• Advertisement

Reinstate CHB

Thank you for visiting us!

Should Coldheartedbitch be a moderator again?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am

Yes
49%
No
36%
Unsure
15%

Total votes : 123

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Sierra25 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 am

The poll should have been left up longer IMO. I came back to vote and it’s over...however according to CHB our opinions don’t really matter anyway since it’s up to two people.

Anyway my vote -

Based on past actions -no.
Based on behavior in this thread - no.
Sierra25
Debater
Debater

Advertisement

Postby notyourcupoftea » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 am

Wow this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. Why not give just CHB a probationary period?
notyourcupoftea
Debater
Debater

Postby litkitten » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 am

Lol I think CHB's behavior is honestly cringe-worthy and severely desperate, if I'm being honest. We gossip and make statements about YouTubers who are in a position of some power, and when they make a mistake, we tarnish their actions and names in our threads. I mean, we just do. What's the difference, I guess? Anyways - I don't think there was enough time given to vote either, and with that, I will vote no as well. Just because every explanation does not require a novel, it's really quite intimidating, and not in an admirable way. Makes me feel like I am being talked down upon, and I wasn't even the person being responded to. The linked thread where she was spewing trash and throwing around crazy amounts of expletives felt gross. Just my two cents, as we are all entitled to it, eh? ;) Regardless - mods are mods. And it doesn't entirely affect me, but given the option, I made my vote *shrug*
litkitten
Learner
Learner

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:27 am

auntiflo13 wrote:Many of you asked for an explanation and apology , for which CHB gave very eloquent responses (and apologies) HOWEVER, some of you still aren't happy and are now twisting what she's said and saying she's 'escalating the situation'. We are not nominating someone for the head of a big multi national corporation here - it is a moderator's post for which she is bloody good at. There is no doubt about it - we NEED an experienced mod who knows their way around the site blindfolded. It's not that deep of an issue. I'm also surmising that because the vote didn't go 'your way' - you're all retaliating - it's like reliving the referendum and the Brexit vote!
or the 2016 American vote... :roll:

Thank you Auntie Flo for the sweet and beautiful message. Apparently, and this is what is just absurd to me, they're hurling accusations and attacking my character as well as attacking my moral fiber and they're expecting me to not react in any way shape or form, and because of the fact that I am defending myself, they're judging me on my reactions to their constant barrage of slander in this thread which have nothing to do with what

Though they won't actually say it, I get the feeling, that they're judging me on the fact that I I'm not pandering and profusely apologizing to THEM for when I was a mod and had to issue board warnings or had to edit a post or "derailed" the thread with a warning, whatever. They want me to apologize for being a mod in the first place.

You're absolutely right that they're retaliating because the fact that the vote didn't go their way and now they want Miss Jammers to have the poll go on longer so that it can possibly go their way.

Perhaps they want for me to rescind my request and I've thought about it, I mean frankly I'm getting too old for this. But why should I rescind just to give them what they want? What about what the 60% who are in favor of me being reinstated want?

It's been stated a few times in this thread that the way I speak to people is a reason why I shouldn't be reinstated and why I was a bad mod in the first place. They are not understanding that diffusing the situation is not limited to one sort of action. A mod cannot always placate the masses and sometimes they have to get mean. That goes for any mod, past or present. two situations are not the same and no two consequences are the same. If people are attacking one another, then the last thing a good mod is going to do is speak gently to them and try to be reasonable with them. A good mod is not going to solely focus on the people violating the rules but they're going to think about the people that don't violate the rules and how can they make a board better for them and make sure that they are able to enjoy the board without a lot of brouhaha. The same goes if the same issue keeps occurring, after a group has been told to stop doing whatever it is they're doing be it attacking one another, posting private information such as addresses phone numbers neighborhood landmarks, describing their drive-by of the YouTubers house, and they continue doing it over and over and over again the last thing a good mod is going to do is speak sweetly to them and ask them to please stop doing that. They don't seem to understand that there are people here who don't care what the rules are, they're going to do what they want to do. And in order to protect the good members from the amoral posters, a mod has to get tough in whatever way that will dispel the situation, either through a terse board warning, a temporary ban, a banner in whatever thread warning anybody who posts to not violate whatever rule the other posters keep breaking, an individual warning or even locking a thread for 24 hours. They don't seem to understand that a mod can only do so much and repeating the same warning over and over and over again and being as gentle as possible just doesn't help especially when it comes to rules being continually violated and emotions running high and that sometimes in order to diffuse a situation A firm hand is needed. They don't seem to understand that if a mod gets tough it is usually because of the fact that posters are choosing to carry on like preschool children before naptime.

