Just realised I am cool/neutral toned! Suggestions?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Just realised I am cool/neutral toned! Suggestions?

Post by onigiri815 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Hello all!

So, much to my chagrin after my haircut yesterday I have realised that my natural hair is cool tones
My skin has pink, not yellow in it, which make me neutral learning to warm but with my hair I feel neutral to cool might be better

My confusion is due to the fact that I am half asian (and british, guess that could have been something i shouldnt have ignored) so I always thought the whole yellow/warm undertone.

IN SAYING ALL DIS: Can you all suggest makeup and palettes that work for neutral to cool tones? I'm thinking Zoeva En Taupe might be a source of inspiration
iHERB referral code: ZRN037

Day-Tripper
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: Just realised I am cool/neutral toned! Suggestions?

Post by Day-Tripper » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:00 pm

onigiri815 wrote: My skin has pink, not yellow in it, which make me neutral learning to warm but with my hair I feel neutral to cool might be better
If your skin has pink undertones, then it sounds like your skin actually leans cool, along with your hair. Raspberry, rose, and dark or soft fuschia lip and blush colors would look best. Hopefully someone else will recommend specific brands / palettes, as that’s not my forte. Good luck!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:10 am

Oh god yeah sorry! Haha
I was just so confused because all my makeup life I just thought "yo I'm asian, yellow WARM TONED *yaaay*'
iHERB referral code: ZRN037

addicted2gossip

Post by addicted2gossip » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 am

En Taupe is a good option, also Cool Spectrum (obviously), Rodeo Belle and Smoky, all from Zoeva. Oh So Special, Acid (UD Electric Dupe) and Bad Girl from Sleek. Also Naked palettes, especially Naked 3. Almost all highlighters from NYX Contour Palette, except the third one, and the last two contour shades. NYX Taupe, basically anything which has the word taupe in it,. For the lips, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Tokyo, Milan, Addis Ababa, Ibiza, Prague, Transylvania and Monte Carlo. I mean, a lot of it depends on your skintone, eye colour and personal style, these are just some general picks suitable for neutral to cool skin.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”