• Advertisement
    

Reinstate CHB

Thank you for visiting us!

Should Coldheartedbitch be a moderator again?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am

Yes
60
49%
No
44
36%
Unsure
19
15%
 
Total votes : 123

Reinstate CHB

Postby MissJammers » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:55 am

Coldheartedbitch would like to come back as a mod. This poll is for us to get user input on the subject. We will review the results in a week.
Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences :FU:
User avatar
MissJammers
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Advertisement

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby NomNomMinions » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Not sure if leaving a comment is ok in this instance as I've never seen or participated in a poll-style thread before. Despite that, I would like to say that in every single interaction I've had with CHB, she has been fair and protective (doxing is a terrible thing) of the members of this community. During her time as a mod, she was nothing short of helpful and informative.

Hope you all are having a good week!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. :FU:
User avatar
NomNomMinions
Debater
Debater
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:06 am
Has thanked: 723 times
Been thanked: 1038 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby tar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:55 pm

I would love <3 to have her back.
User avatar
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:33 pm
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 6410 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Sierra25 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Forgive my memory - was she the one who posted those religious responses that there was a thread about?
Sierra25
Debater
Debater
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:10 pm
Has thanked: 479 times
Been thanked: 1150 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby milanese15 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Personally, I think she behaved so ridiculously in that post, especially her final goodbye, that she should at least apologize. I can get behind a second chance, but it should probably come with some humility and an explanation.
milanese15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 3119 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Spoilerlurt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Sierra25 wrote:Forgive my memory - was she the one who posted those religious responses that there was a thread about?

I had to search, seems so. Also seems they were gone from dec-sept? If so and wants to be mod again, I say nope just for that, give it time maybe. I’ve been around since the first gg, I left because of the extreme censorship, but it was nothing like changing “Jesus christ!” posts into religious rants, that’s just nutty.
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=32968
User avatar
Spoilerlurt
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:46 am
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby DragonQueen » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:39 am

In my opinion, a quick glance at her post history will show that she does not communicate respectfully with users and is not suitable to be in a position of power on this site.
DragonQueen
Lurker
Lurker
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby champers » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 pm

I can’t even make posts to comment anywhere! i’m a bit behind on threads to know mod but will look at posts if site allows!
champers
Wallflower
Wallflower
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby auntiflo13 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:28 am

CHB has been nothing but supportive for the last couple of years that I've been on GG. I don't think that one incident should mar her future on here - we're all human - we all make mistakes. I've missed her terribly. People seem to forget the hundreds of times she has handled the trolls we had on GG
'I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good!'
User avatar
auntiflo13
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 am
Has thanked: 5055 times
Been thanked: 9786 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Delet This » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm a mod of a higher traffic site than this so I'm a little bewildered why her being reinstated is even considered. A mod's religious beliefs, political stance, and posting users real names should be forbidden.

Many x she would post, on her mod account, about "stupid liberals" (um you realize you're insulting like 50% of your users?) saying Jesus or God was censored and if you questioned it she'd lecture he's the true God- no offense but I'm here to talk shit about gurus not for the site staff to save my soul, and when she was demod she said now she knows how Christian pilgrims felt in persecution and disparaged the site staff and mod running the lulu email account.

I'm sure she's a nice lady just you have to be unbiased and not use the mod power to promote your beliefs. She, leds than one year ago, showed she was incapable of that. If you don't feel users deserve protection of his propaganda and are ok w the doxing than I guess that's where this site stands and if mods can do it users will too.
User avatar
Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 1289 times
Been thanked: 5550 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:06 pm

I was a mod on this site for 3 years and had one instance of unprofessional behavior. I will not apologize for my beliefs and I will never apologize for my faith. However it was not the place and it was certainly not the time to "preach". The only people owed an apology, have been apologized too and those people are Miss Jammers and Morgan. Yes I allowed my spiritual beliefs to get in the way of my modding and all hell broke loose. For that disruption and my subsequent rant, I apologize to the members. The reason why I want to be reinstated is because I actually enjoyed helping the members as well as helping my fellow mods. Being a mod is an unpaid and unpopular position and quite frankly it can be a masochistic one. Masochistic because people hate you for enforcing the rules, and they attack you for being "unfair", (some even threatened to kill me and the other staff members) but still one plugs on because you were entrusted with a position to enforce the rules and keep the peace. Sometimes it's a thankless job and other times, it's wonderful and fully rewarding, especially if you're a person who enjoys helping others.

