Colour Pop

princezuko
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colour Pop

Post by princezuko »

So it finally came! I got in on the 25th, so it took around a week total to get it once it shipped. So maybe 2 and a half weeks total. They shipped it a couple days after I bothered them about it. But tbh if you're a professional business you best believe your stuff better ship on time and not only once you say you're going to review them.

I really like what I got. I didn't find the liquid lipsticks to be all that drying? I know everyone says they're super drying but they're the same as other liquid lipsticks imho. The colours are nice but definitely different than on the site. Beeper is so much darker than I expected :o idk how I feel about their cheek stuff. I'm kinda worried because y'all are saying they dry out super quick. Overall they're nice but not something I'd buy again since their international shipping is super expensive.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I didn't really know about Colourpop until Kathleenlights... but I was checking their website under the collabs button and I noticed they no longer include Megan Naik, LBB, or that other one.

They also no longer sell most of the stuff that came out from Megan Naik, the only product I still see with her name on it is Dalia. (she had 2 lippies and a quad) https://colourpop.com/product/dalia/

And the other one I can't think of their name... came out with the shade called Feminist. I see they renamed the shade and say nothing of the collab. https://colourpop.com/product/nevermind/ I actually bought Feminist so I know they changed it.

I don't know just something I noticed and it made me wonder why that is. Because there are others they collabed with and still show on the collab page.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Ya'll making me paranoid. I just ordered $200 worth of their stuff. LOL

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

I really have a like/hate relationship with Colourpop. Some products I absolutely hate, some are OK, and some i really enjoy,

For the most part I hate their shadows. For my personal use they dry out before I can get a great usage out of them. Some of the color/formulas I like. Such as: Bae and Rex. But this new color Puppy Love is gorgeous to me! I don't know about the wear and longevity of it... but the color is gorgeous to me! Very metallic on the verge of duochrome. It kind of reminds me of Rockstar from MUG. But with a more orange/pink reflect.Since it is a wet formula it reflects more.

Beeestung
Learner
Learner

Post by Beeestung »

Oh man, I just ordered CP. however, I used PayPal. They have been very quick to respond to my emails and my order should arrive tomorrow. I placed the order 7 days ago. I hope no ones information is comprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I've heard that Colourpop's Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks are quite drying. But once they're dry, can't a lip balm be used on top without causing the product to break down? I've never worn a matte liquid lipstick so I have no idea.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Im interested in doing an order now she has cool contour shades released...

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

fihe wrote:I've heard that Colourpop's Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks are quite drying. But once they're dry, can't a lip balm be used on top without causing the product to break down? I've never worn a matte liquid lipstick so I have no idea.
My experience with the original formula, using any kind of balm or lip treatment... did NOT work! It just didn't work with the product even though it was less drying. Unwearable IMO. However, the newer formula is not as drying and wears nicer to the point that you wouldn't need a balm to help out.

I suppose it is possible that they have reformulated the colors from their original launch to match the newer improved formula. However, I don't want to find out :rofl:

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Aw man I'm kinda bummed to hear about their shadows. I usually just do a base color all over the lid for everyday so I like something that I can just smear on with my fingers, but most cream eyeshadows are too shimmery or they crease a lot. Was gonna try their matte shadows but probably won't now if they dry out super quick lol.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

fihe wrote:I've heard that Colourpop's Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks are quite drying. But once they're dry, can't a lip balm be used on top without causing the product to break down? I've never worn a matte liquid lipstick so I have no idea.
I found they act like most lip products I've used, especially the mattes.. After a few hours they dry up and start fading from the inside of your lip. I usually just wipe them off and reapply when they get really dry.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

kiddnothingg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kiddnothingg »

So I'd love to actually give my opinion on Colourpop products but I ordered them on the 9th of this month and still have yet to receive them, on what is now the 27th :roll: I opened a case with USPS as well as emailed their customer service and got two different answers. Not happy and probably won't be reordering even if the product actually gets to me and I love it. I only ordered three lipsticks ffs, what's the holdup?! I asked for a refund, and if they refuse I'm gonna go through my bank to see what can be done to get my money back bc there's NO reason that something I ordered on the 9th shouldn't be here yet with first class shipping.

Post by Guest »

^Damn that is a long time, hope you get them or your money back. I remember my last order, the items were 2wks late and pushed into the boxes and looked really rushed, I thought the beauty gurus would never get a package looking so unprofessional with a note that had spelling mistakes.

kiddnothingg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kiddnothingg »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:^Damn that is a long time, hope you get them or your money back. I remember my last order, the items were 2wks late and pushed into the boxes and looked really rushed, I thought the beauty gurus would never get a package looking so unprofessional with a note that had spelling mistakes.
yeah they finally replied to my email asking me to open a case with USPS(which i mentioned that i already had in the first email i sent them), completely ignored the refund part and said they'd ship me a new box as a "one-time courtesy." i flat out told the woman i didn't appreciate her saying that sending me what i paid for is "courtesy" and i got my refund from the bank. fuck them. never buying anything from colourpop again, i don't care how cheap it is.

kjp_079
Informer
Informer

Post by kjp_079 »

