Colour Pop

tottles
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Colour Pop

Post by tottles »

Anyone order from them? The processing of my order has been extremely slow (two weeks). And the tracking number they provided says my package will be delivered tomorrow in Ohio, even though my shipping address is in Virginia. Seriously?! You'd think with all that processing time, they would've gotten my address right. Haven't even gotten their products yet and I already hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MakeupAddict89
Learner
Learner

Re: Colour Pop

Post by MakeupAddict89 »

I ordered from them about 3 weeks back, I ordered 8 eye shadows, all bright non matte shadows. My shipping was very slow as well, got it about two weeks from the order day. However I didn't have any issues with the shipping other then the fact they said my package was going to come a day later then it did. My package arrived a day early and everything was as it was supposed to be. However you will LOVE the eye shadows if that is what you ordered. They really are amazing, very pigmented(so pigmented, they will stain your eye lids) and super easy to work with. I plan on ordering more of those one of these days. I'm really happy I ordered from them. What did you buy? If it's the lippies let me know how you like them, I've been wanting some of those as well, but didn't buy when I ordered and now wish I had.

paperpale
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by paperpale »

i loooove them ! the shadows and lip pencils are amazing. the lippiestix are great for $5, but you aren't
getting a ton of product- I think it works out to be about 1/3 of a regular lipstick. they are releasing blushes soon too!!!

MelliBelli09
Informer
Informer

Post by MelliBelli09 »

tottles wrote:Anyone order from them? The processing of my order has been extremely slow (two weeks). And the tracking number they provided says my package will be delivered tomorrow in Ohio, even though my shipping address is in Virginia. Seriously?! You'd think with all that processing time, they would've gotten my address right. Haven't even gotten their products yet and I already hate them. Image

Contact them.
They have some of the best customer service. They lost my order and they replaced everything plus threw in a $20 gift card.

I really like their products a lot. Its slow shipping but they're a small company and only started in 2014.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I'm excited to try this brand! Just waiting for the new Spring collection to release (the new blushes look gorgeous)

lurker12301
Debater
Debater

Post by lurker12301 »

I ordered from them. everything was great! I got eyeshadow and lippie stix. I will be buying more. Everything was great quality!

RecurringTroll
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by RecurringTroll »

I've never tried any of their products but I've been tempted to try some of the lippies. Are their products really as good as everyone says or is the hype fake? I'm a bit skeptical since the Youtubers that rave about them are usually sponsored.

Post by Guest »

I don't mind the satin and matte shadows, I just don't think the metallic ones are for me because of the glitter. However the two metallics I own are great and apply well with the finger as they say. But I'll stick with buying the other finishes.
As for the lippie stix, they're nice and are worth the money, some people don't like the vanilla/plastic scent but I'm ok with it surprisingly.

I am slightly annoyed with the time it takes to get a shipping notification it's longer than usual and then you have to wait longer for it to actually arrive!

Over all they're really good shadows and lipsticks for colour variety, texture and price.

macaroni
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by macaroni »

I ordered nine days ago and it's still 'processing.' This is really annoying. These shadows better be life changing for it to take over a week to even leave the store.

Also, I read some really shady stuff about this company on Reddit.

Makes me wonder about giving them my money.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

Yeah I was going to order from them but I don't know if I want too now after reading that reddit thing.

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ »

I can live without the lippie stix to be honest

groovyleese
Stalker
Stalker

Post by groovyleese »

I love them! Ordered 12 blushes the day they were released and 3 eye shadows. Got them quickly and they are gorgeous! I did get someone else's packing slip in my box, but it is a new company that boomed suddenly so that will happen. Sure they will grow and fix all the glitches. They even enclosed a hand written note! I am impressed!

macaroni
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by macaroni »

finally got my order two weeks later. I'm impressed with the lippie stix, but I'm on the fence about the shadows. they're beautiful and swatch beautifully but the packaging is really clunky for how little product there is. I stuck a pin in one and the product isn't very deep at all for how big the pot is. if they were a little smaller if be okay. frida is a great lippie. it goes with everything.

PeaceAndLove
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PeaceAndLove »

I placed an order a few days ago. Kinda glad I came to this thread. Apparently I'll be waiting awhile for my order. However I'm excited to try their products. I ordered 4 eye shadows, a lippie and a lippie stick. I ordered the Brink lippies.