I'm bewildered because I see somebody posting about wanting an apology either for herself or for GG as a whole, when the fact of the matter is, I wasn't targeting anyone but our fearless leaders, which again, I profusely apologize for, they didn't deserve my caustic attack. It's never ceases to amaze me how fair weather some people are. When they need your help and you're more than willing to do it and give it, they have nothing but wonderful things to say about you but you mess up one time ONE time and they're ready to crucify you. And on the other side of the same coin, I'm honestly touched with the forgiveness, the loyalty and support from so many. You guys and the other true blue members are the reason I modded as long as I did.

I actually enjoyed being as indispensable as possible to both the powers-that-be and the members that make this site happen. I know that before I was modded, GG was in a state of irreparable disarray and there was a mass Exodus to another site which shall not be named due to hints, lies, allegations and things left unsaid and from things that were said. But honestly it comes down to the fact that the rules were enforced and an errant group did not like that. Before that exodus, GG was a great place, our safe space from the dumbass gurus and the stans who would kill for them. Everybody was very close and there was a family-type type feeling, if not familial, then certainly a close relationship. When I was invited to be a mod, I was determined to get that back. Not for myself so much as for the members. Unfortunately my being modding was not a very popular decision, one, because I hadn't been on long enough in the eyes of some, two because they assumed that I had demanded the job, and because I am not one to mince words. I'm certainly not politically correct. Though I don't think I've ever insulted "50% of the site" by regularly calling anyone a "Dumbass liberal" I probably said it on the Fateful Day, but then again, I said a lot of things. We all have things that we'd love to take back. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't. Several times I was asked by individual members to delete their comments because they knew that they would get backlash for having a difference of opinion or going against the collective narrative. I even did it for some of the members who are having a problem with me wanting to be reinstated. Imagine that.

I didn't ask for this position initially, rather I was invited and after some thought, I decided I could do it and moreover, I wanted to do it. I wanted to help getting GG back to what it had been, and hopefully even better. I was told that I would be met with a lot of anger and a lot of hate, because people don't like being admonished when they break the rules, since I'm pretty thick-skinned, the hate and bashing I received didn't bother me so much, I figured it was par for the course and my goal wasn't to see how much hate I could get my goal was to see how much help I could give. That being said, I think a lot of the disagreement in my being reinstated has more to do with my last post, the rule enforcement that led up to my last post and the unprofessional way that I handled it, rather than being judged on my entire modding "career" for lack of a better word.

I did far more good than harm and is just a shame that only the bad is remembered by certain people.

Modding unfortunately is never a popular job and it is a difficult job because of all the best personalities that one is dealing with and trying to find the balance to make everybody involved happy. Unfortunately, it is impossible to make everybody happy, especially when rules are being enforced. The day I was enforcing the rules and later started preaching was not without provocation. I tried enforcing the rules and I was met with a lot of opposition and a lot of entitlement. The subsequent temper tantrums from the people that I had admonished or nothing short of horrifying. My inbox was filled with all kinds of bashings threats just really disgusting stuff. I got pushed to the edge and had to once again reinforce the rules and allowed myself to be led by my emotions rather than led with my head. Before that incident I enforce the rules professionally and with dignity even when I had to issue a warning I would more often than not reach out to the person apologize and let them know that it was nothing personal most of the time I would even remove the warning after a week or two, depending on the severity of their violation. During my modship I banned a handful of people and issued warnings to a few. I don't believe I ever unfairly band and some of the time, the powers-that-be would reinstate the person who was banned even though the person ended up getting banned anyway. As I said it is impossible to please everybody all of the time. But the enforcement of the rules always has to be the first and foremost otherwise they'll just be chaos, the mods don't try to make GG into something out of a George Orwell novel but they are just trying to make sure that the site run smoothly and that everybody is respected, whether they're a VIP and one of the more "popular" people or a relative newbie learning the ropes. There is always a handful of people who do not feel that the rules should apply to them either because they've been here for a long time or because they have an insane amount of posts or because they think the rules are meant for everybody but them. I always tried to be fair and I always tried to find a just and equitable solution to whatever problem was occurring. Sometimes I was successful and sometimes I wasn't. But I always made sure that the parties involved were respected by myself the staff and other members.

