Rachel & Employment

twatchel
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rachel & Employment

Post by twatchel »

If you Google "Rachel Whitehurst", one of the first search results is this webpage:
http://moarfailplzkthx.blogspot.ca/2012 ... hurst.html

(Equipped with pictures, screencaps, and more!)

If Rachel intends to pursue a job in the makeup industry, having her Youtube channel could be a good thing. Except...
* she's disrespectful, distasteful, and profane in her videos
* she is unprofessional as hell
* and if she uses her real name on her resume application, an employer can Google her and her usernames... and find out she's lied about cancer... and about being molested... and that she is a vile person who is not professional.

Has Rachel considered these issues? What do you guys think?
Unless she marries Chris and takes his name (at least sort of eliminating her Google-able factor, somewhat), she is not looking very hire-able at this moment!

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Rachel & Employment

Post by Wtf.ever »

Her youtube channel would not be a plus if she wanted to be a makeup artist. If she was good at makeup she would at least be able to pick out a flattering lipstick. Then there's the matter of her eyebrows. She has no real understanding of products beyond statements like 'this shit is fucking good' . Just no.

beautifulwordsxo
Debater
Debater

Post by beautifulwordsxo »

So true.. Im sure that anyone who even just reads her blog would be unimpressed that someone with a communications degree refers to a lipbalm as moisturizing as fuck ok bb~~~~

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

I really don't think Rachel realizes how badly she could be screwing herself over. Basically everything you guys have said (including MFP - holy crap, if I were an employer that would send me straight to NOPEville). I just think she lives in this delusional world where there are no consequences and when she graduates she will get a magic job sitting around doing nothing while Chris incurs massive student loan debt in grad school. The reality is that neither she nor Chris have any real world experience that employers are looking for. If her parents aren't paying her entire tuition bill... Good luck paying off those loans next November, sweetie.

twatchel
Learner
Learner

Post by twatchel »

missmars wrote:I really don't think Rachel realizes how badly she could be screwing herself over. Basically everything you guys have said (including MFP - holy crap, if I were an employer that would send me straight to NOPEville). I just think she lives in this delusional world where there are no consequences and when she graduates she will get a magic job sitting around doing nothing while Chris incurs massive student loan debt in grad school. The reality is that neither she nor Chris have any real world experience that employers are looking for. If her parents aren't paying her entire tuition bill... Good luck paying off those loans next November, sweetie.
To her, it's just quick money. Shitty money, but she's too dumb to actually get a real job, so she pulls in a few pennies with Youtube.
And what in the future, when she needs a career? NVM. She'll just have Chris pay the bills! Sugar daddy~~~~

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

missmars wrote:I really don't think Rachel realizes how badly she could be screwing herself over. Basically everything you guys have said (including MFP - holy crap, if I were an employer that would send me straight to NOPEville). I just think she lives in this delusional world where there are no consequences and when she graduates she will get a magic job sitting around doing nothing while Chris incurs massive student loan debt in grad school. The reality is that neither she nor Chris have any real world experience that employers are looking for. If her parents aren't paying her entire tuition bill... Good luck paying off those loans next November, sweetie.
I feel like I've heard her say before that she doesn't have student loans, but Chris does. Don't quote me, but I think I've heard something along the lines of that. She needs to bow to her parents and kiss their feet for being fortunate enough to pay her college tuition, instead of talking shit about her mom and such. My brother and I were fortunate enough that since we were the only grandchildren on our Dad's side, they put a lot of money away for us to go to college, which was extremely important to them. With that, and money my parents had saved, we were both able to go to college without having to take out student loans, which I'm forever grateful for. My best friend just got her Master's degree in counseling, and she was telling me that she had accumulated $90k in student loan debt. Her husband has $30k, for a combined total of $120k between the both of them. It's ridiculous how expensive college is, especially grad school. I don't think Rachel has enough of a grip on reality to even realize the debt that Chris will have going to grad school. And some little job at Sephora isn't going to pay the bills in Seattle when he's in school. Most grad school curriculum requires some kind of full-time internship in the final year which would make working a job nearly impossible for him. I'm sure the cost of living there is a lot more than rural Pennsylvania.

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

beachbunny525 wrote:
I feel like I've heard her say before that she doesn't have student loans, but Chris does. Don't quote me, but I think I've heard something along the lines of that. She needs to bow to her parents and kiss their feet for being fortunate enough to pay her college tuition, instead of talking shit about her mom and such. My brother and I were fortunate enough that since we were the only grandchildren on our Dad's side, they put a lot of money away for us to go to college, which was extremely important to them. With that, and money my parents had saved, we were both able to go to college without having to take out student loans, which I'm forever grateful for. My best friend just got her Master's degree in counseling, and she was telling me that she had accumulated $90k in student loan debt. Her husband has $30k, for a combined total of $120k between the both of them. It's ridiculous how expensive college is, especially grad school. I don't think Rachel has enough of a grip on reality to even realize the debt that Chris will have going to grad school. And some little job at Sephora isn't going to pay the bills in Seattle when he's in school. Most grad school curriculum requires some kind of full-time internship in the final year which would make working a job nearly impossible for him. I'm sure the cost of living there is a lot more than rural Pennsylvania.
For real, though. Undergrad and Grad are two completely different worlds. Federal financial aid for grad school is literally unsubsidized stafford loans, which leaves the rest to private loans. Scholarships are even more competitive and hard to come by. For someone like Chris who has ~no social skillz~ (thanks, Rachel), no internship experience, and no networking ability, he's going to have a hell of a time financing that kind of education. I would not be surprised if he eventually came to resent Rachel for being so unmotivated and encouraging him to go into that kind of debt without a solid plan in place. They really have no place in the real world.
Last edited by missmars on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missmars
Talker
Talker

Post by missmars »

Sorry, double post! GG won't let me delete it >__<

gooroo
Debater
Debater

Post by gooroo »

honestly, she is probably expecting to become a "famous" youtuber so she can sit on her lazy ass all day and make a video once a week for money. i doubt she expects herself to actually need a real world job. rachel is far too above the peasants who actually work for a living! lol

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

This should be retitled "Rachel and Unemployment" tbh

theroyalwe
Informer
Informer

Post by theroyalwe »

It's so weird how much there is a difference between American Uni's and Englands. Here, EVERYONE gets student loan for the first 3 years, which is basically a degree in any subjects. Then, you don't start paying back until you earn around £20k a year, and also, you don't even need to pay the whole thing back (that's what my sister said who's in her second year). I feel sad for Chris ngl, he's wasting his life away with Rachel.
we get tears over beers once again

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”