Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Disappointing Products

Post by canyounot24 »

Maybelline Color Molten eyeshadow duos
Maybelline Baby Skin "primer"
Rimmel mascaras
Maybelline wind up eyeliner (cbf with exact name - unstoppable maybe?)
Covergirl TruBlend foundations
Covergirl Mascaras
Covergirl Eyeshadow Quads

mychelle+
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by mychelle+ »

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation

It was so expensive too.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

weepingangel wrote:I have been so disappointed with Physicians Formula EyeBooster Liner. I just got a new one, and it tugs on my lid and doesnt have great pigmentation. It used to be my HG liner, but something changed
Ah man I was always disappointed in that. I heard so many raves about it but when I got it it just wasn't very pigmented. I had the ultra black one or whatever everyone said you had to get and still no dice. It also skipped a lot on my eyelid and I'd get one eye done and then it'd be outta juice for the next eye and I had to let it sit for a bit to get going again.

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

A whole list of things I apparently never mentioned before...

Estee Lauder BB cream. The worst, most drying formula I have ever tried. Even with a moisturizer underneath it left me a flaky, patchy mess.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in the waterproof version - easily clumps, and does not hold the curl or the lift. After a short time my eyelashes would look like I wasn't wearing mascara at all. Also, I'd end up with panda eyes at the end of the day.

L'Oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24h mascara - it looks fine, and even good, when you put it on at the start of the day; adds volume, length, it's just a bit wet so takes a while to build up. But oh boy does it flake and crumble and smudge throughout the day. Such a shame.

Sephora gel eyeliner. Applies pretty nicely, but gets all over your eyelid and smudges and gives you panda eyes during the day. Waste of money.

Inglot 'Full & Dense Lashes' mascara. I bought it at a reduced price when I was in Poland a while back...might as well not wear mascara instead. It doesn't do anything to your eyelashes, you just end up with dark circles under your eyes.

Collection Lengthening Mascara. It's like not having mascara on at all. Minimal effect. Just not worth it, even though it is a budget mascara.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Charcoal. Patchy and uneven and it creases like crazy and maybe I just can't use creams shadows but I hate this.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. It didn't do anything except make my makeup run down my face.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid. I saw these at Walmart and got the shade "Possessed Plum". Beautiful color (although it takes two coats), smells really good, buuuut it's not matte. Like, not even a little bit. I kept waiting and waiting for it to dry down matte and it just never did, and wiped off really easily with a tissue. Basically just a decently pigmented lip gloss. I don't know if all the shades are like that, but I'm not tempted to try any more in case they're all shitty.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Smashbox Brow Tech Gel Pencil in Blonde. I like the tip, but the colour... or the formula. Maybe if I'd gotten a dark colour it would work but I find it goes on too subtle and a little too light. However, I think if someone had naturally nice brows that needed little filling, this would work better.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

The Simple brand Protecting light moisturizer with SPF 15. Usually my skin doesn't freak out with new products but I feel it did with this one. When I started using it I began to get jawline breakouts. It was the last product I thought would do that because their other products are pretty good. When I stopped using it the acne also stopped.

Persistent_Cat
Learner
Learner

Post by Persistent_Cat »

Peter Thomas Roth's anti-aging cleansing gel. Used it only a few time and it burned my skin, I couldn't wear my contacts for a week and I couldn't use any retinol products for about a month after I stopped using it. I gave it to a friend with problem skin and she loved it.

Too Faced Natural Eye palette. Tried to convince myself I loved it but.... The shadows are pretty and blend able but the fallout is ridiculous.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean cleanser. Stripped the absolute shite out of my skin.

Yasha
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Yasha »

Clinique's All About Eyes concealer, it applied terribly and looked all weird and grainy it's hard to explain :?

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

The Too Faced shadow insurance eyeshadow primer. I have oily lids and it just doesn't work for me. I've tried everything!! I tried to set it with powder, I tried it without, it creases after 5-6 hours on me. I'm so disappointed idk why a lot of people seem to love it.

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

The Clinique CC cream :? Never again.

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow. I have the colour Metallic Cobalt. This swatches amazingly on my hand, but it becomes a mess on my lids. I can't use it with or without eyeshadow primer. I can't use it with or without the liquid primer mixing medium thing included (it works well with my powder shadows though). Application sucks, as using my fingers doesn't work (as they're apparently too fat for my lids and I have no coordination), and none of my brushes work well at all. It creases like crazy,plus it kinda disintegrates and proceeds to slide all around my eyes and face. I've tried using it on my bottom lid as a liner, but what I end up with is glitter all down my cheeks after a very short time, and a very patchy looking lower lid.
Maybe I just really, really suck at using non-powder shadow formulas, and/or maybe I have incredibly oily lids, I don't know. I'm just glad I got this at Tk Maxx for £4 instead of £30 or whatever. I'll give it another shot, but I may just end up throwing the shadow pot at the wall at this rate.

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

MAC studio fluid fix foundation. I got given a sample in the lightest shade and it was amazing, so of course I bought the full-sized version. I don't know where the amazing foundation I tried via smaple went because this was not it. There definitely wasn't any mix-ups either. It was far too orange for my caspar skin (my skin is only a few shades darker than paper and I am still struggling to find a foundation light enough for me), separated after only a few hours, clung to dry patches and hairs, didn't blend well and did not cover my acne like the sample had. My skin is also worse than it has ever been and I strongly suspect that this foundation is to blame as I have not changed my food intake in any way.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

Miss Jessie's pillow soft curls & multicultural curls. I could not get either of those stylers to work for me and ended up returning pillow soft curls and lost the other one oops. I was so disappointed with both I don't think I'll try anything else from miss Jessie's.
BOO

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

Maybelline blushed nudes palette. Useless pigmentation , no staying power. Just awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheesietomato
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cheesietomato »

Easily a Bare Minerals Foundation Brush. The bristles fell out CONSTANTLY and it barely picked up any product. It left more bristles in my product then it did foundation on my face.

sweet2mechii
Learner
Learner

Post by sweet2mechii »

This is hands down the worst shampoo/conditioner I've ever put in my hair
cmon Organix -.-
The straight parts of my hair - made straighter, the curlier parts of my hair - curlier, the drier parts of my hair - it made them look like fucking broom, the oilier parts of my hair- left fucking oily. I had a nice feeling through my scalp for some time but thats it. My ends are so dry, so so fucking dry, even after all that enormous amount of conditioner I put on them. My hair is so fucking tangled right now. It's like I have a shit wild animal on my head. Brushing works only for a while with the tangles :FU:

Image Image

my hair right now from the back Image only that the bottom section is straight and the top is curled/waved. Not a pretty combination smh

My sister tried it too. Guess what? Her hair is dry, frizzy and visibly tangled now.

Offtopic: [quote="BinsBinsBins"]Maybelline Babylips - completely useless stick of scented wax that does zero moisturizing
Miss Manga mascara - simply awful
Toppik hair fibers - unless you have super dark hair, this is USELESS and actually disgusting!
Organix shampoo and conditioner (any kind) - my hair ended up oily and gross, yet dried out. wtf?
Sigma face powder brush and blush brush - these two shed and splay the worst I have ever seen[/quote]
lol finally somebody who doesn't like this Harganix shit(not really offtopic lol)

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”