QueenJolie
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Working at Mecca Maxima

Post by QueenJolie »

Hey!
Do any of you aussie girls out there have any experience/info working at mecca or mecca maxima, the makeup store? I'm seeking to apply in November of this year for a part time position, but I wanted to know if anyone can offer some info on what the recruitment process is like, what they look for etc.
I have excellent people/communication skills and a high level of knowledge on the products and makeup they sell. So that won't be an issue. But I also wondered what other specific criteria they look for?

Also if you have worked there, what was the pay like? The experience, hours, coworkers? Also, do you receive a $1200 allowance for purchasing products?

Thanks so much!
x
'Isn't slough a funny word?'

yeahnah
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Working at Mecca Maxima

Post by yeahnah »

For the most part...you have to show up with near perfect makeup. I’d also say they value an extensive(ish) resume. I know someone who handed in a resume without makeup on (stupid I know) and they could tell immediately that their resume wouldn’t be highly regarded by the manager. The girls at my Mecca are pretty basic so as long as you have the credentials...it shouldn’t be too hard :roll:

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”