In spite of the fact that my requesting to be reinstated is an obvious exercise in masochistic futility and I am essentially opening myself up to unabashed hatred, criticism, judgment, whatever you want to call it of a one time fuck up and am asking to be reinstated to an incredibly unpopular position, thereby opening myself up to more hate and temper tantrums the sole reason I am asking to be reinstated is simple: I love the members of this site and helping you all was incredibly rewarding and it is something I miss dearly. I used to tell myself that if I could help just one person while I was modding, on any given day, then it was a good day and I felt like I maybe made somebody's day a little bit better. I know that they made my day better just because of the fact that they're here. I'm not going to beg for my position back nor am I going to get any more long-winded than I already have. After reading some of the more caustic comments on this thread I felt the need to state my piece.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 am

*a lot of the above message was done via voice to text while I was stuck in gridlock, heading downriver. I didn't proofread it before sending, I apologize for the obvious typos and wrong words.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby MissJammers » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 am

milanese15 wrote:Personally, I think she behaved so ridiculously in that post, especially her final goodbye, that she should at least apologize. I can get behind a second chance, but it should probably come with some humility and an explanation.
.

I believe she did apologize afterword.
Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences :FU:
User avatar
MissJammers
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby MissJammers » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:24 am

ColdHeartedBitch wrote:*a lot of the above message was done via voice to text while I was stuck in gridlock, heading downriver. I didn't proofread it before sending, I apologize for the obvious typos and wrong words.


I can say as an admin, I’ve had people call me(they must have paid a site to get my number, address, and name), threaten my house, and threaten my child. It’s NOT as easy site to moderate. It’s impossible to please all the users of the site and when you’re being threatened, called names and generally harassed, sometimes emotions get the best of us. Coldheartedbitch also has extenuating circumstances that she can explain if she so feels like it (CHB, you know what I’m referring to).
Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences :FU:
User avatar
MissJammers
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:39 am

MissJammers wrote:
milanese15 wrote:Personally, I think she behaved so ridiculously in that post, especially her final goodbye, that she should at least apologize. I can get behind a second chance, but it should probably come with some humility and an explanation.
.

I believe she did apologize afterword.
Yes I did and I apologized to the people who it was directed to and who deserved it the most, you and Morgan. I will apologize again and again because I am sincerely sorry that I behaved so loutishly and so gravely out of character. Neither of you have done anything to deserve the ire that was spewed.

This is a public forum but as far as I remember Milanese wasn't involved in any way shape or form, so I don't know why she's expecting an apology from me, if she could shed some light as to why she feels she needs an apology I would greatly appreciate it.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Delet This » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am

There were no applicant or you guys are so short staffed you need someone who brought religion, politics, and personal attacks onto the job?
I mean you guys don't want users doing that shit so now if it's ok for a mod to do it or forgiven then rewarded please don't be surprised if users follow suit, you excused it of authority.

I'm you guys said you get so many PMs and attacks. In my years I've only had one pm questioning my mod action after a warning (from returned banned user).
How active is the report center that would be that constant berrage of abuse? I work on a place with over a hundred thousand users (some can't be contentious in threads) and our report center maybe gets 60-100 reports a day? And our mods cumulatively get only maybe one mean or disputing pm a week so for a site with lower activity it's seems strange.
User avatar
Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 1289 times
Been thanked: 5550 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Delet This wrote:There were no applicant or you guys are so short staffed you need someone who brought religion, politics, and personal attacks onto the job?
I mean you guys don't want users doing that shit so now if it's ok for a mod to do it or forgiven then rewarded please don't be surprised if users follow suit, you excused it of authority.

