Terrible under eye wrinkles - solutions?

Tapestry
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Terrible under eye wrinkles - solutions?

Post by Tapestry »

I'm not yet 21 but recently I've noticed how awful my under-eye situation is. I have multiple seemingly permanent wrinkles already under my eyes in addition to bad bags. I use eye cream at night and moisturize at least once a day. I think rubbing my eyes may be part of my problem and I'm working on stopping, but I don't tug the skin otherwise and generally eat well and drink water. I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and solutions. At my age is there any hope at them improving? I realize I'm not old but skin is tricky as you get further into your 20s.

Here's a picture for reference, sorry for the poor quality but even in low qual they're depressingly prominent!

Curiosity
Informer
Informer

Re: Terrible under eye wrinkles - solutions?

Post by Curiosity »

Maybe tretinoin cream(also known as retin-a, etc)? It can help wrinkles, acne, and stretch marks, by rebuilding collagen. You'll have to talk to a dr. about it and they'll prescribe it to you.
(` ーωー´)

Xtasy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Xtasy »

I honestly don't think there's a solution unless we get Botox under there. Is that possible? I have the same issue as you. I suffer from severe allergies and rub my eyes quite a lot. I know I shouldn't but I really can't help myself. I've tried under eye creams, my current one is Lancôme Progres. Tbh I feel like under eye creams won't help much in reversing wrinkles, they may prevent them from getting worst though. For reference I'm 26 and my under eye wrinkles are very prominent, otherwise I look fairly younger. I now try my hardest to be gentle with my eyes and not rub as much, but as I get older, I consider cosmetic procedures more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

Eye creams and cosmetic procedures. are probably the answer.

If you don't already, wear sunscreen and sun glasses to prevent further wrinkles and sun damage.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Sunscreen and a retinol every week or every other day depending on your skin.

I 100% had the same issue around your age. I'm 23 this year and I actually thought the other day "wow... my eye area doesn't have any wrinkles anymore!"
Honestly, at your age it should be "treatable" but it will require religious use. I have been using sunscreen RELIGIOUSLY for coming up to a year and a half. I mean everyday: rain, shine, cloud etc.

Return to “Skincare”