Post by Guest »

I just received my order after 3 weeks and one shadow arrived cracked, the lippie stix weren't completely in their package, as if someone tried to push it in a hurry and my note looked like a 5 year old wrote it with the word "awsome"

Conclusion...I don't think I'll purchase again! I said in another post the products are good, yes the satin and matte shadows I like, lippie stix are nice but adding that you need to moisturise your lips before applying etc.

It's just the way I got my second order that turned me off the whole thing.

macaroni
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by macaroni »

Finally made up my mind. I actually don't like the lippie stix at all. I'll use them but I'm not gonna rush and buy more. I do love the eyeshadows. Tea Party is a must-have. The mattes are great, too. however, I really wish they'd fix their terrible shipping and processing time.

BabyJane
Talker
Talker

Post by BabyJane »

I think they are working on their shipping. I was expecting it to be forever because I keep seeing people complaining. I placed my first order Feb 24, received shipping confirmation March 2 (4 business days), and it arrived March 6 (four days in transit to east coast).

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

My most recent order I placed for 4 highlighters, 1 blush, and 3 of the new pastel mattes came very quickly. I love highlighters and had never tried their cheek products so I really wanted to see for myself. I also don't own any of the matte formula shadows so I wanted to try those out.

The highlighters were a big disappointment. Their descriptions on the website can be misleading. They were very sheer, don't apply well with a brush, and just wipe off the skin. The blush I got was actually supposed to be a contour shade. Much warmer than the swatch and description online. Will only use it for a light bronze look. But it does stain my skin. The pastels also stain the skin. I haven't tried the other mattes so I can't speak to that, but compared to their normal eye shadows these feel more like play dough than that creamy liquidy mousse texture. Since they are more dense they do pill up when using a brush. (I can only describe it was rolling up into tiny balls that could just fall out of the pan if you are not careful, thus wasting product)

The packaging is very clunky, and takes up a LOT of space. I like to depot my makeup to save space and these cannot be depotted. Of the 3 orders I have placed I had issues with 2 of the orders. My most recent purchase many of the cheek products were cracked. I could easily repress them but don't feel I should have to for that price. And some of the packaging was flawed. The threading on the product was messed up so the cap would not screw on tightly.

Since I have hooded lids I definitely have to prime my eyes, use a base, and set with powder for their shadows. Even some of the metallics still crease on me. I also really dislike the massive glitter fall-out.

As far as the lippies go, I am not a fan. I am one of those people that cannot get over that strong plastic smell. It is very off-putting to me. They definitely started off smelling more vanilla. And I noticed the more I used Lumiere, the more it smelled like plastic. Some of the ones I use less still smell more like vanilla. I own Feminist, Wet, and Lumiere. I wouldn't call the matte shades truly matte, they do have a sheen to them, which is more obvious in photos. Wet which is pearlized is definitely more sheer and needs to be built up. I bought this because I saw someone use it in an instagram post and it looked beautiful. I kind of regret that now because it is not that flattering. It works better on top of darker colors (feminist) to give a more metallic look. I also wish the colors were printed on the packaging because they are stuck on the bottom with a sticker. Mine keep coming off but that is more of an annoyance than a real issue with the product.

Sorry for the long post just trying to be thorough for anybody on the fence, or wanting to purchase some of the products. I think overall the brand is worth a try. They definitely have some good products. And from what others have posted, it is clear that depending on your preferences some products may work better. However, I definitely think these are over-hyped on youtube. I think many of the gurus overlook some of the obvious flaws or cons to the product. I think if you do a little research and find honest reviews and have a better description of the products you can pick out ones more suited to your preferences. Than just, "OMG EVERYTHING IS AMAZING!"

timebaby
Lurker
Lurker

Post by timebaby »

I kind of want to try them because they have cheap lippie colors that i want to see if they fit me, cause i dont want to spend so much on a color just for it to look like shit on my face you know? Maybe ill just hold off for now.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

timebaby wrote:I kind of want to try them because they have cheap lippie colors that i want to see if they fit me, cause i dont want to spend so much on a color just for it to look like shit on my face you know? Maybe ill just hold off for now.
Well if you want to try for yourself, I would. The products are cheap enough it isn't a huge waste just to try 1 or 2 things. When you sign up for email you get a 1 time coupon code for $5 which basically makes shipping (to the US) free. So you could pay for a lippie and not have to worry about shipping. Just be ware that they do have a distinct scent, so if you don't like any scent... maybe don't try it, but some people don't mind the scent.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”