It doesn't even matter to them that I apologized to Miss Jammers and to Morgan, I think that no matter what I say or how many times I apologize, it wouldn't do one bit of good for these people who are so against me modding a site that gossips about YouTubers. They're acting on their emotions. They are not thinking about the site as a whole. and not looking at the entire picture. They're not thinking of the fact that you, the other mods and Miss Jammers need experienced people. They're not thinking about the fact that this is not like other sites and it requires a person who doesn't freak out when somebody threatens them or starts stalking them either on the site or off.

In this thread you and Miss Jammers are the only ones who understand what being a mod on GG really like. And you all are the only ones who understand that mods don't just enforce the rules in man the boards . Mods on this site do everything as I stated yesterday short of the technical maintenance required to keep it running. This is not a one mod technique fits all sort of site or a cut and dry sort of site. It needs people who understand that.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby jackieanne » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am

I always found CHB to be fair. She was a good mod and I could always go to her with an issue.
jackieanne
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 am

litkitten wrote:Lol I think CHB's behavior is honestly cringe-worthy and severely desperate, if I'm being honest. We gossip and make statements about YouTubers who are in a position of some power, and when they make a mistake, we tarnish their actions and names in our threads. I mean, we just do. What's the difference, I guess? Anyways - I don't think there was enough time given to vote either, and with that, I will vote no as well. Just because every explanation does not require a novel, it's really quite intimidating, and not in an admirable way. Makes me feel like I am being talked down upon, and I wasn't even the person being responded to. The linked thread where she was spewing trash and throwing around crazy amounts of expletives felt gross. Just my two cents, as we are all entitled to it, eh? ;) Regardless - mods are mods. And it doesn't entirely affect me, but given the option, I made my vote *shrug*
. Well I'm sorry that if wanting to be thorough in my statements is intimidating. Being succinct is not one of my strong suits. I suppose I could lie and say that I'll stop being long-winded just for you and anyone else intimidated or annoyed by my long-ass posts, but where would the fun in that be?

As for being cringe-worthy and desperate? Sweetheart, I am not desperate to mod a site where there is no pay and is 78% of the time is met with insolence, surliness, hatefuulness, several degrees of sociopathy and a general disrespect. Perhaps there are some people who are desperate to be mods on this site but I am not one of them.

If you had read my statements at all then you would know that the only reason why I was asking to be reinstated was because I was asked.

The only thing cringe-worthy is the fact that this Board needs moderators at all. If supposed grown ups would stop acting so self entitled and conducted themselves with a modicum of grace, mods wouldn't be needed at all. And perhaps if those supposed grown ups knew how to control themselves and adhere to the posted rules and wouldn't need someone to tell them to stop misbehaving, the necessity for mods would be a moot issue.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby auntiflo13 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 am

jackieanne wrote:I always found CHB to be fair. She was a good mod and I could always go to her with an issue.

Exactly Jackieanne....... you've only got to look at the amount of 'likes' that she has under her avatar too! If she wasn't a fair moderator, she wouldn't have so many likes !
'I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good!'
auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby TeddySerious » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:45 am

Good to know I don’t know what being a mod on GG is like..... :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for letting me know.

Hahaha *goes back to binging Ozark*
To the people on Guru Gossip: Your infertility may be your own karma for how you act throughout your life.

—Niki Murphy/babygirlnb32
TeddySerious
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby Itsonlyme » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 pm

I tend to agree with sierra25 - based on behaviour on this thread I would have voted no. If I had know about the vote.

I have not personally interacted with CBH but based on the replies in this thread I feel she is condescending and very defensive. I would not vote for her to be a mod.

