Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask
Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Eye Patches

BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Skincare routines

Post by BornThisWay94 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:41 am

My morning and night routine is the same.

Wet face with warm water
Wash with Philosophy's Purity facial wash
Tone with Burt's Bee's rosewater toner
Moisturize with either my Clinique Moisture Surge, a Vitamin E cream, or Vanishing Cream by Lush. Moisturizer brand doesn't matter too much to me as long as I have something

If I have a pimple I'll use Grease Lightning by Lush on it and I'll do their Mask of Magnaminty mask about 2x a week

WilliG
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by WilliG » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:17 am

My skin definitely responds to "less is more" because anything more than this, my skin breaks out.

In the AM I rinse my face, apply moisturizer (nivea creme when it's really cold outside, Olay total effects otherwise), and then sunscreen (Boire watery essences spf 50)

In the PM I remove makeup with mineral oil, wash my face with olay gentle foaming cleanser and moisturize with nivea or olay.

WilliG
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by WilliG » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:17 am

My skin definitely responds to "less is more" because anything more than this, my skin breaks out.

In the AM I rinse my face, apply moisturizer (nivea creme when it's really cold outside, Olay total effects otherwise), and then sunscreen (Boire watery essences spf 50)

In the PM I remove makeup with mineral oil, wash my face with olay gentle foaming cleanser and moisturize with nivea or olay.

lovnatural
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by lovnatural » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:23 am

For me it looks like this:

Morning:
-A big glass of water
-Almond sweet cleaner
- Botanical Eye Serum
- Oral care
- Botanical Face Powder
- Mascara and rest of makeup products

Night:
-Two times almond sweet cleaner
-( after first almond cleaner I brush my teeth, to let the second layer of cleaner sink into my skin)
- Vitamin c nigh serum
- Hydrating Night Cream

I am using only two brands products. And only vegan, natural and cruelty- free.
For makeup: Tarte (https://tartecosmetics.com/en_US/home)
And for the skincare (and face powder): Virginic (https://virginic.com/pages/why-us)

I am in love with Virginic products. A few months ago I decided to completely switch to only their skincare products and I can honestly recommend Virginic. Their products have everything, literally everything that I need. I love essential oils, and they know how to mix them to get great results. You can check the ingredients and they use only natural products, no chemicals. If my skin could speak, she would definitely thanks me for that change.

lurker1991
Talker
Talker

Post by lurker1991 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

cleanser and makeup remover: Dove Dermaseries fragrance-free cleanser bar. I just started using this last week, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

nighttime moisturizing: Vitamin Shoppe hyaluronic acid serum, and also raw shea butter on top of the serum in the more dry weather.

daytime moisturizing and sunscreen: Australian Gold botanical tinted face lotion SPF 50

I don't use exfoliants right now. I tried Paula's Choice and Alpha Hydrox (plus prescription tretinoin which was awful) in the past. I didn't see any difference when I used them though. I might try out some Deciem exfoliants though since they're cheap so it's worth experimenting with.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”