I'm you guys said you get so many PMs and attacks. In my years I've only had one pm questioning my mod action after a warning (from returned banned user).
How active is the report center that would be that constant berrage of abuse? I work on a place with over a hundred thousand users (some can't be contentious in threads) and our report center maybe gets 60-100 reports a day? And our mods cumulatively get only maybe one mean or disputing pm a week so for a site with lower activity it's seems strange.
In the three years that I was a mod on GG, my modding was questioned once and that was the day before the incident that got me demodded. I was never questioned before that, nor was I complained about by the actual members. Now to the trolls who invaded the site, yes of course they had quite a bit to say then again they had quite a bit to say about everybody on GG. To a few members who received warnings for whatever reason, they don't like me but they've never questioned my modding.

I feel the need to clarify a few things as you're making a lot of assumptions. I am not "applying" to be a mod, I was already a mod for 3 years on GG, and was demodded last year because of an incident that is really nobody's business but the people who started it, the mod who escalated it, and the owners who finished it.

I am not "applying", I am looking to be reinstated and since Miss jammers put it on the table, one of the reasons that I behaved so out of character that day, is because of the fact that I am bipolar and was put on a new medication which did not agree with me. It exacerbated my personality in many negative ways of which I am not proud of. I have since stopped that medication and am fully stabilized.

I reached out to Miss Jammers and Morgan in a personal message to apologize once again and to ask for reinstatement because of the fact that several members have asked me repeatedly in the past year if I could please ask to be reinstated. While they love the current mods, and have no problem with them. They, for whatever reason, miss my no-nonsense approach. I stated my case to Miss Jammers and in return she asked me if I would mind a poll asking the members whether they felt I should be reinstated or not. I had no problem because in the end, it is up to the members because as I've stated previously, without them there is no site.

Let's get another thing clear, other than the incident that got me demodded, in the three years that I was a mod on GG, I was nothing but professional, fair and unbiased. In fact, my modding techniques were never questioned until the day of that incident. I didn't even play favorites with my friends. I brought my political and my religious views in one time. Once. In the three years that I modded this site, nobody knew whether I was Christian Muslim Buddhist Taoist, Atheist, Maoist, a member of the Family International, whatever nor did anybody know if I was a Democrat Republican, Conservative, Libertarian Moderate Independent, etc., I am a big believer in keeping personal lives off of this site and off of the internet in general. So the last thing that I would do is regularly bring my religious, political, or personal information or personal attacks, into a position that requires a lot of patience and a clear head.

You are assuming and inferring that, while modding, I brought my political and religious beliefs in on a regular basis, your assumption is wholly untrue. As far as being accused of making personal attacks no I have never done that either as a mod or as a member. Except for the singular incident last year, which again I have already apologized to the two people owed an apology and that is Morgan and Miss jammers. Now if you have proof where I personally attacked anyone during a rule enforcement or other modding procedure, please, bring it forward. If you can find regular occurrences, in the three years I modded, of my bringing my political and religious beliefs into a rule enforcement (other than the incident which started the incident to begin with) or other modding issue, please bring them forward, as well.

Now as far as I remember the only time my personal beliefs and views were "brought in" was during that particular drama and only that particular drama. I am not known to mince words or handle things with kid gloves I am incredibly direct and can be very blunt at times. Of which bluntness is needed at times, especially during a flame war or other disruption of the forums.

I'm sure it must seem strange the amount of threats that mods get but what you're probably not aware of is that many people view GG as a hate site and as a result, they have no qualms attacking the mods and the members for expressing their opinions. I'm sure you're not aware but this site attracts a small amount of people who are mentally unstable and they see nothing wrong with threatening or finding the personal information of the moderators and tech support and harassing them as Miss Jammers shared. They, like many people, don't like being told no and they have a strong sense of entitlement and when they are disciplined, they react. We are facilitating and harvesting the gossip of YouTube "celebrities" for lack of a better word and just like actual celebrities have, YTers have many many many crazed fans who do not like their Idols being criticized or talked about and as a result they lash out.

