What makeup products do you not wear?

MakeUpStuff
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What makeup products do you not wear?

Post by MakeUpStuff » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Primer. I do have one that i use occasionally, the Garnier 5 second blur, i just don't feel like it makes that much of a difference tbh.

Black eyeliner on the waterline. I love the way it looks, but i can't seem to find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline. They always end up in the inner corner looking like a mess or they smudge down below my lash line (which is okay if i have a black smokey eye, it kinda adds to the look, but otherwise its annoying)

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater

Post by sibkitty3 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

@ MakeUpStuff, have you tried Physician Formula's eyeliners-those stay on my waterline for a long time. It does smudge in the end tho, but it lasts longer than other ones I tried.

I don't use primer-I own them and all but I don't really need it. I don't wear blush (already have that blushed cheek effect, so why make it worse) and rarely contour/bronzer. I also don't wear lipgloss-I hate that sticky feeling and prefer dry lipsticks

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautymeg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm

I didn't wear foundation, blush, bronzer, mascara, eye liner and lip stick. The things that I use in my face are moisturizer, sunscreen, lip balm and lip glosses. I also like to use natural and organic products now to avoid skin irritation and problems.

Japanlover666
Informer
Informer

Post by Japanlover666 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 am

Recently I've been trying to get into bb cream/sheer foundations. I've been liking it so far. I've also been not doing eyeliner with my makeup either.

Ashe_456hhh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ashe_456hhh » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Actually, I am not like eyeliner and eye shadow at all XD May be they are more suitable for models;)

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 am

I don't line my lips or do my eyebrows. i prefer my eyebrows to not be eye-catching...idk. i also don't put anything in my waterline
But darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

MakeupAddict89
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupAddict89 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:00 am

Brow products, I don't do my brows, I just pluck and move on.

McNewbie

Post by McNewbie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:25 pm

I don't wear:
primer
bronzer
blush
eye brow products
lip liner
lip stick
false lashes

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:48 am

For me it kind of feels like I've always went through phases of "I REFUSE TO EVER WEAR THAT", then I'd try it... then it would become a staple. This has happened with foundation, blush, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, eye primer.. Basically my whole makeup discovery was a process of me trying to limit what I wear and now I wear a full face everyday. :roll:

My recent no-no was face primer but I purchased one yesterday. I tried it and it did actually smooth my skin over, so I suppose I'm going to see how it goes and it may become part of my routine - as if it doesn't take me long enough already!

I don't wear false eyelashes. That is something I can safely say will never happen. My eyes are pretty sensitive and I'm really bad at working with fiddly things like that so it kind of sounds like a recipe for disaster! Putting glue that close to your eyes... I don't get those who wear them every day! For special occasions, sure, but literal everyday use? And individuals! Nonononono.

Something else I will probably never wear is a shimmery bronzer. I love my mattes, and I may be able to handle something with a tiny bit of shimmer, but you'll never catch me in one of those disco ball "sun-kissed" things. Just doesn't look good on me at all.

Something I have yet to try is BB cream/tinted moisturizer, because my skin is so bad I feel I can't get away with stuff so light coverage, but I do want to try them eventually.

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lipstickliquor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:05 am

Bronzer. I am super pale person, and I've never found a bronzer that I like, so I just miss it.
ImageImage

monochrome
Debater
Debater

Post by monochrome » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Blush and Bronzer.
blush looks horrible on my round face and bronzer always looks dirty on me.
the world is filled with happy things and great things

tinysapling
Talker
Talker

Post by tinysapling » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:22 am

I don't wear primer, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, eye shadow, bronzer, illuminator, falsies.

I do wear bb cream with spf, powder, brows, mascara, and lip products. **ot: it sounds kinda minimal but it makes me look extremely made up, like a nighttime evening look. I think it's because I have strong features. I used to wear more products but it made me look way too overdone which I used to be sad about because I love makeup and have a lot of pricey items that I now rarely use. )=

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:36 pm

bronzer.