There has been no admission that she has done the wrong thing or that she intends to change. Admittedly I haven’t read every word in the “long ass posts” and what I have read makes no sense and comes off very hypocritical.
Itsonlyme
Informer
Informer

Postby lolomgstop » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm

ColdHeartedBitch wrote:The only thing cringe-worthy is the fact that this Board needs moderators at all. If supposed grown ups would stop acting so self entitled and conducted themselves with a modicum of grace, mods wouldn't be needed at all. And perhaps if those supposed grown ups knew how to control themselves and adhere to the posted rules and wouldn't need someone to tell them to stop misbehaving, the necessity for mods would be a moot issue.

This.

:love2:
lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby OldHag13 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm jumping into this incredibly late, but had I known there was a poll I would have voted "YES." I have been on this board for a couple of years now, and I personally have had only seen positive interactions with CHB.

People make mistakes. She has apologized. Is this board so serious in the grand scheme of things that people don't warrant a second chance?
OldHag13
Informer
Informer

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:49 pm

TeddySerious wrote:Good to know I don’t know what being a mod on GG is like..... :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for letting me know.

Hahaha *goes back to binging Ozark*
Dear, with all due respect, I was not addressing you when I made that post, I was speaking to the ones who are not GG mods. I know that you, as well as hell yeah, and any other mod past or present, know exactly what it's like to mod GG.
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Itsonlyme wrote:I tend to agree with sierra25 - based on behaviour on this thread I would have voted no. If I had know about the vote.

I have not personally interacted with CBH but based on the replies in this thread I feel she is condescending and very defensive. I would not vote for her to be a mod.

There has been no admission that she has done the wrong thing or that she intends to change. Admittedly I haven’t read every word in the “long ass posts” and what I have read makes no sense and comes off very hypocritical.
Condescending? Perhaps. Defensive? Absolutely. Wouldn't you be defensive if lies were being told about you, your character was assassinated and you were bashed, attacked and slandered continually over the course of three or more days?

How about it people were exaggerating what you did and made it seem as if what you did was on par with committing an absolutely heinous and disgusting crime?
What if people were taking joy in stating a bunch of unfounded lies and rumorsm

If you haven't felt the need to defend yourself when you've been the subject of an ongoing character assassination for days on end and you haven't felt the need to defend yourself and haven't jumped on the defensive, then please tell me how you've reacted positively when you've been bashed, attacked and slandered?

Why would I state that I intend to change? The only thing that I will change is I'll keep my beliefs off of the boards. But I will not apologize for my beliefs, nor will I change them. As for admitting that I was wrong, yes I have actually, to the people that I wronged-- Miss Jammers and Morgan. They are the only ones who were owed apologies and they are the ones that I wronged. I also apologized for disrupting their site and attacking their characters. If you (or anyone) would like a copy of the PM wherein I first apologized to them, I will gladly provide it, with Miss Jammer's acquiescence.

I have nothing to apologize to the members for except for the fact I gave a spiritual admonishment rather than a secular one, and I apologized for that when it happened a year ago. I will not apologize for that again.

What exactly doesn't make any sense to you? Do you know what led up to my demodding a year ago? With all due respect, are you aware of what any of this is about?

What else do you think I need to apologize for? How do you feel that you (or any member) were wronged and what should I apologize for and why should I vow to change?
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby fancynancy_ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 am

The one thing and the reason I stopped posting and visiting this site, is because of the double standard.

Homophobic and racial slurs are not allowed, yet people are allowed to use my God's name in vain, and when there was a thread about it, for people who doesn't even believe in God, we were outvoted. I don't get it, I respect other people's believes, not just religion but I will never call someone a slur, but it's okay for people to use Jesus Christ as a slur, hence the reason I started saying fucking alah because the double standards honestly makes me want to HURL!

Also, it's okay for people to make derogatory statements about trump supporters or republicans. Honestly, am I going crazy here or is anyone else seeing this? The level should be equal for ALL!!!! And this is the reason why I support CBH, and have done so for years and years, yes sometimes she reacted emotionally but I understand, because it makes me sick to my stomach to see the double standards on this board.
fancynancy_
Talker
Talker

Postby SuggthePug » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 am

I know I said I was out of this thread, but I had a look through the old thread from last year where all the drama went down. CHB doxed a user and posted their entire first name and partial last name, abusing her powers as a mod. Call it a mistake, but it's an abuse of power none the less. None of the other shit matters to me, but the fact that she doxed someone is inexcusable in my book.