I assume that in your modding of your high-traffic site, you have not always made the right move though you claim your techniques were questioned once and that you've never been threatened or harassed which if that's the case congratulations, subreddits and other sites have members, including the mods, who share the same view point, and as a result admonishment is never needed. If you moderate a site like that then you have no idea what it is like to moderate a site like GG. And If you have never had to play the bad guy while modding, then congratulations you must mod some highly exceptional individuals

GG is actually quite short-staffed, because most people don't want the job. Before I was modded there were many mods but they all left for various reasons and even though they still have their mod banners but they haven't been seen in years . And then there are the mods who while they have the banner, choose not to mod whatsoever because they are far more comfortable as members. When I was first modded, it was myself and two others that did all of the modding. Later, we got a few new ones, including two people that I had nominated because of the fact that they are fair and professional and I knew that they would do a wonderful job. It's not a popular position so there aren't a lot of people requesting to be modded although there are nominations held twice a year where a mod is allowed to nominate a member.

On that subject, you would be astonished at the sheer number of reports that the staff receives on any given day and you'd be further shocked at the nature of the reports.

While you may not think GG is busy enough or could not possibly have as many reports, threats, what you may or may not be aware of is that mods do not just moderate the boards and handle reports, mod do everything short of the technical maintenance required to run the site. With all due respect, It's one of those things that unless you've ever been an active mod on GG, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby milanese15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 pm

I was not asking for a personal apology, but a general one for the site overall. People come on this site assuming they have anonymity and breaking that trust is extremely problematic. I have never asked for anything from you, and have no relationship to you, but in regards to this concept of people being "fair weather" or that it was a "one time mistake"--sometimes that's all it takes for people to change their positions. I don't harbor any ill will, but I do believe that that thread was so out of bounds that it should carry far more weight than to be reduced to a "one time mistake." You are certainly entitled to your personal beliefs, I don't think anyone expects you to apologize for having a personal ideology. It was the way you chose to interact with people and behave in that thread. I was hoping for a simple, humble explanation accepting that you behaved inappropriately and acknowledgment that taking responsibility may not be enough for everyone.

Now that I've seen your response, I'm not on board, but it's not my site and I'm only one poster. In my view, this is a gossip website to discuss youtubers, and that's it--not a family or place where I come looking for support. It is because of that perspective that I believe mods who are so personally invested that a meta thread about rule changes devolved into what that one did may not be the best for the job. That's all.
milanese15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 3119 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby tar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Ladies and possibly gentlemen: Have you never made a mistake? Ever?
Something that you wish you could undo? Think about it.

CHB has taken a long time away from this board. She mentioned that she was prescribed some new medication
that caused her to have serious side effects and lapses in judgment. In my line of work that is something
that I saw a lot of. It is hard to get the perfect combination for each patient. Some harder than others. I
feel a person shouldn’t be blamed because they are sick and trying to get better. She states that her new
medication is working and she is stabilized now.

How much of an apology do each of you expect from someone, who was temporarily sick at the time, to make
to make to each of you? Many of you were not involved at all in the incident that took place yet you still talk
about it as if CHB personally offended you. I don’t understand that. After reading that she had extreme
difficulty with a new medication that was being tried to treat an illness, that doesn’t seem to cause any empathy
in my fellow posters.

I am really sorry to see that many of you have so little thought and compassion. Not that I expect you to
change your mind.

I just don’t understand not giving someone another chance.
User avatar
tar
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:33 pm
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 6410 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Delet This » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:22 am

Since you asked, CHB, it was in the Jaclyn Hill threads you spoke about being a libertarian, "stupid liberals", and "they're trying to take our guns" and it was i believe 2 months before your thread meltdown. I don't know if you were off your meds for months or just on the day of the 13 page tirade?

I have a general question. If a user was posting off topic in threads about their politics and disparaging other political parties and saying they follow the true God and anyone who didnt concur with their rants was the object of insults and doxing what would you do to the member? Would they be suspended, banned? Did you find out their medical history and give them second chances? After all "haven't you ever made a mistake?" I don't feel like you guys would be as quick to hand wave and poo poo that outlandish aggressive behavior in others if it were directed at you.