I'm really pale and I just cannot find one I like or have the patience to use.

I feel like I have enough products on my face without it.

flea
Talker
Talker

Post by flea » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:43 am

Bronzer and all of the BB/CC trend stuff that's been out in the last 2 years or so, they're always way too dark and often quite shiny!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:32 pm

I don't wear concealer. I don't know why. Can't be bothered to buy one,m don't think I really need it and overall just want to avoid the cake face.
iHERB referral code: ZRN037

mychelle+
Informer
Informer

Post by mychelle+ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:57 pm

For me, it's false eyelashes, eyeshadow primers, lip glosses, and setting sprays.

laladoll
Learner
Learner

Post by laladoll » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 am

lipliner (tho i really wanna join the fad haha! sucks for my perpetually chapped lips), primer (occasionally i'll use mac paint pots), falsies.

chunkemonke
Talker
Talker

Post by chunkemonke » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:26 am

Lipstick, lipgloss, tinted balms. No matter how much I moisturize my lips no color seems to look good on me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not USED to wearing color on my lips, or my lips just aren't lipstick material ... :(

Falsies or waterproof mascara, falsies because I have long lashes that are straight so I would imagine it would look stupid plus it looks like too much effort, and I'm just scared of gluing them on haha. And waterproof mascara because I can never get it off.

I also don't usually wear foundation unless I feel more self conscious than usual, because I hate the feeling of anything on my skin (even moisturizer.) But! I just started moisturizing in the past year though and I'll never go back lol. :D

Nickelliebear
Learner
Learner

Post by Nickelliebear » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:33 am

I skip on highlighter more often than not.

Falsies aren't something I dig out often either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toodaloo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by toodaloo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 pm

I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes. I have never been able to find one that does not smudge.

Deir
Learner
Learner

Post by Deir » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Lip gloss (nasty), primer (lazy), and eyeliner (lazy).

orilla

Post by orilla » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 pm

I never wear lip gloss, for some reason whenever I try to I just freak out and wipe it off. I also blot whatever lipstick I'm wearing. I like matte lips. :(

I also never wear highlighter. I own a couple but I'm always too heavy handed and can't see it showing up on my skin so I apply more and then my face just looks discoball-esque. Wah.

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:27 am

Lipgloss - disgusting;
Face primer - I've never felt a need to use it. Eyeshadow primer - yes and it's made a difference, but the face one - not really;
Foundation - because lately I'm too lazy to put it on in the mornings and get away with concealing. Pretty sure I won't wear it either when it gets hot and I feel it clogging the [email protected] out of my pores;
Bronzer and/or a contouring product - ain't nobody got time for that. At least not me. I'm okay with a little bit of blush.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Lipgloss. I can't believe it was ever my favorite thing. The only exceptions are stains like the MUFE Aqua Rouge things.
I don't really use bronzer either, I never feel like I need it.

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 pm

chunkemonke wrote:I'm not sure if it's because I'm not USED to wearing color on my lips, or my lips just aren't lipstick material ... :(
I think it's impossible for someone not to be able to wear lipstick! Trust me, you just have to get used to it. At first I hated lipstick and thought I looked crazy. Now I love it and have an amazing collection that is slowly approaching embarrassing (not to me!). Finding the right color also has a lot to do with it.

I would go somewhere that sells lipstick that you can try on first, such as a MAC counter. Not necessarily to buy anything (though if you see something you like and would wear, get it if its within your budget), but just to get a feel for what you like and what looks good. This way you can find colors more easily at drugstores, etc.

For getting over the way it looks, I would just go somewhere cheap and purchase a .99 cent lipstick or something. I think Wet n Wild have them... pick a color (or a few) you like and just wear it around your house, looking in the mirror whenever you pass one for a couple days. If you still really don't like it after getting used to it, you may just not like lipstick, or you may just need to find a better color/different finish. It's tricky, but I wouldn't just give up. Lip products add a lot to a look for some people. :)

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”