I have had no issues with CP and I have ordered from them twice. I love the ultra matte lipsticks! I have found that the best way to apply them for the longest wear is to do a really thin coat. They are really pigmented so it is all you need. And with it being a thin coat it doesn't look flaky or anything. Clueless is my go to color <3 <3

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I also have a love/hate relationship with them. I've never had any shipping issues other than them jut being overwhelmed due to still being a small business technically. I love their highlighters and shadows, but the ultra matte lips (I hate the word lippie!) are terrible for the most part. I thought they were doing away with them and changing it to ultra satin lips but it appears not. Has the Ultra Matte lip formula changed since launch? I have Ouiji and Mars and they're horrid. They are super pigmented but they go on uneven and are so drying, even when I use a lip scrub and a balm. At this point I'm just using them to get rid of them. I also have Avenue but it seems to be a little better, maybe because it's darker?

I really like their basic lip stix though, I had Frieda (until it went through the laundry!) and I have the red one they had out around V-Day and I've loved them both. On the other side of that, their contour shades are nice but really hard to use. I like the bouncy "secret formula" but they're impossible to apply. I'm curious to try the new contour sticks, I've got a chubby face so I do actually benefit from contouring!

I like that they're so cheap though, you get a lot less product than it looks like from the containers, but it's definitely $5 worth. I follow them on Snapchat mostly for swatches but most of their employees are really annoying.

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

Yeah...I finally caved and placed an order. Any company that refers to me as "love" in what is supposed to be a professional email gets some serious side-eye from me. Let's hope I don't have shopping problems or hate all the products -I ordered a couple each of the matte, the satin, the regular lippies and the eyeshadows. Appreciated the input from you all on this thread in weighing the decision. Now I just want them to get here so I can play with them!

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

Shipping* lol talk about a Freudian slip...

Post by Guest »

^let us know what you think. It's been awhile since I looked at my CP stuff.

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

Hmmmm. Ok so I haven't gotten into the powders yet but I can tell you guys about the lip stuff lol.

I like the lippie sticks regular lipstick things. Kind of a weird smell to them but they're pretty opaque and not too drying. Some of them can look cakey (lighter colors). But they're true to color in the tube. Remind me of some of the stiffer rimmel lipsticks in terms of how they feel.

I'm having the weirdest problem with the liquid lipsticks though!! (Both formulas) I do like them overall but just unexpected issues. So I watched tons of swatch videos and looked up pictures before choosing colors but when I wear them they only look like the color of the swatches when wet, once they dry they change colors like completely on me. Not sure if maybe my lips are reacting weird with them/too pigmented (I'm super fair so I don't think that's it), or if that happens to everyone and we don't see it in videos because no one lets them dry? Anyway, example- I got midi, it goes on wet that bright baby doll purply/pink BUT it dries to this darker mauve color on me, not bright, more like a my lips but better color. Like how the hell does that happen?? The light colors especially seem to go several shades darker when dry which actually made the colors I thought would look perfect be way too dark. Hah. Definitely not true to the tube and I don't even know where to recommend a good dry lips swatch video or post. the bright and darker colors looked more like they were supposed to. Like Scrooge was basically dead on for its tube.

As for the formula of the liquid lips though, I don't hate it. I don't have problems with most liquid lipsticks feeling drying in general. I do have to stop myself for reaching for the lip balm while wearing these so it is a noticeable feeling. They don't last forever, I noticed them smudging on napkins when eating and stuff. Not on the back of my hand on test though so they're pretty good just not bulletproof or anything.

Oh and customer service suckkkkks. They screwed up and sent me 2 of the same color (one duplicate in the box for another..hmm). Anyway it was a huge pain to get them to send the missing color. I had to take pictures of the 2 duplicates, the box it shipped in, the invoice, and of the stamps of the person who inspected it just to even get to them saying they'd do something about it. It was for a $5 lippie stick. Jeezus. They did fix it but it was a pain in the ass and they kept calling me "love" the whole time while suggesting I was a liar.

As a side note. Why do they call everyone love anyway and why is there a U in colourpop?? They're made in Los Angeles and seem proud of it. Like, what? Isn't that demeaning to women and a bit presumptuous (that all their customers are women or are ok with being called love). Anyway, pet peeve there.

Overall: good for cheap drugstore level lip products. Nothing special but gets job done sufficiently. Watch the colors, the light ones might go darker on you.

KeepingUpWithMyself
Debater
Debater

Post by KeepingUpWithMyself »

its funny how many people have a love/hate relationship with CP. But i became a member of that family, too. I really love their highlighters, they work best for me. I own 3 of them and dont need any powder or liquid highlight since then.
BUT their lip products are not as good as i thought. I have several Ultra Mattes and some Lippie Stix. Besides the fact that I only wear matte lipsticks since the first brands released some i never touched the Stix. They're too creamy for me. The Ultra Mattes are too dry. After a handfull of hours i can rub them off and completely reapply.

Another thing that really bothers me is that they're selling now for around 2 years and still dont care about their customers from overseas. The only thing they made possible in that time is AUS/NZ Shipping. Europe is still waiting and that really took me away from that brand.
English is not my native language so please bare with me!

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”