Yes it is offensive, Tar we trust you guys to behave better than us since you guys set the standard ...in the volunteer role that you have chosen. Integrity and kindness and fairness are valued even by "snowflakes" or "idiots". When people cherry pick when to act that way to those they pledged to help it's isn't mod worthy, consistency works best.

It is not personal. If a person volunteered any social club and they started revealing the other volunteers names to the public without consent and talking shit in these long tirades and ranting about Jesus apropos of nothing to those participating they'd be asked to separate as well.
User avatar
Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 1289 times
Been thanked: 5550 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby milanese15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 am

No one is trying to ruin her life or cast her aside. This is essentially a meta conversation about what kind of mods the people on this board want. I've made I clear that I believe it should be someone professional who is not overly invested, so that it doesn't become toxic. I was in that thread. It was worrying. And it didn't sound like the website was having a positive effect on CHB's life. It's not about whether someone deserves forgiveness--I mentioned in my first post that I believe in second chances. It's about whether or not she would approach the job in a way we are comfortable with. Based on her responses, I don't think she would. But like I've also said before, I'm just one voice on this website.
milanese15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 1608 times
Been thanked: 3119 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby SuggthePug » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:51 am

If the site really is so short-staffed when it comes to mods, isn't it then time for another round of finding new ones ooor..? :?
Image
User avatar
SuggthePug
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:15 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 1519 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:05 am

Delet This wrote:Since you asked, CHB, it was in the Jaclyn Hill threads you spoke about being a libertarian, "stupid liberals", and "they're trying to take our guns" and it was i believe 2 months before your thread meltdown. I don't know if you were off your meds for months or just on the day of the 13 page tirade?

I have a general question. If a user was posting off topic in threads about their politics and disparaging other political parties and saying they follow the true God and anyone who didnt concur with their rants was the object of insults and doxing what would you do to the member? Would they be suspended, banned? Did you find out their medical history and give them second chances? After all "haven't you ever made a mistake?" I don't feel like you guys would be as quick to hand wave and poo poo that outlandish aggressive behavior in others if it were directed at you.

Yes it is offensive, Tar we trust you guys to behave better than us since you guys set the standard ...in the volunteer role that you have chosen. Integrity and kindness and fairness are valued even by "snowflakes" or "idiots". When people cherry pick when to act that way to those they pledged to help it's isn't mod worthy, consistency works best.

It is not personal. If a person volunteered any social club and they started revealing the other volunteers names to the public without consent and talking shit in these long tirades and ranting about Jesus apropos of nothing to those participating they'd be asked to separate as well.


Firstly,my life certainly will not be ruined if I'm not reinstated. Yes I'll miss being able to help but life will go on. On the contrary, volunteering on the site had quite a positive effect on my life most of the time, then again I enjoy helping people. I don't believe anybody's expecting me to apologize for my beliefs and if they were it will never happen. An apology to the site overall I don't recall attacking the entire site. Disrupting perhaps and for that I apologize, but attacking the entire site or the members within, no I didn't do that. As I've stated previously the people that I attacked have already been apologized to.

As for your argumentative "general question", speaking for myself I wouldn't allow that to continue nor do I think Morgan Miss Jammers or any mod would allow that. . Why would we? If you're insinuating that I've doxxed or banned anyone who disagreed with me or my beliefs, you're dead wrong. I haven't nor would I.
I'm aware that people expect the mods to set the pace and behave in a capacity of professionalism. If a mod is any good then most of the time they succeed and other times they won't. That's the price of being human I guess. Congratulations if you are always able to set the standard and always behave in a professional capacity. That's one of the reasons why I didn't participate in the threads that often when I was a mod, because of the fact that there is a higher standard and mods should really maintain a professional decorum and not carry-on in the threads, in my personal opinion.

Regarding second chances, as a matter of fact, Miss Jammers, Morgan and several mods have given many members second chances and there were times when a person should have been banned but we gave them second chances because we're all human and we all fuck up. I personally removed many warnings after a person explained the circumstances for which they violated the rules and I asked Morgan to unban a few who reached out and asked for a second chance. And a third chance and a fourth chance. Then again, I'm an extremely forgiving person and while I'm opinionated, I try not to act like I'm better than anyone or like I know what's gone on in their background and I never try to judge them, with the exception of the Youtubers.