This is an anonymous forum and users should be able to trust that their info that they use to sign up with stays private. It's a trust-issue. CHB had been trusted with a position of power and she abused that. Her being remodded would make me very, very uncomfortable and I signed up with an anonymous freaking email-address.

Sorry. It has nothing to do with mental health, religion, politics or any of that random shit. Doxing is NEVER OK. I would expect the admins would have higher standards for mods. You wouldn't pick a user with warnings, you wouldn't pick someone who freaking DOXED someone. The fact that she wasn't banned after that violation is beyond me.
SuggthePug
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby SuggthePug » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 am

And yes, you can apologize until you're blue in the face, but to quote one of the kids I teach: Apologies aren't always enough.

Maybe I'm putting myself in some people's bad books here, but still. I think doxing someone is too much of a violation. I get that it's easier to remod someone who was formerly a mod, who did have a good track-record than finding new ones, but damn .. That track-record was ruined with the simple fact that she leaked someones private information.

Now, that's all. Peace out.
SuggthePug
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Postby Delet This » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 pm

When we signed up I don't think we agreed to have our real names shared or posted. If they think mods are ok w doing that they should change that in registration and make an announcement to avoid liability.
Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Vindictive_Kitten » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 pm

I mean yeah.. go ahead and invade people’s person information, push your personal views on threads, and edit people’s posts. All you gotta do is make sure that you’re friends with other moderators, and it won’t matter!! All that matters is that you have history, and plenty of likes! Everyone should fully trust you to regulate this website, especially with your wonderful ability to make anyone with an opposing view feel like a complete moron! I’m SURE there are other people who would be perfect candidates to mod this website.. there’s a few perfect examples on this thread itself, but let’s just focus on CBH coming back.
Vindictive_Kitten
Talker
Talker

Postby Bremen » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Had I known about the poll, I would've voted "no". I've been on this site a few years, and while I participate in few threads, I lurk many. I've never had any personal run-ins with CHB, but seeing her interactions with others has left a sour taste in my mouth. Political and religious arguments are bad enough, but abusing your power and spitefully doxxing someone is on another level.

The defensiveness and desparation in this thread also solidifies my decision. Saying "If we're all mature adults then we wouldn't need mods anyways" is hilariously hypocritical considering it's in defense of being re-instated after being de-modded due to a childish tirade. How are we to be moderated by someone who can't follow the rules herself?
Bremen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 am

In order to put the rumors and allegations that I doxxed a member to rest finally, I will explain the events that occurred.

The following incident occurred at a time when accusations of power tripping by the mods were hurled by a group whose favorite posters were banned due to belligerence and repeated violations, as a result, the mods were instructed to not ban anyone but spammers.

The poster that I allegedly doxxed, had been using religious slurs and was engaging in religious hate speech. She had received nine warnings by other mods for similar actions previously. Upon receiving warnings from me, she became very argumentative, stating that the religious slur she was using is just a name and using names as expletives shouldn't be offensive to anyone. I then stated that she was right, names weren't offensive so therefore I was going to start using her name as my expletive of choice, I did not know her real name nor did I have any knowledge of her real name, I made up a name, and the xxx'ed out surname was just that-- x's. I didn't dox her nor would I put anyone's privacy at risk, regardless of their actions. I believe fully in protecting the anonymity of members on this site. An example is when posters have used their real pictures on their profiles, I have removed them and sent them a pm explaining why it was removed. I have also told many members who share their personal social media names to refrain from doing that and if they want to share their names with other posters, to please PM them. The poster carried on for days, accusing me of using her real name, when in fact, I didn't. She carried on that narrative for days, it grew into a rumor and it was believed by several members, because she was a member and I was a mod. And in actuality, if I had used her real name, Miss Jammers and Morgan would have taking action and would have not only demodded me, but they would have permanently banned me as well. The staff at GG do everything they can to preserve the anonymity of the members.

I wanted to prove my point and I went about it in a sarcastic, childish way. In hindsight I would have handled it much better. In hindsight I would have looked at her record and and would have brought the matter to Miss Jammers and Morgan to see if we could make an exception and ban her permanently for repeatedly violating the rules.

I hope my explanation is accepted and the rumors are finally put to rest.
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to NEWS
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge