes, I've tried the mascara and it's good, but not amazing. They have kits which are cheaper so you don't spend more money on each product individually so I'd try getting a kit that has it, perhaps. I'm also with you on the not wanting a full cake face, I use their skin tint and stretch concealer and it's nice because it isn't much coverage, but just enough when you want a little something. As for color matching, the skin tint is pretty sheer so even if you get the wrong color, it won't be too much off from your natural color. I'm very fair with pink undertones and I use G12 for both.
I'm torn between G10 and G11 - I've got neutral undertones so I'm afraid 10 might be too yellow. 11 will probably work if it's as sheer as you say and it's almost winter, I live in Portland so I won't see sun again until next year. I know Boy Brow is their big thing, do you use it too?

I also appreciate their work with giving grants to Black owned businesses.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

ParisianDoll wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:10 am
BornThisWay94 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 am
ParisianDoll wrote:
BornThisWay94 wrote:

I'm torn between G10 and G11 - I've got neutral undertones so I'm afraid 10 might be too yellow. 11 will probably work if it's as sheer as you say and it's almost winter, I live in Portland so I won't see sun again until next year. I know Boy Brow is their big thing, do you use it too?

I also appreciate their work with giving grants to Black owned businesses.

Yeah, the skin tint is pretty sheer but the concealer does have a bit more coverage to it, but not a whole lot. I do love Boy Brow, I use it every day! I use the brown one and it's great

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”