With regards to GG Members and anyone who has ever messed up, If a person asks for a second chance, who is anyone to deny them one? Even when we're not familiar with them and even when our personal feelings try getting in the way, we don't live their lives and none of us are better than anyone. Except for maybe the attention starved Youtubers, but I digress.

I don't recall a soapbox rant regarding leftists grabbing guns on the JH thread but I do know I was off of my mood stabilizer a couple of months prior to The Big Rant. And I believe it was you who went on his soapbox rant about me offending 50% of the site by saying liberals and what not I should clarify here and now that I meant "leftist". Not all Liberals are leftists, and not all leftists or liberals. I didn't mean Democrats or people that classify themselves as liberals. This is a thread where you can State your peace and opinion on my being reinstated, so it is what it is, I will not however sit idly by and allow you or anybody to denigrate my reputation or attack me by accusing me of doxxing or revealing anybody's personal information, for ANY reason.

Ultimately the decision is Miss Jammers and Morgan's but I'm glad that the members are being allowed to have their say whether they're for me or against me, it's nice to have an open forum in which everybody can respectfully state their piece. However I don't recall Miss Jammers saying that anybody was allowed to attack me or anybody on this thread.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby Delet This » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 am

it is what it is, I will not however sit idly by and allow you or anybody to denigrate my reputation or attack me by accusing me of doxxing or revealing anybody's personal information, for ANY reason


You didn't post that users real name in the thread after arguing with them?

I apologize for misunderstanding that then.
User avatar
Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 1289 times
Been thanked: 5550 times

Re: Reinstate CHB

Postby ColdHeartedBitch » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 am

Goodness. So much hashing and rehashing and passive agressive barbs, even a few suggestions that because of the fact that I stated my political and religious beliefs, that because of that I should not be reinstated, although I was unaware that a person's political and religious beliefs have anything to do with them being a good mod. I think my entire history as a mod should be considered and not the singular incident that got me demodded nor should comments that I made on a forum in a non moderator compacity. Thank goodness it is not up to the vocal minority, just from my comments regarding a YouTuber, I'd be hung on a spit and roasted like a Hawaiian Pig or forced to walk on hot coals and beaten with willow branches as penance.

There are so many opinions on whether I should be reinstated, including opinions from people whom I've never had dealings with in any capacity, people whom I do not know and do not know me or my modding technique, nor were they involved in the incident that got me demodded in the first place, they have a biased Cliffnotes version of the singular incident, of which the thing that is continually brought up, is the fact that while I was disciplining two members and enforcing the rules, I edited two posts and mentioned the Lord. And I mentioned my political beliefs in a non-mod post. Apparently my posts, whether they were in a mod capacity or not, are reasons to not have me reinstated.

This vocal minority are suggesting that instead of me being reinstated, new mods should be put in place, yet I don't see them volunteering for the job.

It should be noted that any potential mod, nominated or voluntary, will have their entire posting history combed through and every bit of their behavior on GG is scrutinized before they're even considered.

Morgan and Miss Jammers are painstakingly thorough when selecting a mod, and any sort of negative behavior, including questionable interaction with others, will cause a person whether nominated or voluntary, to not be modded. And if a person is approved, it can take weeks to a couple of months as Auntie Flo will tell you, after I nominated her it took quite a few weeks for her to get her modship.

So there's a question: Should a seasoned mod be reinstated, someone who knows how to navigate the site and knows how to do all of the things required, including all of administrative tasks, or should there be new mods with limited access, learning everything on their own as they will not be taught by any member of the staff, except to maybe given a few basics, as Auntie Flo and anyone who has ever modded this site will tell you.

Ultimately it lays in the hands of Miss Jammers Morgan and if they decide that I should be reinstated, if they are met with any abuse or attacks, then I will rescind my request. I won't have her or Morgan attacked should they decide to remod me. This also goes for the members who are in favor of it, I do not want anybody abused simply because they want me back.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.
User avatar
ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Estados Unidos
Has thanked: 5159 times
Been thanked: 6809 times

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to NEWS
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge