Recommendation on Spanish beauty products to buy

Bae
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recommendation on Spanish beauty products to buy

Post by Bae »

Hi all! I will be in Spain for a month, visiting Granada, Seville, Cordoba, and venturing to Madrid and Barcelona. I plan on stopping by the pharmacies there. Do you have any recommendations on European skincare/makeup brands to buy abroad that I won´t be able to buy in America? Also, any makeup stores to buy things in?

Gracias!

r_bookz23
Learner
Learner

Re: Recommendation on Spanish beauty products to buy

Post by r_bookz23 »

Yes there's a bunch you can look into while there! I lived in Madrid for a year so I was quite familiar with the beauty selections. If I were you, I'd look into the skincare options there, since they are superb! I discovered quite a few amazing skin care brands while in Spain, including La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Bioderma,Biotherm and an amazing variety of Garnier products.

My HG's that I discovered while in Spain are the Vichy 48 hour roll on deodorant( Half the price as it is here!), the Nivea sensitive roll on Deodorant ( these are important for me as I have a serious allergy to stick deodorant and have only found these 2 that don't cause an allergy) Other HG's are the Bioderma Micellar water ( much cheaper than in the US), the Garnier micellar water is even cheaper and just as good! You should also look into the Belcils eye makeup remover, it is amazing at removing mascara and eye makeup! La Roche makes amazing eye creams, moisturizers, serums, etc and while they are pricier than drugstore they are still much cheaper that they are here in the US.

On the makeup side, look into Kiko Cosmetics. I know we have a few stateside and that they are available online, but the cost is lower in Europe, the stores are much more full of products and they often have better sales. I loved going and getting drugstore priced foundation matched in store! Most of their products are amazing! Their blushes, bronzers, foundations, lipsticks and eyeliners are all fantastic! Their eyeshadow formulation is HG! Another really cool bunch of brands are Bourgeois ( their bronzing primer is an awesome dupe for Soleil tan de Chanel), their blushes and foundations are great. Try Astor and Catrice too! I'd recommend going into El Corte Ingles to their perfumerie to see the drugstore priced foundation.

Bonus tip: Pharmacies don't carry anything but pharmaceutical products like skincare products and medicine so don't go into them looking for makeup. Instead look for Perfumeries or the central store of Spain, El Corte Ingles. Kiko is a standalone store similar in format to a Mac Pro store.

Sorry for the paragraphs and happy travels!!

Bae
Debater
Debater

Post by Bae »

Thank you for the detailed post! Especially the tip about pharmacies only carrying skincare and medicines.

r_bookz23
Learner
Learner

Post by r_bookz23 »

You're welcome! Hope you love Spain as much as I love it!

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”