Unpopular Opinions Part 7

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unpopular Opinions Part 7

Post by _iva19_ »

I absolutely DESPISE the "poetry" book popular amongst YouTubers and tumblr users called "Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur. As a passionate English Literature student I find it completely basic, been there read that. It lacks substance and covers overdone subjects. I find it hilarious that some people have read this type of "poetry" and think they have mastered the subject when there are much better, much more inspiring and touching works of poetry that not a single person who shares a large platform cares to mention. I'm usually neutral toward literature I don't like, I rarely go out of my way to criticise it, but this one irks me immensely.

Post by Guest »

Those "exposed" or gossip Youtube channels are so stupid. Bitch you're not Wendy Williams, just stop.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Pastel Rage wrote:Beyonce is very talented and all, but she doesn't need to win every single award.
I'm getting sick of all the bandwagoning in general, most people seem to be just parroting how amazing she is just for existing. Also the pregnancy photoshoot was tacky as hell.
For real! She's awfully overrated.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

tigh high boots are TRASH looking. on any one with any outfit, any given day :roll:

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

IT was boring and generic, and I can't wait for people to shut up about it.
And I feel the exact same way about the Wonder Woman movie. Stop giving things extra credit.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Most young women are extremely lacking in critical thinking skills, and just follow the herd. Sadly, even (or in some cases, especially) in college, people don't actually learn how to think.

Fortunately, turning off the TV and staying off social media will help.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

AnnaWintour wrote:Those "exposed" or gossip Youtube channels are so stupid. Bitch you're not Wendy Williams, just stop.

Totally agree. I don't know why people give Sanders Kennedy or whatever his name is the time of day, along with storytime YouTubers like Tana. She has actual "fans" and all she does is make up stories for views on the Internet.

Post by Guest »

So, why exactly do people care about Chrissy Teigen?

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

AnnaWintour wrote:So, why exactly do people care about Chrissy Teigen?
No idea. How did she even get that collab with Becca or whatever brand it was?

aauball
Learner
Learner

Post by aauball »

Today, some white guy shot a lot of people in Las Vegas, and has a female companion who happened to be an Asian woman. That Asian woman is a Filipino, and it sucks to see someone of my own "kind" in this negative spotlight. And just as I expected, I went to see the hapas subreddit and stones and scathing comments were thrown at her, just because she's a white guy. So many sick comments such how "we" don't have sick standards and how we will go with anyone just for a visa. I know Asian women in general have a neg rep for caping for the white guy, and they use poverty as an excuse to get out of their country, but I wish this generalization would just stop. Stop painting everyone with a broad brush. Maybe that's why I don't want to live in a western country in the first place - I'm nervous people will stereotype me. And the ones who are quick to throw rocks at Asian girls in that subreddit must think they're the shit when they know they ain't no shit. I swear, since I discovered that subreddit I've gone a little mental because of how hateful and angry some half-white people are, that they're sick of the racism when they don't care perpetuating that kind of -ism towards women and others. I'm pretty sure they're not even good-looking themselves, yet they wish deep down they get a lot of girls themselves. Sheeesh, I'm fucking out and I guess I should stop going there ffs.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

aauball wrote:Today, some white guy shot a lot of people in Las Vegas, and has a female companion who happened to be an Asian woman. That Asian woman is a Filipino, and it sucks to see someone of my own "kind" in this negative spotlight. And just as I expected, I went to see the hapas subreddit and stones and scathing comments were thrown at her, just because she's a white guy. So many sick comments such how "we" don't have sick standards and how we will go with anyone just for a visa. I know Asian women in general have a neg rep for caping for the white guy, and they use poverty as an excuse to get out of their country, but I wish this generalization would just stop. Stop painting everyone with a broad brush. Maybe that's why I don't want to live in a western country in the first place - I'm nervous people will stereotype me. And the ones who are quick to throw rocks at Asian girls in that subreddit must think they're the shit when they know they ain't no shit. I swear, since I discovered that subreddit I've gone a little mental because of how hateful and angry some half-white people are, that they're sick of the racism when they don't care perpetuating that kind of -ism towards women and others. I'm pretty sure they're not even good-looking themselves, yet they wish deep down they get a lot of girls themselves. Sheeesh, I'm fucking out and I guess I should stop going there ffs.
I don't even go on Reddit, but I hear that subreddit is cancer.

Post by Guest »

Glossier does not appeal to me in the slightest. Despite being the new "millennial" brand.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Don't know why everyone and their mother loves Fashion Nova so much, one of my friends is like a spokesperson for them and models their stuff on social media and gets sent free clothes--it's ALL she wears. I get that they cater to more of the curvy girl and I think that's awesome, but I went onto their site to try and find some stuff and literally 95% of the clothing was horrendous and gaudy, I could hardly find anything that didn't have cutouts all over the place or made it to where the models boobs were practically out, it just all reminded me of cheap shit you'd find in a Forever 21 clubbing section.

I'm still open to trying their jeans but holy shit most of their clothing is just AWFUL! Like Forever 21clearance rack meets Kardashian awful.

aauball
Learner
Learner

Post by aauball »

Watching CNN and I saw some snippet of a news about Weibo crashing just cuz some Chinese pop star announced he has a gf. Name was Luhan, and I wonder wth is the hype? I've seen his face before and I for a second thought he was very cute, not even for a bit. I mean, he gives me the same feeling I feel about Kpop stars - overrated. And the way some "fans" defend them even on the internet, where anyone is free to express their opinion, are fucking ridiculous sometimes. I hope one day they wake up and realize these stars don't care about them and they just want their money.

Anyway, I'll never get the hype about Kpop and their so-called stars. They all look the same to me and the fame probably got way in over their head.

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by I_only_envy_cats »

This is probably the most unpopular opinion according to this site, but: I like Kalel.

Post by Guest »

I hate liquid lipsticks.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

even though I don't particularly dislike peanut butter itself, I feel like peanut butter as a flavour (ice cream, chocolate, oreos etc etc) is just uncalled for :? :? :?

Post by Guest »

I really want a chinchilla fur coat or stole and I'd wear it everywhere and be glamorous as fuck.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I don't really see the appeal of Meghan Markle. Yeah she's pretty but she's not like drop dead gorgeous in my opinion, she's just a typical average pretty girl in my eyes. If I walked by her on the street, I wouldn't be memorized or anything. I live in the city and walk by tons of beautiful women though so maybe I'm just desensitized by beauty but i don't know she just looks very average-pretty to me. She's also not that great of an actress.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Izabella wrote:I don't really see the appeal of Meghan Markle. Yeah she's pretty but she's not like drop dead gorgeous in my opinion, she's just a typical average pretty girl in my eyes. If I walked by her on the street, I wouldn't be memorized or anything. I live in the city and walk by tons of beautiful women though so maybe I'm just desensitized by beauty but i don't know she just looks very average-pretty to me. She's also not that great of an actress.
Agreed! She's no Grace Kelly!

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”